Congratulations Jose Champagne, Super 32 MS Champion

rr456

Jose absolutely dominated his bracket in North Carolina, tech falling or pinning his way through it.  Although he faced tough competition, he was not even scored on.  He is a hard working young man, very deserving of his success.   This kid has a bright future!

These guys are no doubt great wrestlers, but were'nt they 8th graders last year?

That is true. Looking at the Mville SS rankings I have no doubt Jose would have been in the top 3-4 in the rankings at 126#, maybe even higher. The kid is such a hard worker and tough competitor! Congrats to Jose on a solid tournament victory.

It amazes me that someone congratulates a kid on a fantastic tournament victory and others take that opportunity to take cheap shots at people.  Jose will be a 1st year cadet this year.  Some of those people questioning our decision have children that will be the same age when they are 8th graders.  The same age that most of his competition will be this year.  Jose was not held back for athletic reasons.  Our goal was to ensure Jose's academic success...Period!!!  People should do some research on my son and his history before they assume that it was for athletic reasons.  The only reason we considered sending Jose to high school this year was for wrestling reasons because we felt and his coaches felt he would be able to compete on that level.  We decided against it to ensure his academic success in high school and beyond.  I will be at most tournaments this year if anyone would like to continue this discussion with me in person rather than on a message board. 

Columbian Boys:

People will whine and cry about anything. It is much easier to do that than actually put the work in and become successful. It doesn't take much to sit down and type on a discussion forum; especially when you don't know all the facts involved.

We live in a society of excuses, some use them on a daily basis to make themselves feel better. There are a few on this discussion forum that can't live without it.

Colombian Boys,

You don't know me, but my son has wrestled Jake Tucker and a hand full of other studs from Indiana.  A few months ago I posted on upcoming national tournaments and who was attending.  Mr. Tucker said that you have an extensive list of great tournaments that you attend.  Just wondering if you can post some of those.  I am looking to take my son to more national events for better exposure and to get him tougher.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  You can even pm me if you want.  Thanks!

Coach Paul Eckert

Jasper Wrestling Club Travel Team 

Seems like it to me 3 studs held back from the same school the same year did you all plan this out what kind of grades do they get? my sons a 17yr old senior no whining here I could really careless just dont think its right unless there teachers wanted them held back.

They are not wrestling Middle School State...and there grades are not any of your concern nor should they be a topic of this discussion board.  Ask around the wrestling community and those who know can give you background on my son.  I believe you know Brandi Cash and/or Tami Rypel and the can gave you a little more history.  Do your research before you call people out...makes you look kind of foolish!!!

Colombian Boys,

You don't know me, but my son has wrestled Jake Tucker and a hand full of other studs from Indiana.  A few months ago I posted on upcoming national tournaments and who was attending.  Mr. Tucker said that you have an extensive list of great tournaments that you attend.  Just wondering if you can post some of those.  I am looking to take my son to more national events for better exposure and to get him tougher.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  You can even pm me if you want.  Thanks!

Coach Paul Eckert

Jasper Wrestling Club Travel Team 

Coach Eckert,

I will post a list of National tournaments we will be attending this year when I get home tonight.  After I do, if you have any questions about them please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to tell you anything I know.

Thanks,

Tim (Jose's Dad)

Thanks Tim,

You can add them to my earlier post. National Tournaments!  It is still on here as a topic.  I appreciate your help and hope the best for your son! Can't wait to see these boys compete live!  Its always amazing watching good wrestlers compete.  It never gets old!

Paul Eckert

Boo Hoo, here's a tissue sweetie...

Bottomline: Whether a kid is held back in Kindergarten or 8th grade (or anywhere in between), it's their parents who make that decision. Period.

Not their coaches, not posters on a discussion forum, or anyone else.

It makes you look foolish holding kids back for athletics not edication no doubt they wrestle the younger kids good. If they have passing grades they should not be held back period. its called redshirting at the middle school level:l

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.