Mark Hall

I was on Intermat checking out the national rankings and I saw Mark Hall from Minnesota #3 at 145, behind only Tsirtsis and Whitford. Under class, it has "2016" listed. This is an 8th grader ranked #3 nationally on high school rankings. That is absolutely amazing. If anyone has more information on him, I'd love to see an article or something.

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/rankings/high_school/145

I'm suprised that he's ranked that high. He is a big talent. I've seen him wrestle on several occasions. Of the guys I've seen that are ranked there, I don't see him ranked ahead of Short or Brill. JMO. And while he may be in 8th grade he's been held back at least once, maybe twice in school and he has the physical maturity of a 17-20 yr old. So let's see how this pans out in the next few years when some of the others start to reach his level of maturity.

I'm suprised that he's ranked that high. He is a big talent. I've seen him wrestle on several occasions. Of the guys I've seen that are ranked there, I don't see him ranked ahead of Short or Brill. JMO. And while he may be in 8th grade he's been held back at least once, maybe twice in school and he has the physical maturity of a 17-20 yr old. So let's see how this pans out in the next few years when some of the others start to reach his level of maturity.

Kid is very good and has improved a lot from this time last year till now.  He did beat Short this year in a close match (3-2) I think.  Will be interesting to see what weight he will end up being by Jr and Sr year.  8th grade and ranked 3rd in the nation at one of the toughest, deepest weight classes is amazing.  He had a couple losses in Tsirtsis weight class at Flonationals last year, but this year went undefeated in Minn and beat some really good wrestlers.

Not the most exciting match vs Short. But he did win it in defensive fashion.

Looking at his physical maturity now, he may not grow that much more. Why on earth would a kid that physically mature hold back? Given the fact that he's a dominating performer now? I don't get it.

Not the most exciting match vs Short. But he did win it in defensive fashion.

Looking at his physical maturity now, he may not grow that much more. Why on earth would a kid that physically mature hold back? Given the fact that he's a dominating performer now? I don't get it.

His dads got an answer for any such questions (some covered in article).  Up to you to believe if that's the right logic or not.

His dads got an answer for any such questions (some covered in article).  Up to you to believe if that's the right logic or not.

Well no matter how you slice it, the kid is a stud. His father mentions "maturity for a college campus"?? At 15 the boy obviously has the body of a 17-18 year old at least. But who am I to question what another parent does with the children? Surely not my place. He has a good chance to be a 6xer. From the sound of it that's what it's about.

Brady Berg is doing the same thing in MIN. winning his first state championship at 106# this past year as a 7th grader.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.