145--Wyatt Union City

152--Winchester Delk

160--Union City Walters

170--Centerville Vancamp

182--union City Antunoghe/centerville Robbinson

195--Union Co Grimes/Centerville Caldron

220--Centerville Babcock

HWT--Union Co Deilkes

BB official must know that Handley dropped to 138. I just saw this morning on the ECIC brackets that this is the case. I still cant hardly find anything on Tri or Hagerstown so when I hear or see more I will adjust again. Updating my predictions and putting names...

106 Isaacs (Lincoln), Garringer (Winchester), McClurg (Union County)

113 Shook (Hagerstown), Terriquez (Union City), Jenkinson (Centerville)

120 Rascon (Winchester), Gregory (Union County), Blommel (Union City)

126 Phillips (Union County), Cox (Winchester), Tipton (Centerville)

132 Fuller (Union County), Milliron (Centerville), Terriquez (Union City)

138 Handley (Northeastern), Killion (Centerville), Hartman (Union County)

145 Wyatt (Union City), Hershberger (Winchester), Green (Centerville)

152 Finney (Northeastern), Delk (Winchester), Glisson (Centerville)

160 Walters (Union City), Krom (Union County), Richey (Centerville)

170 VanCamp (Centerville), Gough (Winchester), Matthews (Union County)

182 Antonoglou (Union City), Robinson (Centerville), Hangen (Winchester)

195 Grimes(Union County), Calderon (Centerville), Mayfield (Winchester)

220 Babcock (Centerville), Besecker (Union City), Crigler (Northeastern)

HWT Delkes (Union County), Doddridge (Lincoln), Williams (Winchester)

• 2 weeks later...

changing it up some after looking at weight classes these guys were in at the spartan classic, ECIC and other meets.

106 Isaacs (Lincoln), Garringer (Winchester), McClurg (Union County)

113 Shook (Hagerstown), Terriquez (Union City), Jenkinson (Centerville)

120 Tipton (Centerville), Rascon (Winchester), Gregory (Union County)

126 Phillips (Union County), Cox (Winchester),

132 Fuller (Union County), Milliron (Centerville), Terriquez (Union City)

138 Handley (Northeastern), Killion (Centerville), Hartman (Union County)

145 Wyatt (Union City), Stansberry (Union County), Richey (Centerville)

152 Finney (Northeastern), Delk (Winchester), Glisson (Centerville)

160 Walters (Union City), Krom (Union County),

170 VanCamp (Centerville), Grough (Winchester), Matthews (Union County)

182 Antonoglou (Union City), Robinson (Centerville), Hangen (Winchester)

195 Grimes(Union County), Williams (Tri), Calderon (Centerville)

220 Babcock (Centerville), Crigler (Northeastern), Mayfield (Winchester)

HWT Delkes (Union County), Doddridge (Lincoln), Williams (Winchester)

What day and time does the TEC start?

Hows come it seems as though all Conference teams do not wrestle each other?  Are some scared? 

The TEC is on the 21st at Centerville....I'm not sure about start time...I would guess 9:00. As far as teams not wrestling each other I wouldn't say its because they are scared...there is just much better competition that some of the TEC schools look for...it doesn't make much difference if they wrestle each other during the season except for seeding purposes since the TEC Champ is decided on the individual tournament ans not the dual season.

How bout individual results.

145 Wyatt pin over Richey 6-0

152 Anguiano over Jordan 12-0

160 Walters over VanCamp 18-0

170 Burk over Philbeck 24-0

182 Antonoglou over Robinson 30-0

195 Bocanegra over Calderon 33-0

220 Besecker FFT 39-0

285 Henry FFT 45-0

106 VanCamp over Harris 45-6

113 Terriquiz over Jenkinson 48-6

120 Tipton over Shamer 48-12

126 Tomforde FFT 48-18

132 Terriquiez over Million 51-18

138 Killion over Ring 51-21

Former Wrestler,

It does matter.  You just pointed it out, SEEDING MEETING.

