Coaches Trohpy

Fabio Jr.

This is wrapped up.  I've got Mishawaka with 97 with Lentz still to come.  No one else is anywhere close.  Cathedral and Castle have 4 placers but no champs.  All other teams have 3 placers or less which means they could only score 90 even with all being champs and winning by pin in all matches.

Congrats Mishawaka. I think what's pretty impressive is that they won the coaches trophy and are favored to win the team title all without an individual state title.

Agreed.  They have a very deep team.  A lot of good and great wrestlers, but not any elite wrestlers.  I was impressed with the Mishawaka kids all day.  I really don't think any team is going to come close to challenging them next weekend.  They just have fewer holes in their lineup than everyone else.

yea mishiwaka is definitely the deepest team ..      ..  can't help but think back to an earlier topic of discussion ..  someone posted that mishiwaka's team could beat an Indiana all star team ..            hmmmm..    they had zero individual state champs..  soo .. i'm thinking ..    thats a no go ..

Do we have the final results on the scores of this?  Mishawaka should have it but I would like to see how the other schools panned out.  Especially since there were a couple of schools with 2 champs.  Warren Central and Crown Point.

yea mishiwaka is definitely the deepest team ..       ..   can't help but think back to an earlier topic of discussion ..  someone posted that mishiwaka's team could beat an Indiana all star team ..            hmmmm..    they had zero individual state champs..  soo .. i'm thinking ..    thats a no go ..

I was one of the people commenting on this topic.  No one said they would beat an Indiana all star team.  We said that with 9 placers they could hold their own in a dual.  Maybe a better way of saying it is that there would be a lot of interesting matches.  Yes, they didn't end up winning any titles, but obviously Beck, Guerra, Stahl, Lentz, and Thomas are capable of beating the state champs at their weights...with other matches also being competitive.  Again, no one said they would win.  This wasn't the point.

Do we have the final results on the scores of this?  Mishawaka should have it but I would like to see how the other schools panned out.  Especially since there were a couple of schools with 2 champs.  Warren Central and Crown Point.

I'm sure someone will post the scores after the luncheon this afternoon when it's announced.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.