Traicoff Coverage Suggestions and Comments

Y2CJ41

For those that tuned in please tell us how we did.  This was the first time we went with a live stream and was curious how it went.  We are planning on streaming the Bellmont duals if they get internet in Decatur sometime soon :)

If you missed the action, you can relive it here

Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling

First off I would like to thank you for providing the webast.  I was not able to make it to Calumet but I was still able to watch some great wrestling.

I loved the side discussion section.  There was one instance where I could not see the edge action.  I made a comment and then it was promptly fixed. 

The dual score and name of wrestlers in lower corner was nice as well. 

My only area for real improvement may have been the sound quality. 

Overall it was a very good inaugural webcast....GREAT JOB

I agree with AJ regarding having the live video was obviously great compared to not being able to attend.  The audio was below par, it would have been nice to know the individual scores on the bottom of the screen along with the clock as you had the team score posted.  But we  can't be greedy.  This was the first time in 11 years I was unable to attend the tourney.   Even a further step of being greedy, it would have been nice to have multiple cameras and have an option on which dual to watch instead of being limited.  Thanks for all of the hard work providing the video and congrats to the dedicated wrestlers who gave all they had today.

Thanks for the input.  The audio is probably our highest priority right now. 

As for the multiple cameras we will look into that, but as of right now there are a few concerns.  First and foremost I am not sure how it would look as streaming two videos to the same internet connection could make both VERY slow. Obviously we would like to have two good streams, but I would also rather have one good one than two poor ones. Also multiple cameras mean another laptop and camera and adapters.  Right now our funds are about to be depleted due to paying for next year's server.  We are going to look to get some sponsors for the Bellmont duals however to offset the cost. 

The graphics are something that we will look into also.  We were not in good position to see Mat #1 today so it was tough keeping up on the scores there. 

Thanks again for the input it is greatly appreciated and we plan on having a better show the next time.

I would just like to say good job to the wrestlers that actually wrestled Knura instead of him just receiving a forfeit! Its the beginning of the year and the kids need matches not forfeits!

Yeah I did not understand that myself, I noticed a freshman (Bernard) that was ranked in the pre season poll chose to wrestle Knura along with #12Seaman and one other team, but another currently ranked wrestler forfeited to him (was it to protect his record?). While another team that clearly had a couple of different kids they could have sent out to wrestle him chose to also forfeit to him! Whats the point of going to a tourney of this caliber if your going to dodge the top dogs? I'd understand a little if you were going to see him numerous times throughout the year(maybe), but knowing your only other chance is at state is clearly sending the message to Knura "we hope to get lucky the only time we see you". Not calling out any kids cause I'm sure it wasn't their call, but would love to be enlightened to how this benifits your kid in his weight.

Big Hawaiin:  I know you are talking about Crown Point forfeiting to Knura.  Believe me

you wee right it was not the kid (Kral's) call.  He definately wanted to wrestle Knura.  When he pinned

the Heavyweight he threw his headgear in the corner of CP's contingent, he was so upset with the decision.

Big Hawaiin:  I know you are talking about Crown Point forfeiting to Knura.  Believe me

you wee right it was not the kid (Kral's) call.  He definately wanted to wrestle Knura.  When he pinned

the Heavyweight he threw his headgear in the corner of CP's contingent, he was so upset with the decision.

I would just like to say good job to the wrestlers that actually wrestled Knura instead of him just receiving a forfeit! Its the beginning of the year and the kids need matches not forfeits!

Just asking whats the thought behind not wrestling that match just wondering? Obviously the Franklin coach was wondering also!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.