New weight classes effect at the finals

ENoblewrestling

With all of the negaitivity posted this season about the new weight classes I really did not notice a drop in the talent, skill, and overall wrestling at the finals.  The newer weights seemed to be pretty solid, and it didnt seem to me as though 138 and 145 were overly dominant weight classes.  I mean they had good wrestlers just like the rest of the weights, and two of the better champs, but on a whole it seemed as though the new weights worked out pretty well. What are your thoguhts?

I hate to say it, because I am a big fan of the champs at these weights, but 182 and 195 were the weakest top to bottom. 132 was the most dominate. Not a fan of the new weights at all.

I've said it all season and also noticed it, 182 and 195 are very diluted. Remember most kids in both these weight classes wouldve only formed 1 weight class last year.

I think it differs from team to team.  I know that where I am from 182 and 195 were not weak weight classes.  The lower classes are  still close together.  I think they should add a 245 lb weight class too.  If there is such a fuss, why not squezze another low class in.   

10 solid kids at those weights well where di they move to and where were they? I had a wrestler want to wrestle either jason or jackson

I know for a fact if not for Jackson, molloy would be at 138. If not for Tsirtsis, Blake Ruegar and some others form down south woulda been 145. Those 2 were what made the weight weaker. come next year, the 132-145 will be the toughest.

I know for a fact if not for Jackson, molloy would be at 138. If not for Tsirtsis, Blake Ruegar and some others form down south woulda been 145. Those 2 were what made the weight weaker. come next year, the 132-145 will be the toughest.

So the two toughest weights had to be 132 and 152 then correct?

I'm pretty sure 120 was the toughest weight class.  3 nationally ranked kids.  

126 was pretty ridiculous too.

Kyle Ayersman 3X state champ (lost in the finals as a freshman, I believe)

Cody Phillips 2X state champ, another place as well last year and woulda been fun this year if he would have been healthy

Cody LeCount How many ISWA state titles? Has he placed nationally yet?

Chandler Carroll 3rd as a freshman last year and nearly pulled a Petrov on Campbell last year in the semi's

Nick Crume beat Carroll 5-0 in the semi state

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.