Cleveland State Open

Bruschi

Saw Tsirtsis won again at 149.  I wonder if they pulled his redshirt.  He did not wrestle unattached.  On the Mat forum somebody mentioned they may have but also could have been a mix up by the people running the tournament. 

Will be interesting to see what wt he wrestles at Midlands. 

Here are the brackets:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/clst/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/2012-13/box_score/stats_20121215aaa.pdf

Saw Tsirtsis won again at 149.  I wonder if they pulled his redshirt.  He did not wrestle unattached.  On the Mat forum somebody mentioned they may have but also could have been a mix up by the people running the tournament. 

Will be interesting to see what wt he wrestles at Midlands. 

Here are the brackets:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/clst/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/2012-13/box_score/stats_20121215aaa.pdf

These tourneys are opens...

Jimtown,

I was still under the impression that even in an open event you need to wrestle unattached? I may be wrong though.  It looks like most everybody else from NW wrestled unattached.

Will be interested to see what wt class Tsirtsis is at for the Midlands.  Both 141 and 149 are extremely tough this year. 

Jimtown,

I was still under the impression that even in an open event you need to wrestle unattached? I may be wrong though.  It looks like most everybody else from NW wrestled unattached.

Will be interested to see what wt class Tsirtsis is at for the Midlands.  Both 141 and 149 are extremely tough this year. 

do day yank the redshirt if he wind da midlands

Here is the video. I did not see much smack talk.  I can't believe the ref called a stalemate at the end of third though.

http://www.gohiocasts.com/coverage/250074-Cleveland-State-Open-GOhioCasts/video/671440-149-lbs-FINAL-Lenny-Richardson-ODU-VS-Jason-Tsirtsis-Northwestern-UNA

Your right the stalemate was pretty bad. Looks like Jason was saying something about the guy scratching him.

Jason looks great for only being cleared to wrestle 6 weeks ago and having surgery in the spring summer on the shoulder.  That guy he wrestled is no slouch; he was

NHSCA senior Nationals and New Jersey St. Champ this year.

Every time I see Jason, he gets more and more impressive.  Younger wrestlers should watch is body position, hip and head pressure, and how he immediately goes on the

offense after he stops his opponent's attack.  Doubt he will be pulled off a Red-Shirt.  I would not be surprised if he came out next year at 141.

While I think Alex was more explosive and high flying, Jason's workmanlike style is better suitef for today's college era.  His defense and his ability to counter-attack will take him far, especially late in matched when guys get worn down. 

Solid match for Jason!  On the video it says Northwestern - UNA.... I am guessing that the UNA stands for unattached.  In any case, I am really confident that they will not pull Jason off of his redshirt year.  I am curious to see what weight he will go for midlands...... He looks pretty good at 149...... Maybe he will stay there.

141: 1. Kendric Maple, Oklahoma 2. BJ Futrell, Illinois 3. Devin Carter, Virginia Tech, Unattached 4. Michael Mangrum, Oregon State 5. Mitchell Port, Edinboro 6. Zach Neibert, Virginia Tech 7. Tyler Graff, Wisconsin 8. Evan Henderson, North Carolina 9. Jason Tsirtsis, Northwestern, Unattached 10. CJ Cobb, Penn 11. Camryn Jackson, Michigan 12. Luke Goettl, Iowa State

Other Contenders: Tyler Small, Kent State, Unattached Luke Vaith, Hofstra

Sick!

141: 1. Kendric Maple, Oklahoma 2. BJ Futrell, Illinois 3. Devin Carter, Virginia Tech, Unattached 4. Michael Mangrum, Oregon State 5. Mitchell Port, Edinboro 6. Zach Neibert, Virginia Tech 7. Tyler Graff, Wisconsin 8. Evan Henderson, North Carolina 9. Jason Tsirtsis, Northwestern, Unattached 10. CJ Cobb, Penn 11. Camryn Jackson, Michigan 12. Luke Goettl, Iowa State

Other Contenders: Tyler Small, Kent State, Unattached Luke Vaith, Hofstra

Sick!

What is this list about? Not following, sorry.

Got it, thanks. Anywhere to watch this tournament besides the finals on the BTN?

iTS at northwestern nort side of chicago / im tinking spending the day dare sunday. I also see Howe's fellow transfer Rutt is wraslin

- I wonder how da mauler is gettin along ?

I look forward to see t-shirts mixin it up - me thinks he is gonna bring home some scrap iron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.