Line bracketing for freestyle?

coachi123

Saturday at Yorktown line bracketing was used. I was told that all freestyle tournaments would be ran that way. Does anyone know if this is right?

Thanks to Yorktown, your tourney was well ran and had great officials.

Jerry

It appears that we will be using line brackets this year. This is in line with what USA wrestling is doing on the national level.

I am fine with that, as long as we wrestle for true second.  wrestling for true second at ISWA FS & GR state should be no problem at all given how few kids show up nowadays.

So Fargo will be line bracketed this year?

It is my understanding that  vertical pairing will be used at Fargo this year but that USA Wrestling is planning to eventually change to line bracketing for all their events.   I think this is due to trackwrestling (which works much better using linebracketing) and highlighting championship matches (which can not be accomplished using straight vertical pairing. USA Wrestling has always used A & B pools when vertical pairing most of their events which, in my opinion, is not much different than line bracketing.

With that in mind, the ISWA will also use line bracketing at all state final events. Due to qualifying for the two Schoolboy Dual teams, wrestlebacks for a true second will be in place for the SB age division only at both FS & GR state.  Wrestlebacks for a true second, for all age divisions, is being discussed and could possibly be in place by 2013.

A little confused by this one particular statement:

Due to qualifying for the two Schoolboy Dual teams, wrestlebacks will be in place for the SB age division only at both FS & GR state.  

So, does that mean all the other other age divisions will NOT have wrestlebacks?  Just one and done if you lose?

A little confused by this one particular statement:

So, does that mean all the other other age divisions will NOT have wrestlebacks?  Just one and done if you lose?

I edited my post. In the future, I will try harder to be very careful in my wording. I guess I assumed everyone would understand that, with the exception of SB, line bracketing for FS & GR would be the same as Folkstyle State...not one and done if you lose. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.