How do you feel about the DAC conference and Merrillville semi-state??

benni hanna 79

The state champions over the past few years have been from the Merrillville semi-state. Particularly the DAC conference. Wrestlers in 'The Conference' face tough wrestlers week in and week out. With up and coming Valpo and Leroy Vega back at Portage, do you believe these trends will continue? Explain..

Your wording is wierd...the team state champs have been from indy the past 2 years and i dont see this year being different...that being said merrilville is by far the best semistate in the state, followed by new castle, evensville and Ft wayne after that in any order. Merrilville should stay competitive for a few years.

DAC very tough this year from top to bottom...

We all know that CP and Mville reload from year to year with lots of talent.  I guess the question this year is whether mVille surpasses CP or not.

Where makes the  DAC  really good is in the middle 

LC(robinson) and Portage(torres) have very strong programs, and should challenge Mville and CP.

Valpo and Chesterton are up and coming and have become very strong as well.

Valpo has a senior lead team and Coach Smith has brought the Vikings back.  A lot more depth and competition all around.  Look out for their seniors to make a difference.

Chesterton should be good this year...Kastsofaras ready for another run,,,and they have harlow and kanchar back from injuries last year. If harlow wrestles he will make noise.  I am not sure about Dax Jones leaving and the younger katsarfaros being injured, but they should still be strong

I am not sure about MC this year..Who is their new coach?

laporte has some hard nosed wrestlers as well who will be at semi state.

thoughts?

Re: How do you feel about the DAC conference and Merrillville semi-state??ed to see how Hasseman builds that team Clay is going to be tough 170 and up. Plus Penn has got better every year Harper has been there.

DAC

So many great wrestlers. One of the toughest conferences in the state.

1. Cp always talented still loaded

2. Merrillville Maldonado always reloads still has Stevenson and Garcia 2 high medals

3. Portage Leroy is rebuilding a dynasty with a great staff both Torres's will be awesome

4. Lake Central gelen is a freak hopefully he puts on enough weight to contend for the title

5. Valpo is going to be tough down low scgawrtz bravo Buckley cahil

6. Chesterton had some young tough wrestlers that could take that next step plus Katsaforas should get a medal

7. Laporte return a lot of talent alway tough plus added wordlaw from riley

8. Michigan city always has a couple real tough individual

Silver streak,

That is terrible about MC.  I feel bad for the kids.  Shame on their admin for bringing in a coach who has absolutely no experience.  They are setting him up for failure.  I am sure they would say there no was no one else. Could you imaging the school hiring a head basketball coach who had never played basketball or coached it?  I had heard they have cut coaching stipends there, and were having to pay coaches out of fundraising and the such.  Unfortunately, we are going to see more and more of this with school revenues cut.

MM

Mc admin doesn't care, words from AD mouth ... It's just wrestling ... Plenty of parents complained and AD said he didn't care he's got his tenure in and he's getting ready to retire... How does the school let a guy like that lead the athletics program , when they needed a football and basketball coach a few years ago they fired 2 qualified asst principles And put football and basketball coaches in those positions....

thats a serious problem and I know times are rough and most people could use the money but seriously not knowing anything and going into a sport as in wrestling or any sport you have to know some kind of background to it. Something like that kills programs for any kind of sport and I am sure there is some guys in that area that would love to have that job

then maybe someone should run him off if so many parents and kids are unhappy not to be mean about that but i think thats what needs to be done. the AD is to help and better all sports programs and be into all sporting events that the school is in not just be there not doing his job

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.