LOCKS for state

Caleb Spires

With state coming up and a bunch of people giving insight on who they think the champions are, who are the ones you are most confident with?

1. Jason Tsirtsis

2. Devon Jackson

3. Jarred Brooks

On the flipside, which weights do you think will be the most unpredictable?

1. 126

2. 120

3. 220

With state coming up and a bunch of people giving insight on who they think the champions are, who are the ones you are most confident with?

1. Jason Tsirtsis

2. Devon Jackson

3. Jarred Brooks

On the flipside, which weights do you think will be the most unpredictable?

1. 126

2. 120

3. 220

106 would be a toss up

I would say every weight except 145 is block with 138 being as closer a lock as you can get.

106 Boston v Micic: the match was tight last year with micic weight under 103 then he put in a lot of work and went out and won Fargo.

113 Brooks v James v Phillips: Phillips only loss being a out of state loss he defeated James at the Indianamat open and then you have James the super freshman from Perry

120 Todd/Campbell/ petrov/welch all 4 are tough as nails petrov had a close match with Todd in the semi's last year and has been under the lights Cambell is all American and was about 30 seconds from a title last year and welch is just tough trying to 1 up his brothers

126 Ayersman v Phillips worth the price alone how many time do we get to see a 2x champ and a 3rd wrestle a 2x champ and a 3rd

132 McKinley v molloy a battle of 2 guys who could have been named OW at state last year

152 the top 5 guys are all right there for a title it is a sick weight maybe a darkhorse comes out of nowhere and takes it

160 Harvey Johnson steveson the super freshman whose only loss is to the best kid in the state. But can he take down 2 seniors with alot of experience in Indy

Just for a few I really excited

152 the top 5 guys are all right there for a title it is a sick weight maybe a darkhorse comes out of nowhere and takes it

Is Isaiah Bradley considered a dark horse? Because has crossed my mind as state champion here. Undefeated and placed 5th at the weight class with the toughest top 4 last year.

Yes pretty much between boston and micic but there could be some people that could give them runs like jacob brown tommy cash or even preston mantel

mantel will have to  get threw a very good wrestler named jake  (the kid)  cottey

I wouldn't say Bradley is a darkhorse I was thinking maybe someone unranked or a guy outside of the top 10

I don't see anyone outside the top 10 having a realistic shot @ 152. Brown is an extremely good wrestler, ranked #6 and got dismantled by Mullins about 20 seconds into the 2nd period. Add Richey, Rueger and Bradley to the mix, and I can't fathom a longshot making it through that guantlet. Could be an interesting bracket draw at the State finals, considering the NCSS is loaded in this weight and Richey/Rueger coming out of the EVSS.

I don't see anyone outside the top 10 having a realistic shot @ 152. Brown is an extremely good wrestler, ranked #6 and got dismantled by Mullins about 20 seconds into the 2nd period. Add Richey, Rueger and Bradley to the mix, and I can't fathom a longshot making it through that guantlet. Could be an interesting bracket draw at the State finals, considering the NCSS is loaded in this weight and Richey/Rueger coming out of the EVSS.

My $ is on Rueger winning it all at 152.  He is a great kid and a machine on the mat.  I would love to see him do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.