why does everybody hate on tyler willis

CharlieMcGinley

I watched Willis  laid flat last year  for 20 sec to win his first round, now this year  please. I was reminded "Its about what you can live with" so if he can live with his actions good for him, but I hope he can live without the respect of a LOT of people. The sound in the field house wow.

this is a horrible post im sorry he laid on his back bc he dislocated his shoulder but kids can take 5 mins bc he cuts his lip but since he is a cathedral kid who has never done anything to anybody what wrong has he done to you i mean i hope your a big enough man to talk trash about a 15 year old kid good job. i could understand if he was a bad kid but he isn't he is a star wrestler a star football player and he gets good grades never has had any problems with authority nothing u r just a hater 

Am I reading this right, Berryman punched some kid at Regionals?  If this happened I do not understand how he was able to compete ther rest of the way.  Pretty sure that is classified as Flagrant Misconduct which should have eliminated him from further competition in the series.

Anyhow, the bottom line in the situation is that there was an illegal move that resulted in an injury of the other wrestler.  Someone mentioned that Vlahos could have been called on it the previous week as well at the semi-state.  I give credit to Willis for attempting to come out and wrestle the State Championship match, which to me seemed like he was clearly not 100%.  It was an unfortunate way to lose a match, but the rule is the rule.  

The rules are in black and white, the judgment call is subjective but no one was as close to the call as the refs so I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt in that situation.

As far as the referance to semi-state, I was in the first row 30 feet from the Vlahos semi with Quiorez. Vlahos did throw a punch, I saw it. I was shocked that the ref didn't respond. Unfortunately I also heard Vlahos in the stands during finals making loud remarks about how "his shoulder felt just fine" I can understand his disappointment. But to go shouting it through the stands. Questionable judgement at the very least.

I am not sure which is worse...booing at a 15 year old in general, or the fact that the people booing were mainly adults! What kind of example are these people setting? Remember we were at a HIGH SCHOOL wrestling event! I have never been more embarassed for people in my life! Imagine if that was your kid being booed at, then how would you feel about it? The fact that anyone would boo at a teenager multiple times is absolutely ridiculous! Regardless, if he "faked the injury" or not, the fact of the matter is, he is a child!!! What are those "booers" teaching their children? Nothing but to continue to have poor sportsmanship!!

this is a horrible post im sorry he laid on his back bc he dislocated his shoulder but kids can take 5 mins bc he cuts his lip but since he is a cathedral kid who has never done anything to anybody what wrong has he done to you i mean i hope your a big enough man to talk trash about a 15 year old kid good job. i could understand if he was a bad kid but he isn't he is a star wrestler a star football player and he gets good grades never has had any problems with authority nothing u r just a hater 

I don't hate anyone and it wasn't just adults who booed. It looked bad  on  him wrestling in the final. As far as him being only 15 maybe 15yrs old should not  wrestle 18yrs old. I don't care  where he comes from or who his coaches are.

Most all of the people who were booing have never had their kid in the situation the Cathedral kid was in.  He was injured by an illegal hold.  Whether he could go on, or not, it is clear that his ability to wrestle had been diminished and at the Semi-Final level of the State tournament if your ability to wrestle has been diminished then your ability to have a fair chance at victory is probably gone.  To me the people booing were saying that it would be okay for the wrestler who had executed the illegal hold to win over a physically impaired opponent.  I do not buy it.  I just get tired of people blaming everyone else for their misfortune.

Also, I really like Cameron. and his family, and  hope he does well in college. 

I don't hate anyone and it wasn't just adults who booed. It looked bad  on  him wrestling in the final. As far as him being only 15 maybe 15yrs old should not  wrestle 18yrs old. I don't care  where he comes from or who his coaches are.

it doesn't matter if it was just adults who booed but adults were and how are u setting an example to kids and he was 14 last year and got 7th in the state at 160 i say he is gonna be way better then McMurrey and Vlahos combined it isn't a comparison

it doesn't matter if it was just adults who booed but adults were and how are u setting an example to kids and he was 14 last year and got 7th in the state at 160 i say he is gonna be way better then McMurrey and Vlahos combined it isn't a comparison

Wow.  The arrogance of Cathedral's coaching staff is astounding.  Willis is a good kid.  The attitude from Cathedral's coaching staff has been unrivaled, and it continues to baffle me why parents would want to take their kids away from perfectly respectable programs to divert them into Cathedral's cesspool of conduct and ethics.  From Lance Rhodes, to Coach McGinley, Cathedral's lack of class and complete arrogance and disrespect toward other schools makes me want to vomit.  It's easy to put an Indianapolis Area All-Star team together and talk about a tradition of excellence in sports.  It is just unfortunate that this "tradition" comes from luring kids in from the surrounding areas to come together and train with one another in a false sense of school spirit.  Cathedral has great atheletes who want to compete at a high level.  I don't attribute the kids' success to their coaching staff or their school's lack of respect for the games in which these atheltes compete, but to the athelete's desire to win at all costs, which is what brought them to Cathedral in the first place.  Good for the boys, shame on the coaches, administration, and the whole program they run over there.  Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed, and that is why people can't stand the sight of that baked on tan, and bald head that sit in those coaches chairs.  

