215 from Roncallis' season cut short

Jake Tucker From Roncalli was wrestling in the 3rd place match at the Perry regional when he shoots a double as the other wrestler changes levels to collide w/ him, usually no big deal as this happens in many matches. Not this time, the referee calls a flagrant and suddenly this young mans season goes in the crapper. I have seen many bad calls in this sport and we let them slide, we can't let this one slide!!! A bad takedown, reversal, escape or fall even would be horrible but tolerable, but the flagrant misconduct ended this BOYS season when he had overcome so much to qualify for a very tough semi state as a FIRST YEAR WRESTLER. That's right, a FIRST YEAR WRESTLER who looks rather raw or unpolished but he did nothing wrong. Please voice your opinion on this if you saw it happen and offer any possible remedies if you know of any.

It's tough to make an opinion, I'm not sure I understand what happened.  But flagrant misconduct is a big call...officials have to be sure, especially in the tournament!  They are usually pretty obvious.  Hopefully it's not Jake's last season!

i saw this match and it was definitely the wrong call.....jake is a great young kid, and didnt deserve this...luckily this is not his last year, he is a junior, but either way this is horrible for the kid......on a side note, at least we werent at jay county

i witnessed this match 1st hand. that being said i have to say this is one of the worst calls i have ever seen.this 1st year wrestler is a monster, he weighs 190lbs and is bigger than most every 215 pounder that he has wrestled, and im sure he looks inteminating to some of the kids he wrestles.  because of his strength he does everything a little harder than most other kids.  to say he committed a flagrant misconduct for doing exactly what he has been taught to do is unacceptable. i personally heard the ref give his explanation to coach ellis, and his words were "THE KID WAS TO AGRESSIVE" u could imagine my disbelief and the confused look on my face.i have never in all my life heard a ref defend a call by saying your kis was too aggressive. so my contention is that the tape should be reviewed by Bobby Cox and anyone else with the power to overturn this extreamly obsurd and rediculous call. and if anyone has this match on tape they should post it on this site so everyone else in the state can witness this absolute travosty.

I saw the match and I could not believe the call.  Tucker was assessed a penalty point for "an agressive collar tie" then was DQ for "headbutting".  All I saw was a simultaneous shot by both wrestlers who collided with their heads.  Roncalli folks reviewed the tapes and saw nothing so they will be sent to the IHSAA.  I doubt the call will be changed and unfortunately a bad call will end Tucker's season.  Jake a very raw but did an outstanding job in his first season of wrestling!  Hopefully he can compete at Team State!

Dont worry It will not be overturned and the IHSAA will not even look at the video... Same thing happened to Justin Cooper from Whiteland a few years back, he was 32-0 got DQ'd and was unable to wrestle at sectionals.  The IHSAA was not remotely interested in the call they had better things to worry about  it appears is though they are just going to ignore the situation at Jay County showing how much they care about wrestling.  They make a decision and they stick by it no matter how wrong it may be.

Who was the referree?  Seems like the way to handle it is by word of mouth.  If he's is a bad as you say, he could be castigated to the middle school ranks!!!  I'm not sure I'd wish that on anyone though! LOL  I've referee'd a few middle school matches and there's a job I wouldn't want to tackle!!!

Unfortunately there will be no review. As I was told: "Rule 9-5 of your IHSAA by-laws provides that the decisions of contest officials are final and binding."

I do not know what can be done but the officiating at both Team regionals at Greencastle and at Perry Regional was the worst I have seen in a while. I am not whining about it ,it was just my observation.