When teams like H'Town, Lincoln don't wrestle all TEC teams, then that throws off the seeds.  A kid from Union City could be 18 and 3.   A kid from Lincoln could be 19-3.   But Union city has wrestled tougher competition and is a better wrestler.  But Lincoln get the higher seed because, they never wrestled common opponent, or if they did they both won.  They never wrestled each other.  And then it comes down to win percentage and Lincoln gets the nod.  

That is why it matters!

I understand the purpose of seeding, but I'm not sure why it is made such a big deal. If your kid is the better kid then he/she should win no matter of what seed they are. If we are going to make a big deal about it though, there are only three teams in the conference that will suffer at the seeding meeting.  Centerville, North Eastern, and Union County are the three schools that actually wrestle competitive schedules.  There kids will have more losses which in turn will hurt there seeds.

It all comes out on the mat anyway if there is only a win or two difference a 1 seed will not meet a 2 seed until the championship final any way and if you have a good coach he will get you the seed you deserve, you as a wrestler will get better wrestling larger schools with better competition than wrestling the same schools week end after week end going from Lincoln to Tri  to Rushville and so on Union co goes all over they will only see a TEC team maybe twice a season maybe thats why they have a great wrestling program. So good luck to all TEC schools at conference and the best wrestler win as well as the best team

I'm not talking about difference between 1 and 2 seeds.  I'm talking about a 3 or 4 seed.  Or 5th  and 6th seed.  This is where it matters.  My kid may not be able to win the tourney but could beat the 2 seed and finish second.  But because of bad seeding and not a conference schedule where everyone wrestles, my kid not finishes 3rd.  Which in turn hurts that team.  For teams to win conference the number of 2nd and 3rd placers matters just as much as winning it all.

I'm not talking about difference between 1 and 2 seeds.  I'm talking about a 3 or 4 seed.  Or 5th  and 6th seed.   This is where it matters.  My kid may not be able to win the tourney but could beat the 2 seed and finish second.  But because of bad seeding and not a conference schedule where everyone wrestles, my kid not finishes 3rd.  Which in turn hurts that team.  For teams to win conference the number of 2nd and 3rd placers matters just as much as winning it all.

[/quote

allaboutturks,    keep posting your comments cause you make me laugh.      if your son is either  18-3 and the Lincoln wrestler is 19-3 and somehow they dont wrestle and the lincoln kid gets the nod over your son.  You really need to understand that there is actually no difference between the Number one seed and the number two seed.  they are just in opposite brackets.  I may be wrong here but i believe they just seed the Top 4  but  could be wrong.  So with the blind draw with positions 5-8  #1 and #2 seeds really dont matter.    And then to take it a step further  #2 and #3 seeds are not that much different as they are both still in the bottom bracket wrestling blind draw opponents and will meet in the semi's.  So if your son has only 3 losses.  i doubt if he would fall to a #4 seed who would have to wrestle the #1 seed in the semis.   

Also another good chuckle i saw today was when i was reading the Paladium item and saw winchester was in a 8 way at Richmond yesterday and went  5-0.  HA.  It has been posted on this board before how down Winchester is this year and how bad they were beatin by Union County, Union City and i believe Centerville.  And they are in a dual meet event where they can go 5-0. 

and i have read on here where Union County has been in events where they were 1-5  and 0-5 i think. 

So dont worry if your son only has 3 losses.  he will be seeded more than likely #1 or #2.  But what i would be concerned with is someone from Union County that may have  8 losses and upsets your #1 seeded 3 loss kid, like Union Countys 215lber did last year vs winchester.  or there 119 lber seeded second  tech falling winchesters #1 seed.

Cream generally rises to the top and it will,  problem is how many cheap team pts will the wrestler with the good record pick up before the "cream" actually puts him in his place.

