What is your favorite thing about the Merryville Semi State ?

Regionrat1

My favorite part is the "home cooking," no not the concession stand or grills fired up outside.  It's the "rumor" of a Merrillville school board member who is part of the IHSAA.  I was told as long as she is around, it's not moving.  No offense, but this "home cooking" stinks!  Why doesn't someone circulate a petition this year?  Indianamat.com could tell the spectators where to find the petition ((someone wear a certain shirt, sit in a special place (no wait, there are no special seats)).

How about someone wear a shirt with the #14 on it (see Jay County Regional threads) and post themselves next to the concession stand with a petition?  I'd look them up and take every spectator who is there to watch our kids to go sign it.  The comments about the fire marshal needing to be onsite is something I have been saying for years.  Who knows what their capacity is?  Maybe we should ask Merrillville to publish attendence for the last several years and compare that to what the facility is rated for - that's fair right and public record.

"Down with the Man (IHSAA)!"  We need advocates in the IHSAA, not politicians, we have enough of them.  Keep the Semi-State in the area, but find a better venue.  Replace our IHSAA representatives who don't do their job as they should, with representatives that care.

Down with the Man! Move the Merrillville Semi-State to a venue that is accommodating to the dedicated wrestlers and fans by accommodating them appropriately. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has nothing to do with the merryville semi-state...but i kno the evansville regional has been at roberts sadium for the last 8 years or so maybe a bit longer....but my question is where was it before it was in evansville...cause i had a brother that wrestled back in the late 90s and i dont remember going to roberts stadium.....and why was it move?    .....but i love evansville semi-state food is the only thing thats over priced..but thats what you get with a big venue like roberts stadium.

The best thing about this year's Merrillville Semi-State is "it's the last time I have to go there". It is one place I will not miss!

To be honest with you Mr. McMurray, after seeing Sean's behavior at Team Regionals - blowing a kiss to the CP fans because he pinned a freshman who is in his 3rd year of wrestling and had a record of 11-12 - I'm pretty happy this is your last year too.  Go Tyler Willis!!!!!

To be honest with you Mr. McMurray, after seeing Sean's behavior at Team Regionals - blowing a kiss to the CP fans because he pinned a freshman who is in his 3rd year of wrestling and had a record of 11-12 - I'm pretty happy this is your last year too.  Go Tyler Willis!!!!!

I agree. That behavior should not be tolerated on any level

I agree. That behavior should not be tolerated on any level

Then I guess you would agree Adults booing a teenager should not be tolerated on any level.. That is what he was blowing kisses at!  (Oh thats right he forgot to mention  the part of the "adults  booing")  :P

Then I guess you would agree Adults booing a teenager should not be tolerated on any level.. That is what he was blowing kisses at!  (Oh thats right he forgot to mention  the part of the "adults  booing")  :P

it's ok, i forgive him.  most of us cp fans like sean.  no big deal.  everyone gets jacked up in that kind of an atmosphere!

I was there...no one was booing. I think you must be thinking of the DAC , you know, one of the other times he put on a show.

I was there...no one was booing. I think you must be thinking of the DAC , you know, one of the other times he put on a show.

No actually I was talking about last week. Thank you..  Trying to pull up old news  Pitiful.. Let it go. 

He was not being booed. Acting that way after beating a freshman?  Uncalled for - and you defending him makes you look just as ridiculous as he did.  

He was not being booed. Acting that way after beating a freshman?  Uncalled for - and you defending him makes you look just as ridiculous as he did.  

Thats right I am ridiculous and you are the  Queen of Denial.You are uncalled for! Being a coward hiding behind your name.

Correct - after Julian got beat, he refused to shake Colton's hand - is that supposed to be OK?  That is the upmost disrespect.

Stop making excuses..  The Cp fans were booing and Sean threw kisses to the crowd not the wrestler as you twisted it around. (both of which I frowned on) Oh what a twisted web we weave. lol

I would have boo'ed Torres too he acted like a real bad sport w/ some unsportsman like forearms to Saroffs head but Saroff did what he need to do.

and to the McMurray thing if he didn't want to be boo'ed I really think he would win and walk off like he did it before, he does have  a 157 wins two title. But I feel like he loves that spotlight and what it brings   

Let em boo. Let em blow kisses. Who cares? It is fun.

-If I ever would have been good enough to have people care enough to boo me i would have been thrilled. Means a lot to know you winning so much is getting under some people's skin.

-I wrestled because it was fun. i remember when Steve Sandefer caught all that hate for doin the break dance after he won state. Why do you care? It was funny and it shows he is having fun with the sport. All of these type of things are just done for fun and in the end it doesn't matter.

Johnny you were good enough to get boo'ed you were a returning medalist moving down a weight but people cheered you because you did the right way you didnt have to show boat or show up another wrestler I know you defend McMurrays action because he is your friend. But really im playing devils advocate I dont care ethier way. When it comes down to it if you don't like it beat him 

Honestly and not defending him cause he is my brother but i havent met many wrestlers who dont have an attitude with there personality or have some kind of swagger after winning titles or credentials like sean. he is good he lets it show he dont care what twistedsister says or duck and run or people picking against him. everyone hates a winner, but you guys going after a teenager like this is really starting to irratate me alot and i really dont appreciate people talking about or to my family in this sort of way! dont beat up on a teenager just becuase he isnt the perfect child that all you think he should be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.