Richmond Regional Predictions

LionsFan

Interesting. Mostly agree but def don't see Messer finishing ahead of Fuller.  Don't see Kell in front of Cox or Twine either.  I don't think Handley will get surprised by anyone at 145.      It will be a good day of watching wrestling.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the best potential finals match ups?

285 - Garland vs. Trawick

220 - Brown vs. Lindemann

195 - Hawkins vs. Thomas

160 - Shaw vs. Webster (I think Webster's only two losses are to Hedger and Gramman)

132 - Fuller vs. Messer

113 - If they can get past Jenkinson and Isaacs/Ford (a big if on both), Brasier and Boggs will meet in the final for the fourth week in a row.  Brasier won the first, 9-4, and Boggs has won the last two, 4-0 and 2-0.

These are some of the possible good match -ups for the finals

113 Boggs (SD) vs Jenkinson (CV)

120 too close to call but Tipton (CV) vs Anderson (NC) (not surprised if 2 different wrestlers here)

132 Fuller (UC) vs Salatin (EC)

138 Wood (RU) vs Marschand (CO)

145 Handley (NE) vs Yatsko (MI) :o

152 Steele (CO) vs Decker (NC) :o

182 Howard (BA) vs Harnishfeger (FC)

195 Hawkins (MI) vs Thomas (KT)

285 Garland (RU) vs Trawick (RI) :o

Interesting. Mostly agree but def don't see Messer finishing ahead of Fuller.  Don't see Kell in front of Cox or Twine either.   I don't think Handley will get surprised by anyone at 145.       It will be a good day of watching wrestling.

agree that messer wont beat fuller. i doubt he gets past salatin. 138 is way up for grabs. the weaker 2 wrestlers in that class have each other in the first round between twine and gartenman. Twine should win that match but not a lock. I have seen all those guys wrestle multiple times this year and many matches against each other and even in those matches it could have gone either way. cox has been the most consistent and I give a slight edge to him but would not be surprised at all to see marschand, wood or solomon win. Kell can take the match right to you and doesnt stop but I have him right behind those guys along with the freshman decker who had he not tripped himself and fell back against twine in match at sectionals, could just have easily been the 2 or 1 seed from there. he isnt your typical freshman (look at that last name) lol. agree that handley destroys 145 but after that, yatsko, hale, dole and manning are all evenly matched...i wish hartman was there.

These are some of the possible good match -ups for the finals

113 Boggs (SD) vs Jenkinson (CV)

120 too close to call but Tipton (CV) vs Anderson (NC) (not surprised if 2 different wrestlers here)

132 Fuller (UC) vs Salatin (EC)

138 Wood (RU) vs Marschand (CO)

145 Handley (NE) vs Yatsko (MI) :o

152 Steele (CO) vs Decker (NC) :o

182 Howard (BA) vs Harnishfeger (FC)

195 Hawkins (MI) vs Thomas (KT)

285 Garland (RU) vs Trawick (RI) :o

at 120 i would be surprised if tipton gets past struewing. struewing is a much more technical wrestler with more experience and stronger.

at 182 I want to see a rematch of howard vs robinson. robinson pinned howard the last time easily. I think howard knows who robinson is now and sure to be a great match.

I agree with the rest, would be some great matches!!!

Here's my predictions for the top 4 for this Regional Bracket

106. Newton, Pace, Corbett, Moody

113. Jenkinson, Isaacs, Braiser, Boggs

120. Tipton, Anderson, Craft, Lonneman

126. Gettinger, Boyles, Michaels, Luca

132. Messer, Fuller, Salatin, Kelly

138. Decker, Kell, Cox, Twine

145. Handley, Yatsko, Hale, Dole

152. Decker, Steele, Gramman, Nobbe

160. Webster, Shaw, Pope, Bischoff

170. Hedger, Sargent, Hittle, Gonzalez

182. Robinson, Howard, Harnishfeger, Vessels

195. Hawkins, Thomas, Hooten, Huffman

220. Lindemann, Brown, Hadley, Kennedy

HWT. Trawick, Garland, Alamillo, Deikes

106 Pace and Moody will be 1-2 and I think SD could sweep this weight. 113 Brasier and Boggs might pin their way to the finals. 120 Struewing, Oyler, and Lonnoman will advance. 132 Fuller will dominate this weight...Messer might not even beat Money...he didn't last year. 138 Cox might make it through, but he will have a dog fight with Solomon...the other three will come from SD...170 Sargent will be lucky to get past Gonzalez and I don't think Robinson will be in the finals at 182 just my thoughts

Looks like Amberger will not be there unless a miracle happens. He had a torn cartilage in his knee removed on Monday I believe. Stinks to make it this far and not be able to continue. Have been down this road last year.

dang I hate to hear that regardless what school they are from. I hate to see these kids work so hard toward something and then out due to that. My kid got sick the morning of sectionals...at least both have another year, amberger has a couple I think. So does that mean Don Hoffrogge from Milan takes his place at regionals now since he was 5th?

dang I hate to hear that regardless what school they are from. I hate to see these kids work so hard toward something and then out due to that. My kid got sick the morning of sectionals...at least both have another year, amberger has a couple I think. So does that mean Don Hoffrogge from Milan takes his place at regionals now since he was 5th?

