Personal Apology

duck_and_run

I think for everyone who talked trash about Darian Scott on the Fort Wayne Semi State rankings page, they need to apologize imediatly.  The dude is an absolute stud that dominated the competition yesterday.  I want to personally say congrats and it looks like the knee is healthy good luck at state.  FYI I  never said that he would not win but several people did.  Plus this was argueably one of the toughest weight classes in the semi state.  We could very well see three placers depending on the draw.

Toughest weight in the semistate ??? It was maybe the 10th toughest weight... You obviously didn't go to the same semi state I was at...

Saying he dominated is crazy! He was losing the entire match against the Goshen kid in the semis and scored a late 5 points to win, thats hardly domination. He did look good in the finals though, but this weight class was far from "the toughest weight at the semi state"

This weight class had an unbeaten wrestler, a wrestler who has only been beaten by the unbeaten wrestler, a former stater, and the goshen kid.  It looks to me this is the most underated part of the state at 189.  I know 135, 160, and hvy were tough but this was right there with any of those.  I am just saying no one gave him any respect coming in and he did prove himself nicely.  I personally will give respect when respect is needed.  Nice job Darian and good luck at state.

I never said the toughest I said one of the toughest.  It proved to be tough on saturday.  Thatchert was a ligit 5 seed coming into the day and there were at least 2 wrestlers that could compete with him on any given day.  It is entirely possible that Fort Wayne could place 3 or 4 if they draw the right semi state.  Im rooting for the Evansville semi state here since Thatchert beat the champion earlier this season.

i didnt see the finals but what i heard he got caught early with a cradle? so theres 5 pts. final score was 8-5 so after that he obviously turned it up and put it to him. he stuck his first kid and a legit yorktown kid? hahah that says somethin and dominated the finals 5-1. so yeah besides the slip up with the cradle i think you can call it domination. yeah congrats scott finally 100 percent healthy not sick. great day of wrestling hope to see you place high next weekend

That's funny, a guy gets on here to say something good, and another has to go negative. Maybe if no one worried about how weak or strong any weight class is Indiana wrestling could grow up.  Scott is a stud, get over it  8)

It started off negatively when someone demands immediate personal apologies. I'm more comfortable with just congratulating Darryn and hoping to see him medal at state

Y2 bashed Scott and the whole marion squad for that matter.  I think the least he could do is one time just say hey I made a mistake the Scott kid was a lot tougher then I previously thought.  Sorry for making fun of all the Marion supporters.  It takes a true man to admit fault and I do not think we will see that anytime soon from Y2

All I am saying is Y2 talked as much trash as anyone about Darian Scott all year long.  Sometimes you put your foot in your mouth Lord knows I have done it.  I am man enough to admit it.  I apologized to Trent McCormick and I will soon be apologizing to the Merryville semi state for talking trash about there 135 pounders.  Fort Wayne had some upsets and bad draws so they will not dominate the state tournement like I had stated earlier.  I still think they have the top two but only time iwll tell. 

I never saw on here, any example of Y2 bashing Scott... When you have 5 or 6 guys on here constantly saying that Scott is the best ever, it gets old... I got tired of reading it. He was ranked in the right place, but he just showed up to wrestle. I was only saying that this weight class wasn't close to consideration for the toughest in the semi state.

Why isn't it in consideration?  Is it because the 5th rnked guy in the state got 3rd.  Or is it because the guy who beat him didn't even win the thing.  I think the rankings guy messed up with 189 in Fort Wayne and it is not his fault.  This weight has 2 guys that don't wrestle the schedule to give them any credibility.  Both Scotts are under ranked plain and simple.  Thatchert may be the best of the bunch but he can not and will not dominate the Scotts.  They would both give him one of if not the best match he has had all year.  This tells me we probably have three guys in the top 10.

Alot of the other weights were much stronger i.e. 112, 119, 135, 171, and 285. These weights all have or had multiple Top 4 at State potential and these weight are much tougher state wide than 189. Its no mystery that 189 is down with the exception of Atwood.

who from 112 has top 4 potential?  Besides Lovejoy there are no top 4 guys at 19.  135 I will give you looked like a championship match in the finals.  171 was competitive but who has Bratchert wrestled?  285 may be better also.

89 has two former staters.  The heritage kids only lose was to Thatchert earlier in the year and the Goshen kid had Scott in a lot of trouble. all four could potentially place.

I have 189 as Fort Waynes 3rd best class.  If I were going to argue it I would throw 40 and 60 into the mix is 4th and 5th best.  71 and and 45 at 6th and 7th 215 and 145 at 8th and 9th.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.