103- Marciano pins Peek                    19-6 Munster

112- Medina Mdec Duque                 23-6 Munster

119- Cooper Mdec Shane                   26-6 Munster

125- Torres Pin Slosser                      26-12 Munster

USC - 1 team point (Portage)           26-11 Munster

130- Spence Pin Briette                    26-17 Munster

135- Acuna Pin Flores                      26-23 Munster

140- Thorn dec. Nauracy                26-26 Tied

145- Henderson dec. Wilson 3-2      29-26 Munster       (Takedown with 8 seconds left)

152- Smith dec. A. Espinosa 8-6     32-26 Munster      (Smith Escape, Takedown with 10 seconds left to force OT. Smith gets td 10 secs. in OT)

-1 team point USC (Portage)

32-25 Munster Wins.      

Ill try to keep the CP-Mville score updated.

160- Shurg dec. Deluna                  3-0 CP

171- Shrewsbury Mdec Norman  7-0 CP

189- Berry Pin Langbhen              7-6 CP

215- Kral Mdec Nickson                  11-6 CP

285- Swope dec Acosta                   14-6 CP

103- Fuqua dec Garza                     17-6 CP

112- Saroff Mdec Costakis              21-6 CP

119- Garcia dec Burlison                21-9 CP

125-Harvey dec Jacobs                   24-9 CP

125- Jacobs (MV) -1 team point USC 24-8 CP

130-Halsted dec Padilla                    27-8

135-Fuqua pin Jara                            33-8

140- Tsirtsis vs. Acosta                     39-8

145- Roach Mdec Avalos                   43-8

152- Flamme dec Sandefer             46-8 CP

Crown Point wins 46-8

Congratulations to the Crown Point Bulldogs.  Hope they represent "Da Region" well down state. 

Also a congratulations to the other teams in the Portage Regional.  Nice dual between Munster-Portage coming down to last match.  Glad it did not come down to the criteria and was won on the mat.  Nice to see Munster win one and move on to Finals.  I thought they did a nice job even though it was inevitable what the outcome was gonna be in that dual.  I am sure Dave will have Merrillville reloaded and back in the mix again next year.  Portage I thought did a nice job coming back after getting down early and had some big wins and bonus points by their wrestlers. 

Oh and by the way.......Looks like CP's coach needs to actually go out into the circle and blast double someone before anything is called on him.  I thought he was out of line for a brief moment there, besides that I thought he kept his cool.

Why is it ever other coach can throw fits, yell and scream at refs, and no one ever says a word, but when Scott Vlink shows any emotion or gets upset - everyone jumps all over him?

Thats what the kids in my class say when I am correcting them

Why is it ever other coach can throw fits, yell and scream at refs, and no one ever says a word, but when Scott Vlink shows any emotion or gets upset - everyone jumps all over him?

I will attempt to anwer the quesion you pose in your post.

I don't have a problem with ANY coach throwing a fit, just would like to see Officials control coaches a bit better.  You will see most coaches throw a fit at some point in a dual.  You will see most coaches yell and scream at a ref during the course of a dual.  What you will not see most coaches do during the course of a dual is run three quarters of the mat to the spot were a line call was just made (one I might add was eventually made in their favor).  I take nothing away from Coach Vlink, I think he has done an great job over the course of his tenure at Crown Point.  We all know that he can get a bit emotional at times during the course of a dual or tournament.  At times I feel he crosses the line and he is not called on it.  Answering your question as to why everyone seems to jump on him when this happens is because these emotions have happened on more than one occasion.

I will attempt to anwer the quesion you pose in your post.

I don't have a problem with ANY coach throwing a fit, just would like to see Officials control coaches a bit better.  You will see most coaches throw a fit at some point in a dual.  You will see most coaches yell and scream at a ref during the course of a dual.  What you will not see most coaches do during the course of a dual is run three quarters of the mat to the spot were a line call was just made (one I might add was eventually made in their favor).  I take nothing away from Coach Vlink, I think he has done an great job over the course of his tenure at Crown Point.  We all know that he can get a bit emotional at times during the course of a dual or tournament.  At times I feel he crosses the line and he is not called on it.  Answering your question as to why everyone seems to jump on him when this happens is because these emotions have happened on more than one occasion.

So by running 3/4 of  the mat to the spot of the line call and getting the call reversed to benefit Crown Point , gee what was he thinking .

So by running 3/4 of  the mat to the spot of the line call and getting the call reversed to benefit Crown Point , gee what was he thinking .

There is nothing wrong with standing up for your wrestlers to get the benefit of the call.  There is a proper way this is done.  That was the point I was attempting to make. 

Can someone explain the circumstances leading to Portage losing 2 team points against Munster for those that weren't there?

I only seen 1 taken away, @ 125.  Portage kid pinned Munster kid.  As they were getting up Portage kid gave Munster kid little shove of the head getting him off, not sure if that was what the call was made regarding.  Then again as they were walking back to center.  If another was taken may have been for the conduct of 152lber after losing his match.  Looked to me like the cocahing staff from Portage took care of both situations accordingly.

I would love to know what other coach throws a fit? I am all for getting calls for your kids but buzz the table. Running to the other side of the mat and yelling at another coach is uncalled for. Best of luck the rest of the way and I hope CP brings home the title.

Running 3/4 of the mat to question a call wasn't the proper way to get a call. That was a violation of the bench decorum and is unsportsmanlike conduct which should have been a team point. He should have went to the table to have the official ask his assistant for an opinion on the call. The end result would have been the same without all the controversy and the back and forth between the two benches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.