IN-IL Senior All-Star Duals - Roster

Coach McCormick

I don't understand how there can be 3 matches at a weight.  I thought this was a dual competition and there were only two teams.  How does the 3rd wrestler come into play?  Is it because Illinois has 3 divisions?  If so, why then dont we have 3 complete teams?

1.  Illinois' 3 divisions do give them a little more of a logistical challenge.  There are weights where they have several seniors that would like matches, so we look at this as an opportunity for more Indiana seniors to have an opportunity to participate.  At this point there are roughly 4 "extra" matches throughout the line-up, and we do believe we are going to evenly distribute those matches into the 2 dual meets and have them count toward team points for the duals.

2.  All 126 pound Indiana placing seniors were given the opportunity to compete.  When that list was exhausted, I offer positions to placing seniors who have contacted me with an interest to compete.

3.  All Indiana spots were offered to seniors starting from the highest placer and working down in order as wrestlers declined positions for various reasons.

Coach McCormick

Would be nice to see Ethan Farmer step up to go at 152.  If not, would Blake Rueger be an option?  He was highly ranked and lost a tight 1-0 decision to Farmer in the SS ticket round. 

Would also love to see Maurer join at 195. 

Is Tyler Willis hurt?

Hate that neither Dominuque Stauffer or Kaden Suter weren't available or interested at 285.

Lastly, has Indiana ever won this dual meet?  I live in AL so most years I've missed it and it seems the years I catch it, the results haven't been good.

Would be nice to see Ethan Farmer step up to go at 152.  If not, would Blake Rueger be an option?  He was highly ranked and lost a tight 1-0 decision to Farmer in the SS ticket round. 

Would also love to see Maurer join at 195. 

Is Tyler Willis hurt?

Hate that neither Dominuque Stauffer or Kaden Suter weren't available or interested at 285.

Lastly, has Indiana ever won this dual meet?  I live in AL so most years I've missed it and it seems the years I catch it, the results haven't been good.

We've always, with only a couple exceptions, won the "small school" dual.  In the large-school dual, they've beaten us more than we've beaten them, but we win sometimes (usually in Indiana, when they have a lower percentage of their top guys and we have a higher percentage of ours).  This year should be very interesting with us bringing 10 state champs to Illinois.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.