Franklin Co. Sectional

cradlesr4babies

MatCat must be in a mood today.  First the "shouldn't update the rankings until all sectionals are drawn" comment, then the EIAC forfeit thing, and now you have the nerve to work for a living?!?  LOL

FYI, I just looked at the EIAC brackets and South Dearborn was awarded 4 forfeits in the first round, East Central 3, Greensburg had 2, and Batesville had 1.  "Byes" are not the same as forfeits.  Since the final margin of victory was in the 18-20 point range, I don't think it was due to first round forfeits.  Probably more because of only three East Central wrestlers finishing lower than third (two 4's and one 5).

Tomorrow, Connorsville, East Central, and Batesville are awarded one first round forfeit, Milan, South Dearborn, Union County, and Franklin County two, and Lawrenceburg three.  I have never done seedings, so I don't understand the placement of forfeits (common sense tells me that they should be awarded to the best wrestlers in descending order, but obviously that isn't how it is done).  However, the chance of Sectional Champ being decided by forfeits is pretty slim.

Personally, I think that it will be a three team race between Connorsville, Franklin County, and Union County, with East Central having an outside shot.  South Dearborn's only conference champ is a 3 seed (145), and so is one of East Central's (126), so that will hurt both of those schools.

Should make for a very entertaining day of wrestling.

Good luck to all of the boys who have worked so hard this year, as well as the schools and parents who support them!   :)

And Y2, keep up the great work!  We all really appreciate it!  8)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,, HVY is deep, I believe Deilkes is 25-8 and is unseeded.  Alot of good semi final matches expected.  The depth of this sectional compared to the other in the Regional, well hmmm.... guess it will be noticed next weekend.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

The 6th seed finished 2nd at Connersville Classic and has all kind of bad luck this year with skin funk, shoulder injury, and currently sick, just hope he as recovered by tomorrow.

Since you decided to take a jab at me, yes they are easy to put up on the site, REALLY easy when they are sent to me in htm or pdf format.  Any other format takes time as I do not have my tools to make the brackets with me at all times and I also work a full time job.  Unless you want to pay me to do the website full-time you will have to wait a little bit for the brackets to be posted. 

Coach, I, by all means, DID NOT mean to offend you.  I truly appreciate ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HAVE DONE... I was just asking if I filling in my hand made bracket in the order you put them in.  I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.  YOU RELIEVED A LOT OF STRESS FOR US TODAY. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

I understand that it took a while to get the brackets uploaded.  I am sorry for offending anyone.  I truly did NOT mean to.

Finals

106  condo  vs  oyler

113  hill  vs  reed  i think

120  apsley  vs  westerfield

126 phillips  vs  gettinger

132  frasur  vs  fuller

138  mccoy  vs  manning

145  house  vs  feller

152  steele  vs  wilger

160  hedger  vs  shaw

170  amberger  vs  prather  i think

182  hutchinson  vs  bolos

195  hawkins  vs  black

220  lindeman  vs  marvel  i think

Hvy  brown  vs  swango

Championship matches

106: Condo FC vs Tyler LB

113: Hill LB vs Reed OB

120: Apsley FC vs Westerfield B

126: Phillips UC vs Gettinger C

132: Crashed C vs Fuller UC

138: McCoy FC vs Manning SD

145: House C vs Feller FC

152: Steele C vs Wilger SD

160: Hedger LB vs Shaw SD

170: Amberger B vs Leather MI

182: Hutchinson EC vs Bolos C

195: Hawkins MI vs Black GB

220: Lindemann MI vs Widmer FC

285: Brown EC vs Swango GB

You are correct CONNERSVILLE is the 2012 Sectional & Connersville hadn't won a WRESTLING SECTIONAL championship since 1985!!!  Great job CHS WRESTLERS!!!

I left before they announced but I'm pretty sure Connersville won but don't quote me on that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.