Good luck next year Willis.  You are a classy kid, despite it all.

Wow.  The arrogance of Cathedral's coaching staff is astounding.  Willis is a good kid.  The attitude from Cathedral's coaching staff has been unrivaled, and it continues to baffle me why parents would want to take their kids away from perfectly respectable programs to divert them into Cathedral's cesspool of conduct and ethics.  From Lance Rhodes, to Coach McGinley, Cathedral's lack of class and complete arrogance and disrespect toward other schools makes me want to vomit.  It's easy to put an Indianapolis Area All-Star team together and talk about a tradition of excellence in sports.  It is just unfortunate that this "tradition" comes from luring kids in from the surrounding areas to come together and train with one another in a false sense of school spirit.  Catherdarl has great atheletes who want to compete at a high level.  I don't attribute the kids' success to their coaching staff or their school's lack of respect for the games in which these atheltes compete, but to the athelete's desire to win at all costs, which is what brought them to Cathedral in the first place.  Good for the boys, shame on the coaches, administration, and the whole program they run over there.  Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed, and that is why people can't stand the sight of that baked on tan, and bald head that sit in those coaches chairs.  

Good luck next year Willis.  You are a classy kid, despite it all.

You're not even quoting a Cathedral Coach.  Care to give some specifics on your generalization of the coaching staff?  Until then . . . !!  My kids play sports at Cathedral, but it is the Cathedral academics that drew us and them to the school.  Sports are just an added bonus.

Thanks for admiting your wrong.

First of all, it's 'you're", as in, "you are", or  "you were" wrong.  (good thing your kids are getting a good education at Cathedral.)

Second, I did not boo, nor would I ever boo a high school athelete.  Don't be so defensive.  Your kids go there for the education.  My comments must have nothing to do with your particular situation.  Relax. 

Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed, and that is why people can't stand the sight of that baked on tan, and bald head that sit in those coaches chairs.  

Charlie's not a coach, he's a student/athlete simply defending one of his best friends.  You, however, based on what seems to be semi-intelligent grammar, are probably a grown adult making excuses for other grown adults for booing a kid, which is about as childish as booing a 15 year old kid in the first place.  You don't like the coaches, email the school.  Or the IHSAA.  I know coach McGinley well and he's nothing if not a class act.  I can't defend coach Rhodes because I don't know the man.  But wherever you're from or who you root for, I'm guessing coach McGinley has given you more respect than what you appear to deserve.  Nothing excuses the behavior exhibited by those fans on Saturday.  And any adult would know that.

You said "wrong as it may be" after you bad mouthed the progam.  That's booing and you said it was wrong.  Also, haven't got your specifics on the generalization of the coaching staff.

I have no clue what you're talking about with The "that's booing" comment.  Willis is a classy kid.  I have stated it and would never boo a high school athelete.  I don't have any desire to put personal experiences that would embarass anyone in particular (from your educational program) out there as public knowledge.  I believe my comments suffice to explain a view of the school and a staff that is shared by many.  I am not going to bring out any dirty laundry to embarass.  You're ridiculous to ask for it. It's an opinion based on years of experiences, and you can take it or leave it, but I'm not about to go in-depth about certain individual's character and class or lack thereof. 

lets see if willis is supposed to be better than McMurray and Vlahos combined then shouldn't willis atleast have a couple of championships by now? I mean when Sean was a sophmore he was in willis's shoes. He knocked off a two time state champ going for his third title. So looking at where willis is now, compared to where mcmurray was then... idk i think that willis has his work cut out for him to become nearly twice as good as mcmurray... but hey thanks coach for just heaping a load of pressure on your kid

lets see if willis is supposed to be better than McMurray and Vlahos combined then shouldn't willis atleast have a couple of championships by now? I mean when Sean was a sophmore he was in willis's shoes. He knocked off a two time state champ going for his third title. So looking at where willis is now, compared to where mcmurray was then... idk i think that willis has his work cut out for him to become nearly twice as good as mcmurray... but hey thanks coach for just heaping a load of pressure on your kid

I was injury free in the state finals my sophmore year..  But I just don't get how someone signs in with a screen name that is their name, then criticizes specific wrestlers who don't know him(thank god) and haven't done a single thing to him.. 

Willis is a class act.  Probably one of the nicest kids at the state tournament.  We talked a little bit and I dont understand how people can even begin to attack him...  I cannot find one bad thing to say about the kid.  But Charlie, don't drag me into any of this...  I consider Vlahos and Willis my friends now..  They are both great guys who work hard.  THEY  have nothing to do with ME.

Good for the boys, shame on the coaches, administration, and the whole program they run over there.  Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed, and that is why people can't stand the sight of that baked on tan, and bald head that sit in those coaches chairs.  

It's an opinion based on years of experiences, and you can take it or leave it, but I'm not about to go in-depth about certain individual's character and class or lack thereof.  