As long as Batesville had let Milan know then Hoffrogge would be the replacement if Amberger can't go

Shank has alot of talent. I don't see why everyone is putting him out of it so soon. He may surprise you.

probably because deilkes beat him at conference. I dont think shank has ever beaten deilkes has he? anything can happen though...and good luck to you, i got you predicted 3rd and going going to semi state. I wouldnt be surprised if you did better than that though.

probably because deilkes beat him at conference. I dont think shank has ever beaten deilkes has he? anything can happen though...and good luck to you, i got you predicted 3rd and going going to semi state. I wouldnt be surprised if you did better than that though.

I don't think they've ever wrestled but that one time, it'll be interesting I think. And thanks!

Shank has alot of talent. I don't see why everyone is putting him out of it so soon. He may surprise you.

Anybody got details on this Shank kid. I wrestled a kid with the same last name last year at this Regional. Just wondering.

Anybody got details on this Shank kid. I wrestled a kid with the same last name last year at this Regional. Just wondering.

Shank wrestles for Camridge City...he was a 220 pounder last year and is at 285 this year... I just don't see him beating Deilkes...Union County wrestles a much tougher schedule than CC and I think that showed at conference, and will again Saturday

Shank wrestles for Camridge City...he was a 220 pounder last year and is at 285 this year... I just don't see him beating Deilkes...Union County wrestles a much tougher schedule than CC and I think that showed at conference, and will again Saturday

As I said previously, Ive wrestled him before. He's got tons of heart and is very aggressive. Ive not seen him this year though. Did he wrestle Union County at some point this year. If so, what was the score/outcome.

I must remind you bigmak that your Sectional Prediction was incorrect @ 106!!  I want to tell you that I do appreciate the time & effort you place into the sport let alone the wrestlers you support across the board!!  Thank you!!

bigmak

State Qualifier

Re: South Dearborn Sectional

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:58:31 AM »

my picks:

106 moody, pace, wilburn bunch (placed 3rd)

113 brasier, ford, mcclurg, grass

120 struewing, oyler, bunch, bowers

126 gettinger, orschell, luca, ricketts

132 fuller, salatin, o'farrow, judd

138 marschand, solomon, wood, gartenman

145 hartman, manning, dole, yatsko

152 steele, gramman, utterback, nobbe

160 shaw, bischoff, day, krom

170 hittle, hedger, amberger, gonzalez

182 harnishfeger, howard, vessels, cavins

195 hawkins, hooten, huffman, moore

220 brown, lindeman, marvel, hadley

285 garland, deilkes, phillips, caddell

my predictions...and i think my record will show that I have never ever been wrong on my predictions that were correct lol.

106 pace, moody, newton, corbet (but i am cheering for bunch)

113 jenkinson, boggs, isaacs, braiser

120 struewing, anderson, lonneman, oyler (but im cheering for tipton)

126 gettinger, boyles, michaels, luca

132 fuller, salatin, messer, o'farrow

138 cox, wood, marschand, twine

145 handley, hale, yatsko, dole

152 decker, steele, gramman, finney

160 shaw, webster, bischoff, day

170 hedger, gonzolez, sargent, hittle

182 robinson, haward, vessels, harnishfeger

195 hawkins, thomas, hooten, huffman

220 brown, lindemann, hadley, kennedy

285 trawick, garland, phillips, deilkes

LMAO... he said, he hasn't ever been wrong when he was correct, lmao.  Which, also means, he was wrong when they were incorrect, lol.  Trolling... gotta love it.

While your at it, you might as well have went thru his entire picks an pointed out all of the wrong " predictions ", he was correct on all the ones he got right tho, so, Bigmak, I commend you for getting 100% of the ones you predicted right, correct.  Good luck all Saturday, I'm sure it will be a good day of wrestling.

Hoffroge is now out.  Broke his leg last night at practice.  Orschell from FC is in.

WOW, that not good, first Amberger, now Hoffrege.  Both good wrestlers and to have it end like this.  Hope for a full recovery for both and an opportunity for Orschell to capitalize on.  Good luck.

As I said previously, Ive wrestled him before. He's got tons of heart and is very aggressive. Ive not seen him this year though. Did he wrestle Union County at some point this year. If so, what was the score/outcome.

I believe Deilkes pinned him in the first period

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.