Rankings Updated

Y2CJ41

Alex Griffin (#12) beat Ronnie Bogle (#10) at 145 at the Chesterton Duals. I don't have the luxury of being around top ten guys very often, but my guess is they didn't get there by backing up and off the mat as Ronnie Bogle did the entire match.

Do u know the score? Did Griffin wrestle Katsaforas

How do you rank a freshmen that high at a very tough 170? Above proven an very good juniors an seniors?

The kid is tough so it becomes a judgement call on how tough do you think he is on the 2nd set of rankings. So i think he will do very well and put him very high. the Kid has won on every level. I assume he will do well on this level also but time will tell.

What about Alex Griffin beat Bogle needed to be cleared up? Is Katsafaros the measuring stick for 145?

Nope but when I add the results I needed to know I saw Boble was 4-1 and Katsaforas was 4-1 so if Griffin was 4-1 you would have 3 guys who all beat each other it just makes it tough I would say the measuring stick at 45 is tsirtsis.

I hope after this weekend that we see an updated rankings I see alot of wrestlers ranked in wieghts they have not wrestled Moloy 138, Pailla 138 just to name two I know there are more. I feel the if you wrestle the wieght you get ranked. I know at te beginning its tough and I feel you have done a great job but until they wrestle the wieght they should not get a rank.

I hope after this weekend that we see an updated rankings I see alot of wrestlers ranked in wieghts they have not wrestled Moloy 138, Pailla 138 just to name two I know there are more. I feel the if you wrestle the wieght you get ranked. I know at te beginning its tough and I feel you have done a great job but until they wrestle the wieght they should not get a rank.

There's no way to set a "rule" like this.  Jackson's been wrestling 145 for Yorktown.  He wrestled the Super 32 at 132 pounds a few weeks ago.  He's ranked nationally at 132 and has said publicly that he's going 138 for the high school season.  So we rank him at 145 just because he's be wrestling up for team strategy's sake?  That's just too rigid.  The Rankings Guy does his research and has guys ranked where he's been told people are wrestling (not where they might be early on for weight loss and team purposes).  It always comes into focus in a few weeks.  Molloy will be at 138--don't worry. 

The Rankings Guy will ALWAYS rank kids at their projected sectional weights. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.