National Tournamnets?

eckert

Just looking to see if any Indiana Middle School Wrestlers are heading to some National Events?  Super 32, Tulsa Nationals, Etc.    I am looking at entering my son in both and hope to see some Indiana kids there.

Coach Eckert

Jasper Wrestling Club Travel Team

Looks like a big tournament.  We may end up going there instead of super 32.  We have a few high schoolers that want to go and they don't have a qualifier.  Thanks!

You do not have to qualify to wrestle at the Super 32, the qualifiers are to gain access to early entry.  The entries will be open for everyone in about a week.

Both the Crary boys will be going.

Just another note.

We go to two events in Illinois that attract top kids from Wis. Mich. Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. They are both in the Chicago land area. The Little Celtic Elite and The Midwest Classic. Both are Elite level events(no age groups, no high schoolers) with excellent competition.

Mike,

Little Celtic is usually in December, just before Xmas. (Last year's was Dec. 19th)

Midwest Classic is 1st or 2nd weekend in January.

The schedule will be out very soon for the IKWF. Go to:     www.ikwf.org and click on "Events" at the top.

I went on line at trackwrestling last night.  Looked at Nick lee, Jake Tucker and few others personal pages they have on wrestlers that have used Trackwrestling for sign ups.  Pretty neat little tool!  Found Dixie Nationals, Liberty Nationals, The Elite and a few other tournaments.  It also showed dates from last year, so I used those and just searched by name. Here is what I found:

Oct 29- USA preseason Nationals-Iowa or Super 32 N.C.; Nov 26  USAW Winter Classic ( still looking for actual date and place); Dec 17 Little Celtic Elite ( Date from last year); Dec 29 Dixie Nationals-Atlanta,GA; Jan 8  Jasper Open-Jasper, IN (Date we are trying to reserve with ISWA); Jan 20-21 Tulsa Nationals- Tulsa, OK; Feb 12 IHSWCA  Middle School State;  Feb 19 Indy Nationals; Feb 25 Liberty Nationals- Kansas City, MO; March 17-18 ISWA Folkstyle State; March 30 Folkstyle Nationals-Iowa; May 5-6 ISWA Freestyle State; May 12 ISWA Greco State and May 18-20 USA Regionals- Michigan

Hope this helps anyone else searching for some great tournaments!

eckert,

Nice! Taking in effect that most tournaments are around the same time each year, that's a good tool as a guide for the upcoming season. I know I saw Mr. Champagne's (Jose and Carlos' Dad) list that he has and it's very long and loaded with many tough tournaments from around the country.

lpdo96 are you Jake Tuckers Dad?  If so how is he doing!  He had one heck of a year last year.  Finished well at Nationals!

Maybe we can get Mr. Champagne List on here.  Just trying to get some good tournaments in and hopefully it will pay off next year when my son is freshman.  We have traditionally just wrestled around Indiana and Illinois.  I want him to get more exposure to National tournaments.  Our local tournaments are great and we will continue to use them, but we would like to see how we compare at a higher level as well.  This will help us set up a better blue print for practice and areas we need to drill more.  My son had the privilege last year to wrestle some of Indiana's best kids around his weight class.  Nick Ellis, Jake Tucker, Crary.  He also learned alot from watching McCormick, Coy, Hughes, Lee, Red and a list of others.  This has helped us for this seasons blue print.  Now we need to see what we have to do to be able to compete with them and others at that next level.

This season should be another successful one for all the kids in Indiana.  Not just with wins, but the opportunity to compete with some of the best kids I have seen in a long time.  Everyones commitment really showed last year!  Tournaments ran smoothly and we got to see some awesome matches all year!  Keep up the great work Indiana!

Eckert -

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated! We will look forward to meeting in the future(not sure who you are from the board. Coach Tucker and Hughs helped us allot when we first got into the national game several years back. They are great resources! It's always cool to have team mates on the road. They have actually coached one or the other of my boys when I have match conflicts at national events.

eckert,

Yes, I am Jake's father. I will ask Mr. Champagne (a.k.a."Colombian Boys") to put his "list" on here for ya. I know he has attended many tournaments throughout the U.S. and he was thinking of attending 2 tournaments in Colorado, as that is his home state where he grew up so it's convenient for him to go back. He travels more than I do and we travel a lot! haha

Take care.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.