Mater Dei 5-way

wrestlingguy

Tomorrow should be a good day of wrestling with Mater Dei, Bloomington South, Castle, Jeffersonville, Jasper, and Greencastle. 

Sounds like Mater Dei is the real deal this year.  They'll probably walk through these teams tomorrow with Bloomington South, Castle, and Jeff fighting it out for 2nd place.  Should be some great individual match ups though including Welch vs. Sims (Part 20ish)

What's everyone else think?

While Castle does have some very strong individuals, their lineup has quite a few holes...especially in the upper weights.  They have quality wrestlers at 103, 119, 130, 140, 152, 160, and 171.  These will be the matches that Castle needs to win, and probably score bonus points.  I think you will see MD getting a lot of pins in the other weight classes.  I don't think it will be as close as it has been in years past.  MD 42 CA 15 .

If MD doesn't win the match with Castle by at least 35-40, MD will lose to Castle at the Dual team SS again this year.  The past 2 years MD has beaten Castle at this event by 17-20 points then lost to them in the dual team tournament.  Castle seems to improve throughout the season while MD hasn't.

wrestlingguy:  "Welch vs. Sims (Part 20ish)".  It looks like Sims bumped up two weights to try his luck against the other Welch twin.  A new saga begins?

I believe that John wrestled Chad early in the season last year before moving down to wrestle Doug the rest of the season.  I wonder if the same will happen this year.  Will Sims wrestle one Welch at 160 and then move down to 152 to wrestle the other??  They've always been good matches!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.