Heart Broke Senior

SpencerHessman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many sets of scales are generally in the weigh-in room?

On Saturday at Mooresville, the story spreading around the crowd was that he missed weight on "both" scales.  By using the word "both", I'm assuming there were two scales.

I was in the weigh in room, there were 2 scales and he missed wieght several times on both

(Several meaning 3 or 4)

I've known Spencer pretty much all of my life through wrestling. He is a great kid and a great leader, he showed that at sectionals still leading his team even though he wasn't able to wrestle. Yes, its ashame he won't be able to continue wrestling this year but he's had a good strong career for Franklin.

The silence on this matter from any referees is deafening

Several officials or ex-officials have made comments on this thread--including me.  There's not much to say.  The situation is clearly very sad, but once he missed his chances to make weight; the officials hands are tied.  I'm sure that if the clowning around took place but Spencer really stepped right on and made it after it was re-calibrated later in the weigh-in, any official would be honest about what happened.  But it's still out of the officials' hands at this point.  Let's see if there's a solution to be had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.