December 4th Coaches Association Meeting

Jake Riesen

Who all will be attending the vital meeting this Sunday?  This maybe the last chance to get a classed team state. Lets make this a huge crowd and let our voices finally be heard.  Bobby Cox wouldn't listen and I for one will be damned if our own coaches association won't.   Name School Coach.

This Sunday's IHSWCA December meeting will be held at Shallo's Restaurant/Pub in Greenwood (roughly the intersection of HWY 31 and County Line Rd).

The IHSWCA officers met in Columbus last Friday afternoon in preparing for our December meeting.  We did spend quite a bit of time discussing the Hall of Fame Classic event.  The coaches' association certainly does want to meet the needs of our membership.  We have had quite a bit of feedback from schools of various sizes around the state.  I would reiterate that my biggest dilemma with our first draft for a Team State Duals was putting schools around the state in scheduling conflicts.  After much discussion last Friday, we really feel like we can host a Hall of Fame Classic in a competitive (championship) format.  I have not had time to read through all of the posts regarding this matter on this site, but I believe our proposed format will look similar to some of the suggestions that have been posted.

1.  Will be a one day event during the holiday break.

2. Teams/Schools will apply to be a part of the event.

3.  Three classed event. (most likely 6 teams/class to start out with)

4.  A fan friendly event (i.e. - don't try to cram 16 hours of wrestling into one day)

5.  Teams will most likely get 3 or 4 duals at this event depending on how they finish in their pool.

6.  Hosted in the central Indiana area in a facility that could put down 9 mats.

7.  Attempt to make sure all four semi-states are represented (as long as teams apply from all four areas)

There certainly is some work left to do in getting this event off the ground in a successful manner.  If anyone has any specific questions or suggestions, feel free to give me a call ---  (cell: 765-282-9136)

Thank you,

Trent McCormick

IHSWCA President

Yes, the meeting is at 3:00pm at Shallo's restaurant.

I apologize for changing meeting sites, but the last place we met wasn't a conducive atmosphere for a productive meeting.  I have never been to Shallo's, but they have reserved the upstairs room for us which she said seats around 22 people.

Trent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.