Skinfold question

chillidawg

Since you only need 6 qualified weigh ins before sectional,  couldn't you actually weigh in at that weight and it not be a qualified weigh in?

Unless there is another fancy rules adjustment I sometimes miss, aqualifying weigh-in is any weigh-in reguardless of weight.  Though you do have to make scratch weight once to wrestle at that particular sectional weight.

Unless there is another fancy rules adjustment I sometimes miss, aqualifying weigh-in is any weigh-in reguardless of weight.  Though you do have to make scratch weight once to wrestle at that particular sectional weight.

I think a qualifying weigh-in is any that falls within the conditions set out in the alpha test and the IHSAA rules for bumping up.  Is there something else I am missing?

I think a qualifying weigh-in is any that falls within the conditions set out in the alpha test and the IHSAA rules for bumping up.  Is there something else I am missing?

Yes that is part of it too.  You must be "at or above" your minimum weight for that date as determined by your weight management plan.   What meant to say by "at any weight" is that you didn't have to make all 6 at your sectional weight class.  Which used to be part of the criteria prior to our new weight management plan system.  But a wrestler does need to have one at  "scratch" weigh-in (without Jan. 2lb allowance) at your sectional weight (per weight management) prior to the sectional seed meeting.  

If anyone need the exact information their should be a link on the wrestling part of the ihsaa.org website that spells out the Weigh-in rules.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.