the movie Takedown....

sneaker

dusted off some old vhs tapes and found takedown and settled down to watch it. i hadnt seen it since it came out . the main point here is that if you really watch some of the wrestling they are doing things like switches and reswitches, hip heists, standing up a few laterals a jap or two some legs, basic halves and cradles and just some good old fashioned basic wrestling. i believe this would be a good movie for young wrestlers to watch just because they keep up a flow of wrestling. on a side note has anyone ever noticed the kid that wrestled the star in the movie looks like a young tommy morrison former world heavyweight contender?

dusted off some old vhs tapes and found takedown and settled down to watch it. i hadnt seen it since it came out . the main point here is that if you really watch some of the wrestling they are doing things like switches and reswitches, hip heists, standing up a few laterals a jap or two some legs, basic halves and cradles and just some good old fashioned basic wrestling. i believe this would be a good movie for young wrestlers to watch just because they keep up a flow of wrestling. on a side note has anyone ever noticed the kid that wrestled the star in the movie looks like a young tommy morrison former world heavyweight contender?

It's basic wrestling because it's 31 years old! ;D I saw this movie at the theatre when I was in high school...

The star of the movie is Lorenzo Lamas.

wow you must be old because i saw it in grade school. lol. much better than vision quest.

I am old!

We (old wrestlers) thought the movie was so cool, because there wasn't anything about wrestling in the media back then. And they made it realistic, without over doing it. Now a days all you have to do is go to youtube and the rest is history!

It is a great movie, but most of what takes place is real and not hollywoodized.  I had a copy of it when I started coaching but lost it, or 1 of my kids stole it. I would recommend it to people to watch.

Wow, forgot all about this movie.  It's descent.  From imdb....Trivia

This was Disney's first "PG" rated film, five years before they launched Touchstone Pictures to expand into the "adult" market. The company's name never appeared on this title though: the only reference to the Disney name was that it was released thru Disney's Buena Vista Distribution company.

wow you must be old because i saw it in grade school. lol. much better than vision quest.

Anyone watched Vision Quest recently?

The scene in the diner when he asks his dad if Carla can stay... You can see the microphone in the bottom of the shot... lol..

And was anyone ever really frustrated about the scoring in that movie?

Anyone watched Vision Quest recently?

The scene in the diner when he asks his dad if Carla can stay... You can see the microphone in the bottom of the shot... lol..

And was anyone ever really frustrated about the scoring in that movie?

Vision Quest errors:

* Continuity: In the match between Loudon and Shute, the referee clearly says "no takedown" as they go out of bounds. Yet, when he brings them back to the line, Loudon takes the "down" position and the score is 2-0 in Shute's favor, indicating a takedown has been awarded.

* Revealing mistakes: The boxes of detergent that fall on Louden at the supermarket are clearly empty.

* Boom mic visible: As Louden and his father move to a corner to speak privately in the restaurant, the boom mic can be seen in the bottom of the screen between them.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): During the weigh-in, when Louden is seen standing next to Shute, it is clear that Shute is twice the size of Louden. Also, when the 101 pounders are weighing in, it is clear that due to their muscular physique, they weigh at least 130 pounds.

* Continuity: The wristbands on the referee's are on the wrong arm. The red wristband should be on the left wrist, and the green band on the right wrist.

* Boom mic visible: (At 06:50) Visible in the top of the frame for a second.

Here is the scoring issue that always bothered me.  In the final match, in the final minute, the score is 13-9 in favor of Shute.  I was always bothered by the fact Loudin's coach says, "You have to stick him!"  In actuality, Louden would have won the match on points anyway, even if the ref had not called a pin.  In the last minute, Louden gets an escape, a take-down and near fall which should give him 6 points (1 for the escape, 2 for the take-down, 3 near fall). The referee does not indicate this, though, and the final score on the scoreboard after the pin (with 0:06 left) is still 13-9, when it should be 15-13.

Vision Quest errors:

* Continuity: In the match between Loudon and Shute, the referee clearly says "no takedown" as they go out of bounds. Yet, when he brings them back to the line, Loudon takes the "down" position and the score is 2-0 in Shute's favor, indicating a takedown has been awarded.

* Revealing mistakes: The boxes of detergent that fall on Louden at the supermarket are clearly empty.

* Boom mic visible: As Louden and his father move to a corner to speak privately in the restaurant, the boom mic can be seen in the bottom of the screen between them.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): During the weigh-in, when Louden is seen standing next to Shute, it is clear that Shute is twice the size of Louden. Also, when the 101 pounders are weighing in, it is clear that due to their muscular physique, they weigh at least 130 pounds.

* Continuity: The wristbands on the referee's are on the wrong arm. The red wristband should be on the left wrist, and the green band on the right wrist.

* Boom mic visible: (At 06:50) Visible in the top of the frame for a second.

Here is the scoring issue that always bothered me.  In the final match, in the final minute, the score is 13-9 in favor of Shute.   I was always bothered by the fact Loudin's coach says, "You have to stick him!"  In actuality, Louden would have won the match on points anyway, even if the ref had not called a pin.  In the last minute, Louden gets an escape, a take-down and near fall which should give him 6 points (1 for the escape, 2 for the take-down, 3 near fall). The referee does not indicate this, though, and the final score on the scoreboard after the pin (with 0:06 left) is still 13-9, when it should be 15-13.

that final score always drove me nuts...even when i was a kid...it was like. ..Hey..wait a tic..what..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.