Mishawka sectional final-215

Gallegos-215

I wanted to take a moment to apologize to Devin Reagan, His mother and the Penn wrestlers.  What I did in our match was uncalled for and by no means was I trying to Hurt or try any "cheap" shots. Good luck at team state, I wish you all well!  I am looking forward to regionals, and I hope your shoulder is good!  Once again my apologies.

Joe, you are a class act and role model for your teammates.. I have heard nothing but praise when you are brought up in conversation.. I looked forward to you and devin in the finals at regionals.. good luck.

Thanks bigworm I'm looking forward to it my self! 

I wanted to take a moment to apologize to Devin Reagan, His mother and the Penn wrestlers.  What I did in our match was uncalled for and by no means was I trying to Hurt or try any "cheap" shots. Good luck at team state, I wish you all well!  I am looking forward to regionals, and I hope your shoulder is good!  Once again my apologies.

Joe, 

While you can't take back what happened in the match the way you have handled it since then is very commendable.

I think your comment on here shows a level of maturity your coach and team should be very proud of you having!

Hopefully you both will be able to wrestle again at regions.

While this is very nice of you, you don't owe anyone an apology. You were wrestling hard on the line, just like he was. If anything, you are owed an apology. Nobody had the right to get in your face and act like an idiot.

I don't know if you are a parent or not but most parents are extremely protective of their kids. I don't condone a parent yelling at a kid but I can understand why it could happen in a case like this.

This was not action "on the line". It was well past the line. (I taped the event and have already reviewed the tape.)

It was an unfortunate event for all involved.

Joe's comment is a class way of dealing with the issue. Enough said!

There is no reason for a parent to get into a kid's face and yell at them.  That is complete bush league and the parent should be banned from the rest of the state series.  Kids have enough to worry about and having an opposing parent yell at them should not be on the list. 

Under these circumstances I think that would be a poor choice of actions.

If a injury caused by an illegal move or action by another wrestler only costs a wrestler the match in most cases I can't see how this action by a parent being worthy of a ban for the state series.

Under these circumstances I think that would be a poor choice of actions.

If a injury caused by an illegal move or action by another wrestler only costs a wrestler the match in most cases I can't see how this action by a parent being worthy of a ban for the state series.

So you are defending a parent going up to a kid and yelling at them?  Are you serious?

If the kid did something so horrible, let the coaches, referees and administrators do their job and take care of it.  A parent going up a kid and yelling at them will not do any good for either party involved. 

So you are defending a parent going up to a kid and yelling at them?  Are you serious?

If the kid did something so horrible, let the coaches, referees and administrators do their job and take care of it.  A parent going up a kid and yelling at them will not do any good for either party involved.  

Nope, not defending it, understanding how and why it happened under the circumstances.

You are right in that it did not help the matter for anyone involved.

However, your comment of suggested action would be heavy handed to the extreme considering the circumstances IMO.

So you are defending a parent going up to a kid and yelling at them?  Are you serious?

If the kid did something so horrible, let the coaches, referees and administrators do their job and take care of it.  A parent going up a kid and yelling at them will not do any good for either party involved. 

While you're on the subject of how parents should never get in a wrestler's face, what do you think about this?

Nope, not defending it, understanding how and why it happened under the circumstances.

You are right in that it did not help the matter for anyone involved.

However, your comment of suggested action would be heavy handed to the extreme considering the circumstances IMO.

You keep defending the actions of some idiotic parents, there is NEVER any reason for them to do what they did.  People need to be handed stiff punishments for idiotic things like that so they don't do it again.  You don't see parents at football games running across the field and yelling at an opposing player after they hit their kid hard, why is it alright in wrestling? 

Parents need to act like the grown-ups they are SUPPOSED to be. 

You keep defending the actions of some idiotic parents, there is NEVER any reason for them to do what they did.  People need to be handed stiff punishments for idiotic things like that so they don't do it again.  You don't see parents at football games running across the field and yelling at an opposing player after they hit their kid hard, why is it alright in wrestling?  

Parents need to act like the grown-ups they are SUPPOSED to be.  

Again you have ignored what I have said.

Will underlining help?

I do not defend the actions of the parent. But, also as a parent I can understand how a parent could become that emotional under these particular circumstances especially after having watching the event in person and reviewing the tape of the injury.

I can understand and agree that this behavior by a parent is unacceptable. IMO your idea of a suitable punishment far exceeds the circumstances of this event.

A few weeks ago a parent from Indiana team while at a JV event actually threatened a wrestler, several coaches and was overheard trying to gather wrestlers to go after another wrestler off the mat at an event my wife attended. To my knowledge nothing happened to that parent at all. So, yes... I do understand the need to keep parents in line.

As a coach for baseball, football and wrestling far and away it has been my experience that wrestling has the best sportsmanship by far from participants, parents and coaches when compared to the other sports.

There is no reason for a parent to get into a kid's face and yell at them.  That is complete bush league and the parent should be banned from the rest of the state series.  Kids have enough to worry about and having an opposing parent yell at them should not be on the list. 

I would have to agree with Y2 , a parent should never ever get involved in a match . Let the coaches and refs handle the situation . Good luck to both Devin and Joe the rest of the season .You both will make Northern Indiana proud .

while I'm not sure the move was illigal,  I'm  100% postitive that the penn parents are a bunch of disfunctional misfits that are re-living the mediocre jv career through their sons.    I'm sure the parent is not too proud of himself this morning,  but you never know with these idiots.

It is disappointing to see some parents out of control, but even more disturbing to hear a coach belittle another team's wrestler to their face, hear rude comments about liking to see a wrestler injured and to see a "class act" kid look up at the opposing team and mouth the word "bitch" after he won in the finals.  I hope this team and coaches get it together before representing the region next week.

It is disappointing to see some parents out of control, but even more disturbing to hear a coach belittle another team's wrestler to their face, hear rude comments about liking to see a wrestler injured and to see a "class act" kid look up at the opposing team and mouth the word "bitch" after he won in the finals.  I hope this team and coaches get it together before representing the region next week.

when did this happen? 

while I'm not sure the move was illigal,  I'm  100% postitive that the penn parents are a bunch of disfunctional misfits that are re-living the mediocre jv career through their sons.    I'm sure the parent is not too proud of himself this morning,  but you never know with these idiots.

I am honestly shocked to see this kind of comment on here... I have never seen such a personal attack on anyone before...  I have seen a lot of people act in a way they would not be proud of (myself included)... This is a very emotional sport... But to say Penn parents are a bunch of dysfunctional misfits and r re-living there mediocre career through their JV sons and calling them Idiots is a bit much don't u think?

I am honestly shocked to see this kind of comment on here... I have never seen such a personal attack on anyone before...  I have seen a lot of people act in a way they would not be proud of (myself included)... This is a very emotional sport... But to say Penn parents are a bunch of dysfunctional misfits and r re-living there mediocre career through their JV sons and calling them Idiots is a bit much don't u think?

Your right I spelled dysfunctional wrong.  My bad.  And also I said living their (parents) mediocre jv career through their sons.  Next time you reply, get it right.

Your right I spelled dysfunctional wrong.  My bad.  And also I said living their (parents) mediocre jv career through their sons.  Next time you reply, get it right.

Wow I don't think I said anything about your spelling.  But I am glad to see that out of that whole post that is what u got out of it... I am starting to figure out who the IDIOT is....