Most like honey badger?

Quincey Richey fits that criteria.

Agreed!  Had the pleasure of watching him all four years of high school since our team is in the same sectional.  Incredibly physical, even more so than his brother I believe.  It is a style that will compliment him well in college if he decides to go that route.

Agreed!  Had the pleasure of watching him all four years of high school since our team is in the same sectional.  Incredibly physical, even more so than his brother I believe.  It is a style that will compliment him well in college if he decides to go that route.

I dont think he meant it in a good way.

Take it for what its worth.  He had a tough time in the third place match, and I'm assuming the people that never watched him wrestle before that will only remember him in that light.  I'm just saying, there was much more to his career than that final match and it is sad people will remember him in that way.

I hate to say this, but Richey was DQ'd from the consolations as a freshman from breaking another wrestler's fingers.

There have been a few occasions, such as this, that can be attributed to a mean, physical style.  I'm just stating there was more to his career than these situations.  I'm not saying that his actions in these instances weren't uncalled for I'm just saying that they happened on the biggest stage in high school wrestling so people can't really judge a kid when they've only watched him wrestle a handful of times.  I also believe when kids are known have this certain style, not just Mr. Richey, that officials are much more liberal when giving out penalty points. Example: Many people, myself included, think that one or two of those points awarded in over time were just him having a record for being aggressive and weren't really warranted.

There have been a few occasions, such as this, that can be attributed to a mean, physical style.  I'm just stating there was more to his career than these situations.  I'm not saying that his actions in these instances weren't uncalled for I'm just saying that they happened on the biggest stage in high school wrestling so people can't really judge a kid when they've only watched him wrestle a handful of times.  I also believe when kids are known have this certain style, not just Mr. Richey, that officials are much more liberal when giving out penalty points. Example: Many people, myself included, think that one or two of those points awarded in over time were just him having a record for being aggressive and weren't really warranted.

i agree...he was much more than a few of those matches that a lot of people will remember him by but to get on here and say those points weren't warranted is b.s. 

i will say this though....the kid from w.b. should have had a lot more stallings called that weren't called and that is probably why richey was getting so frustrated.

It wasn't meant in a bad way though... I just saw him at state and noticed he was vicious.

And agreed about Petrov. Even after taking a big lead over last year's state champion, instead of stalling he keep wrestling hard and pins him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.