Hoosier Hills Tournament

backagain

In about 2 weeks the HHC individual tourney begins. It looks like a lot of teams have changed since the duals, so lets hear some predictions.

Team wise, here is what I see:

1/2: Jennings County/Columbus East. This one comes down to which one can field a full team. CE will probably have the most champs but JC will have a lot of placers. I think JC has a slight edge in an individual tournament but it will be very close. Both teams have been impressive this year.

3/4: Jeffersonville/Floyd Central. Jeff is solid with a couple of champs. Not as strong as years past but will do well. FC is the most improved team in the field as they have seen their young wrestlers come around. They will contend for 1st next year but not quite there yet. Slight edge to Jeff for 3rd but I could see FC catching them because we know they peak in January.

5/6/7 Seymour/Madison/New Albany. Young and inexperienced. Huge distance between 4 and 5.

8 BNL.

Individuals?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right on the money.  Jennings County and Columbus East will battle for the HHC crown, then two weeks later be back at it again battling for the Sectional title.  Columbus East finished ninth in the Al Smith while Jennings County has finished 2nd at Jeff Classic behind #3 Mater Dei and 2nd at Mooresville behind #6 Yorktown. Both are very solid, the nod may go to the team with a full roster.

I think you are right on the money.  Jennings County and Columbus East will battle for the HHC crown, then two weeks later be back at it again battling for the Sectional title.  Columbus East finished ninth in the Al Smith while Jennings County has finished 2nd at Jeff Classic behind #3 Mater Dei and 2nd at Mooresville behind #6 Yorktown. Both are very solid, the nod may go to the team with a full roster.

Both teams will have full rosters at conference and sectional.

I think the question is what will CE lineup be for the conference? Are they stronger with Reickers @ 119,125 and 130 or @125, 130, 135?

My predictions for HHC if (Ce bumps 112-135)

103 Fc vs Jc

112 Jeff vs Jc

119 Ce vs Jc

125 Ce vs Jc

130 Ce vs Na

135 Ce vs Jc

140 Ma vs Ce (Schuler)

145 Jeff vs Ce (Stillanger)

152 Jeff vs Jc

160 Jc vs Ce

171 Jc vs Ce

189 Jc vs Na

215 Jc vs Ma

285 Jc vs Ce

I agree that the line-up adjustments will make the difference. I think Columbus East and Jennings will be very tight with Jeff right on their heels. Here are my finals picks.

103: Floyd and Columbus East - Kennedy 1st

112: Jeff and Jennings County - Shepherd 1st

119: Madison and Columbus East - Taylor 1st

125: Columbus East and Jennings County  - Reiker 1st

130: Columbus East and Jennings County - Reiker 1st

135: Columbus East and Jennings County - Reiker 1st

140: Jeff and Columbus East (unless Adams is down then he will be in the finals) - Shuler 1st or Adams 1st if he is here

145: Jeff and Columbus East (unless Adams is here then he will be in the finals with Weekley) - Weekley 1st

152: Jeff and Jennings County or Columbus East (if Adams is here it will be Jeff and Madison) - Browner 1st or Adams 1st if he is here

160: Jeff and Jennings County - Baldwin 1st (but this will be close)

171: Jennings County and Columbus East (if Brierly is at 171) - Wathen 1st (but will be close)

189: this one is kind of open - maybe New Albany and Jennings County but watch out for Curtley of Jeff who is down to 189 - Curtley 1st

215: Jennings County and Jeff - Bass 1st (but will be a good one with Pratt)

285: Jennings County and Columbus East but Dewitt of Jeff could be the spoiler here (he wrestled Collett tough at the Jeff Classic and is improving every week) - Collett 1st

I see Columbus East with 8-9 in the finals and 3-4 champs, Jennings County with 8-9 and 4 champs, Jeff with 6-7 and 4 champs, Madison with 2 and 1-2 champs, Floyd Central with 1 and 1 champ, and New Albany with 1. The difference will come down to where the rest of each team places.

I think the question is what will CE lineup be for the conference? Are they stronger with Reickers @ 119,125 and 130 or @125, 130, 135?

My predictions for HHC if (Ce bumps 112-135)

103 Fc vs Jc

112 Jeff vs Jc

119 Ce vs Jc

125 Ce vs Jc

130 Ce vs Na

135 Ce vs Jc

140 Ma vs Ce (Schuler)

145 Jeff vs Ce (Stillanger)

152 Jeff vs Jc

160 Jc vs Ce

171 Jc vs Ce

189 Jc vs Na

215 Jc vs Ma

285 Jc vs Ce

Oh man, I forgot about Robbie being at 119...I want to change my 119 to

119 Jc vs Ma (sorry I forgot)...I put Jc in here because I think Taylor will be second seed since Holwager beat him and carlile will be 3 seed. But this could change if they have common opponenets cuz Carlile beat Holwager.

Who is Jeffs 160? I watched that kid from Ce and he is a pretty solid wreslter.

I think Carlisle will get the first seed because he beat Holwager and Holwager beat Taylor. So Holwager and Taylor would meet in the semi-finals (depends on seeding criteria though). Jeffs 160 is Marlin. His only loss as HHC duals was to Baldwin by 2.

I think Carlisle will get the first seed because he beat Holwager and Holwager beat Taylor. So Holwager and Taylor would meet in the semi-finals (depends on seeding criteria though). Jeffs 160 is Marlin. His only loss as HHC duals was to Baldwin by 2.

1st criteria is defending champ at same weight.  Doesn't apply here.  Carlile will be #1 seed because head to head is the deciding criteria.  Carlile beat Holwager and Holwager beat Taylor.  Taylor will be #3 seed.

Depends on Marlin's overall winning percentage.  David Johnson will be #2 0r #3 seed.  He placed 6th at the Al Smith.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.