Welch twins

Jon H

I'm sure it will be a big topic of discussion later so I thought I would get it started............a VERY questionable call in SV O.T. keeps C. Welch from joing D. Welch in the finals.  I thought the ref. made the call too soon in a scramble situation.  Bennett may have finished it but he wasn't quite there yet IMO.

From what I saw though it was thr right call.  Control was lost.  Not a reversal but definitely an escape.  I wish the brothers could be in the finals together but it was the right call no matter how loud that fan yelled, "You're lousy!!!" to the ref haha

My concern is it was stopped to soon. If anyone seen sims and welch wrestle in regionals at 145 you seen an example of how it looked like welch was certainly going to lose the scramble then out of no where came out on top. Thats what they do well is scramble.

My question is this. One ref wants 2 for a reversal?!?!  The other says nope its 1!?!?!?  There was no loss of control.  The period just previous Chad was out and the other kid was literally ahnging onto his shoe strings.  So if we are calling things in this manner the match should have been tied at that point.  It was one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time!

It would appear the Anderson kids "offense" is let them put me in a front headlock and it will offensively denfend against that every period.  I can see that ending promptly in the finals.

But hey it is what it is and we as fans have been robbed of a great finals match and a great story about twins in the finals. 

But hey it is what it is and we as fans have been robbed of a great finals match and a great story about twins in the finals.   

So you are assuming that Bennet/Corpe wont be a great finals match? 

So Bennett will get destroyed, yet Welch would give Corpe a great match.  By that logic, why didnt Welch destroy Bennett?

Just seems odd that Bennett is getting targetted because of an officials call.

Is it just me or does the competition seem really down this year? Josh boots 4th place? Stein a champion? If only Ben Lampkins wrestled in this time.

You created an account today... just to say that... Sad but I think your looking for a battle on here to stir stuff up... Drake Stein Baby!!! Beating a returning start champ and runner-up!

Its cool you did a little research on me, I dk why its sad i created an account. I think its sad you waste your life on an internet discussion board. and yea I am looking for a fight.

You coming to the wrong place then. And I waste my life with work and training.. and occasional female... but close!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.