Montgomery vs ruegar

PhearPhelan

This thread is for all the people that had montgomery losing to ruegar just wanted to say do better research and dont ever underestimate and definitly never talk smack it will always get you in the end . By the way montgomery manhandled ruegar 9 to 2 in finals nice job pj . It wasnt even close

pj had never let anyone score points on him till yesterday all opponents point throughout year was by him letting them up .

Yeah he had him almost pinned at one point and then all other points were all reversals . Boyd match at regionals was probably closest went ot.

Tsirtsis vs. Montgomery could be interesting then.  Tsirtsis is a small 140, probably could have went 135 I even think he weighed in at 135 during the year.  One of tsirtsis few losses this year at super 32 came to Wildmo from Michigan who was much bigger than Jason.  He really had a hard time scoring in that match.  Look forward to the match next week. 

Who did boyd lose to yesterday Rueger or Montgomery in the semi's?  Was it close?

Tsirtsis vs. Montgomery could be interesting then.  Tsirtsis is a small 140, probably could have went 135 I even think he weighed in at 135 during the year.  One of tsirtsis few losses this year at super 32 came to Wildmo from Michigan who was much bigger than Jason.  He really had a hard time scoring in that match.  Look forward to the match next week. 

Who did boyd lose to yesterday Rueger or Montgomery in the semi's?  Was it close?

Rueger dec. Boyd 3-0 in the Semi-Finals

It was sectionals all theses matches are starting to run into each other .  Boyd lost to ruegar . Anyone can be beat at any givin time thats the way i look at it. Tsirtis is a very technical wrestler from what ive seen it would be a good match and definently not a lock,

Rueger is no joke, he is a tough wrestler, and should not be underestimated, he will learn from this loss and move on.  That being said, Montgomery was on fire.  Those legs of his give him such a solid base, and I think he and Tsirtsis would be one heck of a match.  And from what I heard from people on the floor, he was a super great kid.  You always like to hear that.  Good luck to him next week-end, it was a joy to watch him wrestle.

Lets just hope they are on the opposite side of the bracket and it is under the lights.  I remember everybody saying last year the Mullins would beat Tsirtsis.  Tsirtsis won 8-0.    Remember Tsirtsis is 1 or 2 in the country in most polls.  Saying that I think this match will be close like Tsirtsis and Jackson last year.  I did not think Tsirtsis would get challenged this year at 140, but have changed my mind and think this will be a good match.

Looking forward to Friday night. It will be fun watching PJ, Tsali, and David Knight advance to Saturday. And then we get to come back Saturday to see PJ wrestling under the lights. Hopefully Tsali and David will get a shot there too. Good luck to all. It's been a great year.

I think you mean sectionals.  Boyd blocked off the entire match at sectionals and it went to OT 1-1 I think.  At the regional, Montgomery took him down a couple of times.

It was 4-3 in 2OT at sectionals (3-3 after regulation, 1OT) and 7-3 in regionals. PJ had the only stall call of the match at sectionals so I don't agree with the "blocked off the entire match" quote. BTW Spencer had a takedown in each match. SO to say PJ had not been scored on is not accurate.

That said PJ is the real deal and I see him in the final!

accurate.  only points spencer scored were escapes. there were no reversals or take down at either match dont remember stalling but your probablly right .  spencer is a good wrestler he will be in the top 8 for sure good luck!

I think spencer is a great wrestler and I will be pulling for him in the state finals but in the two matches against pj , spencer never had a take down, he had 3 escape points and pj had a reversal and a escape and that is how it eneded and went to ot in sectionals. pj won it in over time. At bloomington the only points spencer got were escape points and the score was 7  to 3.

I think spencer is a great wrestler and I will be pulling for him in the state finals but in the two matches against pj , spencer never had a take down, he had 3 escape points and pj had a reversal and a escape and that is how it eneded and went to ot in sectionals. pj won it in over time. At bloomington the only points spencer got were escape points and the score was 7  to 3.

I did not watch the match again yet, I will tonight but.....how does a wrestler score 3 escapes when his opponent does not have a takedown. In the Sectional meeting the score was 3-3 in regulation and after the 1st OT. Could not have been 3 escapes. From my memory, (which is suspect), Spencer had a takedown and escape, PJ had a Reversal and escape. PJ held Spencer in the second OT and Escaped in the second :30 period.

Like I said PJ is ther real deal and I think could go all the way to the finals....and maybe even take the gold!

I have Boyd beating Van Horn and maybe even Rattay for he could very well lose first round to Van Horn.

PJ is going to have a 2nd round showdown with wartman.

My predictions

2nd place  PJ

7th place Boyd

I have to say the top half of 140 is stacked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.