GIANT Super 16

HighC

Some ranked wrestlers going at it today at Ben Davis. 106 Whitten, 113 Perez, 126 Caldwell-Valdez, 132 Moss, 145 Tatom and Davenport 152 Richey, 160 Neigbarger, Lough and  Clough 170 Irick and HWT Janney.

Some really good match up possibilities at the end of the day with 145 and 160.  Tatom and Davenport should be a good one at 145.  160 is a grinder with three ranked wrestlers going at it, #3 Neibarger and #5 Lough being the highlighted match of the day.

There is plenty of other good competition and match ups at BD today, it should be a good day of wrestling.

I look for this tourney to come down to HSE and THS with FC trailing close. Look for Bolin at 45, SQ Moore @ 52, and Mitchell at 70, should give Irick a tough one.

Hmm...maybe you don't follow all these teams.

HSE should win going away.  South Adams is the favorite for second with Ben Davis and TH South potential challengers for runner-up.  FC is having a good couple of seasons, but I'd guess they'll be in the 5-6 range with this solid field.    

Trackwrestling is wrong.  not the first time

The score was 3-3 going into the 3rd.  Sawyer got a takedown with back point.  Chastain got an escape

later in the 3rd.  Final score 8-4

Sayer was in control the whole match with Whiten.  He looked very good today.

Hmm...maybe you don't follow all these teams.

HSE should win going away.  South Adams is the favorite for second with Ben Davis and TH South potential challengers for runner-up.  FC is having a good couple of seasons, but I'd guess they'll be in the 5-6 range with this solid field.    

Nice job, Fountain Central, in getting 3rd.  I really thought they would be with Boonville in 5/6 range.  Big day considering some of their other performances so far this year.  I'm really surprised South Adams wasn't stronger in this tournament. 

Ben Davis did a great job running this tourney. They have some of the best officials in the state.  If you are looking for a great day of wrestling this is good tourney to get into.  The individual medals they gave out were first class along with OW awards. 

I 100% echo Coach Gastineau's statements!  The format of the tournament was great. (Every wrestler gets 5 matches) Also, there were several state level officials there, fantastic officiating! Awesome experience.

Who won the  Outstanding wrestler award?

Quincy Richey won the Outstanding Wrestling Award

Nice job, Fountain Central, in getting 3rd.  I really thought they would be with Boonville in 5/6 range.  Big day considering some of their other performances so far this year.  I'm really surprised South Adams wasn't stronger in this tournament. 

S.A. actually had 2 of their varsity regulars out of the lineup, but I'm not sure if that would have caught us up with FC.  They looked very strong, great day for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.