Unranked Wrestlers

RankingsGuy

In total, I counted 4 matches on Friday night between two unranked wrestlers.. they are:

119: Alex Catron- New Castle (43-3) vs. Jake Anderson- Yorktown (38-8)

145: Josh Sampson- New Washington (44-2) vs. Tanner Boman- DeKalb (29-5)

189: Darryn Scott- Marion (39-4) vs. Danny Abu-Shehab- Mishawaka (25-20)

215: Mark Collett- Jennings County (40-7) vs. Kyle Barrett- Connersville (33-10)

There were also two unranked Semi-State Champions.. they were:

103: Danny Hamm- Prairie Heights (42-6)

189: Darryn Scott- Marion (39-4)

Barrett at 215 has beaten more than one ranked wrestler this season and his matches are all about the styles and how they go together.  He could lose to an unranked wrestler that wrestles this way and then easily beat a ranked wrestler that wrestles another. Style match-ups are extremely important at those heavier weights.

Barrett at 215 has beaten more than one ranked wrestler this season and his matches are all about the styles and how they go together.  He could lose to an unranked wrestler that wrestles this way and then easily beat a ranked wrestler that wrestles another. Style match-ups are extremely important at those heavier weights.

Yes he is a very wierd wrestler, I have seen very few strenghts except for his ability to defend shots from his opponents, he was very surprising Saturday, especially in defeating Wright from TECH, he wrestles more like a heavyweight who doesn't want to be aggresive in fear of making a mistake,  I think he could have beaten Buchanan but Barrett tried to throw with a kid that only throws, and it didnt quite work so well. best of luck to him at State,

this year was a very weak 215 at New Castle but nonetheless Barrett did a great job getting through and going to COnseco as a Senior, still one of my best memories when I wrestled.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.