Centerville an Union County go at it Thursday, any other TEC teams in action this week?  And when is the seed meeting?  Is it the Monday before the Conference Tourney?

Big Blue learn how to read.  I said I wasn't concerened with a 1 and 2 seed.  It was 3 and 4.  The 4 would wrestle the 1 seed.  Instead of being seeded 3rd and wrestling the 2 seed.  For example, how about wrestling in Cody Phillips' weight class.  The one is his, but I'd rather be seeded 3rd instead of 4th.  This is when the records and wrestling each other would help.  Laugh you all you want, until someone on your team or your kid is screwed over by seeding and how the TEC does it.

And what are you talking so much about Winchester and Union County??  Just fyi, Union County wrestles a much tougher schedule than Winchester.  All I have said is that Union City and Union County would be my favorites.  Not really sure what you are talking about anyways??

Former Wrestler,

It does matter.  You just pointed it out, SEEDING MEETING.

When teams like H'Town, Lincoln don't wrestle all TEC teams, then that throws off the seeds.  A kid from Union City could be 18 and 3.   A kid from Lincoln could be 19-3.   But Union city has wrestled tougher competition and is a better wrestler.  But Lincoln get the higher seed because, they never wrestled common opponent, or if they did they both won.  They never wrestled each other.  And then it comes down to win percentage and Lincoln gets the nod.  

That is why it matters!

Well if the TEC teams want to wrestle each other then maybe some of the teams need to get better...that's why some schools don't wrestle TEC schools...they want to get better ...it doesn't so them any good to wrestle some of the conference teams who only have 5-8 wrestlers...if you want to guarantee that you get the best seed then don't lose. The schools that wrestle the better competition will prevail either way.

Big Blue learn how to read.  I said I wasn't concerened with a 1 and 2 seed.  It was 3 and 4.  The 4 would wrestle the 1 seed.  Instead of being seeded 3rd and wrestling the 2 seed.   For example, how about wrestling in Cody Phillips' weight class.  The one is his, but I'd rather be seeded 3rd instead of 4th.  This is when the records and wrestling each other would help.   Laugh you all you want, until someone on your team or your kid is screwed over by seeding and how the TEC does it.

And what are you talking so much about Winchester and Union County??   Just fyi, Union County wrestles a much tougher schedule than Winchester.  All I have said is that Union City and Union County would be my favorites.   Not really sure what you are talking about anyways??

I can read just fine  but your spelling could use some work.     I did say if your son/wrestler has only 3 losses chances of him being seeded 4th are very slim.   But really who does Union City wrestle,  this topic has been addressed before and I understand that you can only wrestle who is in front of you.  But when a contract is up with a certain school plan on changing your schedule.  Many teams have left the ECIC and many will argue this tourney is not what it used to be.  Pick one of the more talked about tourneys to wrestle in over the holidays,  Spartan Classic, Mooresville,  Al Smith something of that nature.  Just as teams like Yorktown has done.   Then common opponent may come into play as well.  You dont have to always wrestle a team one on one but wrestle somebody they do.  (this is not always the answer but it helps.)  Hagerstown, Centerville, Union County, Northeastern, wrestle in the Spartan Classic.  Lincoln, wrestles New Castle, Connersville, Westfield, Columbus East,  Jay County, Milan, the first weekend of the year.   Union County left the Union City five way when Union City refused to send kids out to wrestle phillips his freshman year and go to a dual to wrestle New Castle, South Adams, Alexandria, Fishers, Mason OH instead of  wrestling Monroe Central, Randolph Southern, and Daleville (with no disresct to their programs) were not in the best interest of the program and went to North Central to wrestle Cathedral, Hamilton Southeastern, Westfield, and others.  I see where Northeastern is Heading west this weekend to wrestle  Roncalli, Ben Davis, Warren Central and one other.  So Schedules can be changed,  When was the last time Union City sought tougher competition?  Thats all everyone is saying.    You asked me to talk about Union City  so i am.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.