Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

oldman

Maybe it is just me, but given the amount of crap our kids pick up on the Mat, doesn?t it seem logical to have a towel, or the like, with some sort of disinfectant for the wrestlers (and anyone else entering the Mat) to step on and clean their shoes before stepping on the Mat?

At Tournaments you see way to many people walking on the Mats with their street shoes, but especially after the wrestlers are in the men?s room on the filthy urine covered floors and then return to the Mat?

Just a thought, but this may help.

I welcome to hear others thoughts on this.

Agreed that having street shoes on the mat or walking around on the floor surface with wrestling shoes is probably a major reason for many of the skin disease being on the mat.  May be one of the leading causes of certain issues spreading since you never know how clean the gym floors, hallways, and locker room floors are.

In practice term trying to get kid to wait until they are on the side of the mat to put shoes on and take them off when they leave the mat could help. 

Obviously moping occasionally during multi-duals and tournaments is always a bonus.

Some teams do have a disinfectant pad but the ones sold in wrestling mag are very pricy.  I've seen other teams use the disinfectant whipes on their bodies and shoes before and/or after wrestling. 

The preventative foam creams also seem to help some from what I have gathered before as far as keeping your skin clear of these issue.  But obviously not always fixing the shoe issue.

I know they do make new wrestling shoe covers that you can put on to make the transition so you don't have to keep taking your shoes off between matches.  Price obviously a factor for some people there.

It's made by MonoFoil and is available through BioArmorPro here in Indy.  sales@bioarmorpro.com.

The solution comes in an 8 oz spray bottle so you can either use it to wash your clothes in or spray your equipment. 

They also have antimicrobial wipes that you can use on your headger.

For the mats, wrestling rooms and locker rooms they have to come out and spray the facilities but it lasts for a full year.

It's made by MonoFoil and is available through BioArmorPro here in Indy.  sales@bioarmorpro.com.

The solution comes in an 8 oz spray bottle so you can either use it to wash your clothes in or spray your equipment. 

They also have antimicrobial wipes that you can use on your headger.

For the mats, wrestling rooms and locker rooms they have to come out and spray the facilities but it lasts for a full year.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.