Evansville Harrison 10-way

Jon H

Interesting matchups? I know a few of the weight classes for trinity and union. Could be changed though by now.

Potential Union Lineup

106: Robbie Dezember (son of former Mater Dei wrestler Bobby Dezember)

113: Trae Blackwell (3rd @ state @ 103)

120: Brock Ervin??(Hasn't wrestled since super32, 2x undefeated KY State champ, just a soph)

or 120: Jeffrey Wurth (7rh @ state last year?)

126:Wurth/ Justin Whitaker

132: Jayce Carr (130 state champ last year)

138: Chad Gahafer (5th @ 125 last year)

145: ?? maybe Gabe Ervin

152: Jake Risinger

160: Spencer Hullet

170: Beau Sheffer

182: ??

195: ??

220: Reshawd Wilkins

285: Raynel Brown

Trinity:

106: Danton Rice

113:Stephen MAtheny

120:Jacob Miles

126: Ian Kahl (State placer)

132:Cody Webb

138 John Fahy (Committed to Illinois, 3x state champ)

145: ???

152: Brent Hitchings (Ranked 1st in state, state runner up?)

160: Nick Sarkis

170:Trevor Fultz

182:Bobby Bryant (State placer)

195: Jordan Miller

220: Brendan Darrow (state placer, Ranked 2nd in state)

HVY: ???

Trinity ranked 4th in state as a team, Union ranked 2nd as a team (defending state team champions)

Updates?

Just a few from what I seen. Mastison beat Davis at 113 in OT in a very tight match. VanHook pinned Wedding first period. Johns lost to Memorial's 119 by 2. Reitz went undefeated the first day. Memorial's team looked very good. They were good on their feet. Not much but some highlights from the night. Also, Ervin has a damaged meniscus coming into tonight and won't be wrestling Vanhook or Wedding, from what I hear in the stands.

Union went 4-0 with victories over forest park, Louisville Trinity, south Spencer, and southridge. Ervin has been out with the meniscus injury since super32. Figured he be wrestling at 120 and not 126 where.Logan is. How'd memorial look? I always like to keep up with them since my roommates wrestled there a few years ago. Reffing a different tournament tomorrow so it will be the first time Im missing Harrison in 10 years. Keep us updated!

Reitz beat Trinity 60-18 and looked much better than Yesterday. They  have some injurys in the heavy weights so Coach Ferguson has plugged in some Reserves to fill spots. I think they were a little shell shocked yesterday but are feeling more comfortable today. The Vanhook/Wedding match was an eye opener yesterday with Vanhook getting the pin in around :30 seconds. Moody has gone beast mode with 5 pins and only one made it out of the 1st period. The same can be said for Schnarr at 220 with 5 pins in 5 matches.

How did Vanhook pin Wedding!? did he throw a headlock or something. I knew it would be a tough match but didn't see a pin happening!

Got in on a single, wedding had a good sprawl but Vanhook lifted through it, picked him up and set him on the mat then hit the cradle almost right when they hit the ground. He came out like a beast that match.

Curious about the 170 lb for Forest Park? I seen him @ an Tournament earlier an he look solid and breezed thru the competition! Wonder if he held his own this weekend (Casey Abell)  I believe! Thanks

The previous post was about the 170 weight class. Aaron King was at 170 for Reitz and he pinned all 9 other wrestlers in that weight class. Only 1 made it to the 2nd period and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Forest Park  young man. He could very easily been the most outstanding wrestler there had Vanhook not pinned Wedding the way he did at 126!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.