Am I reading this correctly? I am sitting in awe at the ignorance of your comments. Not only are you putting down an entire student body and hard working establishment, you are taking personal jabs at another adult. How old are you?  I honestly find it hard to believe that an adult would get on a forum where kids are present and write the nasty and horrible things you just posted. (bald head and fake tan) I feel lucky that I did not grow up in your household where name calling is accepted. Clearly from your bald head and fake baked comment you, as an adult, have absolutely no problem acting like a child.

Do you honestly think that your post  is a wonderful example for all the children on this forum.  I could care less if you have YEARS of hatred (or personal experiences as you like to call them) Your "experiences" never give you a right to treat another as you are treating these Cathedral coaches, no matter how right or wrong they may be.

As you are reading this I am sure you are willowing in embarrassment because of the actions you have taken to make a point. I hope you feel awful, as you should. In my opinion, and only my opinion, you are no better than the adults who showed "booed" on Saturday. My biggest worry is that you are a parent, teacher, or coach..... because this is not the type of example our kids need.

Charlie's not a coach, he's a student/athlete simply defending one of his best friends.  You, however, based on what seems to be semi-intelligent grammar, are probably a grown adult making excuses for other grown adults for booing a kid, which is about as childish as booing a 15 year old kid in the first place.  You don't like the coaches, email the school.  Or the IHSAA.  I know coach McGinley well and he's nothing if not a class act.  I can't defend coach Rhodes because I don't know the man.  But wherever you're from or who you root for, I'm guessing coach McGinley has given you more respect than what you appear to deserve.  Nothing excuses the behavior exhibited by those fans on Saturday.  And any adult would know that.

Again, my opinion of Cathedral and their whole system, is an opinion.  A collective opinion of many people who have dealt with the school for years.  I also stated that booing Willis or any other kid was wrong, and I didn't, and I wouldn't do it.  Don't lump me in with those who booed because of my disdain for Cathedral and their whole system over there.  I am not defending the boos.  That was awful.  I stated that Willis is a good kid, and that people were misplacing anger from the coaches, the school's history, and program, onto him.  It doesn't make it right, and I don't agree with it, but I know what was going on.  I've heard people boo the coaches from there and talk about issues they have regarding them for years, and I heard it all again Saturday.  I agree with many comments I heard regarding the school, but would never agree with the way Willis was treated, as stated previously (for those of you that continue to try to make me some sort of hater of kids).

Good for the boys, shame on the coaches, administration, and the whole program they run over there.  Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed, and that is why people can't stand the sight of that baked on tan, and bald head that sit in those coaches chairs.  

It's an opinion based on years of experiences, and you can take it or leave it, but I'm not about to go in-depth about certain individual's character and class or lack thereof.  

Am I reading this correctly? I am sitting in awe at the ignorance of your comments. Not only are you putting down an entire student body and hard working establishment, you are taking personal jabs at another adult. How old are you?  I honestly find it hard to believe that an adult would get on a forum where kids are present and write the nasty and horrible things you just posted. (bald head and fake tan) I feel lucky that I did not grow up in your household where name calling is accepted. Clearly from your bald head and fake baked comment you, as an adult, have absolutely no problem acting like a child.

Do you honestly think that your post  is a wonderful example for all the children on this forum.  I could care less if you have YEARS of hatred (or personal experiences as you like to call them) Your "experiences" never give you a right to treat another as you are treating these Cathedral coaches, no matter how right or wrong they may be.

As you are reading this I am sure you are willowing in embarrassment because of the actions you have taken to make a point. I hope you feel awful, as you should. In my opinion, and only my opinion, you are no better than the adults who showed "booed" on Saturday. My biggest worry is that you are a parent, teacher, or coach..... because this is not the type of example our kids need.

What's the word I'm looking for? oh, wahoo!

I have no clue what you're talking about with The "that's booing" comment.

shame on the coaches, administration, and the whole program they run over there.  Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed

I'll explain.  You went through your misguided tirade on everything wrong with Cathedral.  Then followed it up with "Wrong as it may be, that's why people booed".  Your tirade on the program is like booing the program.  That is what I meant.  And, if  "Wrong as it may be", why did you say it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when someone openly and aggressively says something I take offense to, I'll reply.  arrogance, baffle me, cesspool, lack of class, disrespect, vomit, luring, false sense of school spirit, lack of respect - pretty strong words about high school athlete's athletic program.  I think I'd rather hear you "boo".  But you would never do that.

and would never boo a high school athelete.

"i say he is gonna be way better then McMurrey and Vlahos combined it isn't a comparison"

First, it's McMurrAY.

You've opened my eyes... Maybe we should quit wrestling...

Sean, I want to apologize for the words of my brother. I can only assume that he got too excited in defending his friend that he said some things that he should not have.  You are a hell of a Champion and it was a pleasure watching you compete the past few years.

Apologetically,

Tom McGinley CHS 02'

ps. This is my wife's account haha.

I feel bad for Ty he is not a kid to hide or duck or back away from a challenge, the reason I believe this is blowed out of praportion is the Irish coaches have done this type of thing before. Do not take anything out on Ty if they would of told him to get out there he would have. He is a young wrestler who listened to his coaches. Take nothing away from Ty he will be back under the lights.