Reitz Vs. Mater Dei

hook and half

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good guess.  Anything surprise you tonight.

I wasn't able to go...but if that is the way it unfoldered, then not really surprised.  MD's middle and upper is just more expirenced. 

In the Conference meet it is going to be a brawl from beginning to end and top to bottom.

If I remember correctly Reitz won at 106 by fall, 113 by dec., 126 by decision, 195 by fall and heavy by fall.  Total matches went 9-5 MD

If Reitz had pins at 106, 195, and hwt ='s 18...and decisions at 113 and 126 ='s at least 6. How did Reitz only have 21?

if you didn't go to the meet there's really no way to actually get a sense for how it unfolded.   The match was much closer than the final score indicates.   MD jumped out big early with some pins and close decisions.   Winning the first match by pin while trailing got them off to a great start.   I was very impressed with Wimpleberg, the no call on the takedown at the buzzer was huge.   I'm not saying it was a bad call but it could have went either way - and of course - I thought it was a takedown :).   Kuhn not getting bonus points at 113 was another boost for MD.   MD wins the 120 match 1-0 with a penalty pt. for stalling in the 2nd with Reitz riding legs.   MD rode legs the entire 3rd period with no stalling called.  The only difference I could see was that MD wasn't active on bottom in the 2nd which made it look more like a stall on top?   Reitz was active on bottom in the 3rd but couldn't escape the legs.   These 2 guys will battle again for the next few weeks - just like last year.  I just hate to see a scoreless match decided by a penalty point.

The 126 match was very exciting and active.   132 was a close one with MD clinching the match with the decison.  The final match had Reitz just trying some high risk stuff with MD doing a great job of countering and taking advantage of mistakes.

Another great crowd and atmosphere....................too bad it wasn't covered in the Courier or TV!!

if you didn't go to the meet there's really no way to actually get a sense for how it unfolded.   The match was much closer than the final score indicates.   MD jumped out big early with some pins and close decisions.   Winning the first match by pin while trailing got them off to a great start.   I was very impressed with Wimpleberg, the no call on the takedown at the buzzer was huge.   I'm not saying it was a bad call but it could have went either way - and of course - I thought it was a takedown :).   Kuhn not getting bonus points at 113 was another boost for MD.   MD wins the 120 match 1-0 with a penalty pt. for stalling in the 2nd with Reitz riding legs.   MD rode legs the entire 3rd period with no stalling called.  The only difference I could see was that MD wasn't active on bottom in the 2nd which made it look more like a stall on top?   Reitz was active on bottom in the 3rd but couldn't escape the legs.   These 2 guys will battle again for the next few weeks - just like last year.  I just hate to see a scoreless match decided by a penalty point.

The 126 match was very exciting and active.   132 was a close one with MD clinching the match with the decison.  The final match had Reitz just trying some high risk stuff with MD doing a great job of countering and taking advantage of mistakes.

Another great crowd and atmosphere....................too bad it wasn't covered in the Courier or TV!!

Can we get match by match results?

Regarding 120 from where we were sitting we thought the stalling point was to Reitz. Bizarre call. I agree with everything you posted. Wimpelburg definitely had the takedown and with Kuhn it looked from my spot that he took a unintentional head to the chin which slowed him down considerably. Not sure if thats what happened but it looked painful from where I sat. Reitz needed these matches to get their heads ready for tournament time.

I have a little different opinion of the 120 pound match.  In the 2nd period it seemed to me as if Davis was hanging on for life trying to keep Johnson from scoring while not really trying to score himself.  In the third, while Johnson did ride him out the entire period, he seemed to be trying to score or turn Davis.  I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinion, but that is how it looked from my vantage point.  We will all get to see this match again a couple of more times this year and I'm sure it will be close again. 

I have a little different opinion of the 120 pound match.  In the 2nd period it seemed to me as if Davis was hanging on for life trying to keep Johnson from scoring while not really trying to score himself.  In the third, while Johnson did ride him out the entire period, he seemed to be trying to score or turn Davis.  I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinion, but that is how it looked from my vantage point.  We will all get to see this match again a couple of more times this year and I'm sure it will be close again. 

It was definitely a defense match. I am sure both went in looking for mistakes and neither made a mistake.

MD did get a break in the Parkinson match. I thought it was a take down as well.  However, point awarded to Reitz earlier in the match for fleeing the mat was questionable at best as well.

The 120 was a weird one. The Reitz kid did seem to be hanging on for dear life. To me, I would have just stopped it and started them over.

One of the biggest keys to me was the 195 & 220 matches.  These have been FF all year for MD.  The kids that filled in did a good job and came away with a split.

Finally, Even being a MD fan I have to say the Ferguson kid at 106 is ridiculous.  The speed he has is amaizing.

Ferguson by fall at 106

Kuhn over Lehman 7-0

Johnson dec. Davis 1-0

Todrank dec. Jordan 6-1 could be wrong on score

Pierre dec. Johns 4-2

Schroeder dec. Reese 9-2

Weinzapfel by fall at 145 for MD

Forzley MD by fall at 152

Parkinson dec. Wimpelberg 2-1

Schneider by fall at 170

Bassmeier dec. Myers at 182

Reitz dec. at 195

Dennis dec. at 220 for MD

Reitz gets the fall at 220 over MD JV

I hope I got them all right.  Memory isn't the best anymore

Ferguson by fall at 106

Kuhn over Lehman 7-0

Johnson dec. Davis 1-0

Todrank dec. Jordan 6-1 could be wrong on score

Pierre dec. Johns 4-2

Schroeder dec. Reese 9-2

Weinzapfel by fall at 145 for MD

Forzley MD by fall at 152

Parkinson dec. Wimpelberg 2-1

Schneider by fall at 170

Bassmeier dec. Myers at 182

Reitz dec. at 195

Dennis dec. at 220 for MD

Reitz gets the fall at 285 over MD JV

I hope I got them all right.  Memory isn't the best anymore

Know what you meant.

Just to clarify, Reitz did not have 7 Seniors, the had 5 Seniors, 3 Juniors, 3 Sophomores and 3 Freshman in their line up last night.

a couple of weeks ago, the paper listed 113, 132, 160, 170, 182, 220 and HWT all as seniors....  that isn't correct?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.