Individual Regional Delays...Please Post

wrestler112

Just took 90 minutes to drive 35 miles from Huntington to Monroe.  Probably could have made it quicker but we we had two vehicles trying to keep together.  I had a Ranger, but didn't slide.  Roads aren't nice though.  Worst problem is blowing that causes occasional whiteouts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Super Nova

If i missed this sorry..

The Bloomington Regional is Postponed 2 hours.

Weigh-In- 10:30

Wrestle- 11:30

Plus 1lb Allowance..

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

Heard on the news that HAmilton Heights was closed at 1pm today and all the students sent home.  Anyone know if they are still allowed to have practice?  If not then I would think we will get a 1lb allowance at Pendleton Heights tomorrow.

Anyone got official word on this?

Thanks

Frankton canceled all after school activities, so no wrestling practice, so add a lb. if the AD's do their thing.

Jay County Regional is still on and all of Randolph County is on a level 3. I tried getting to the school this morning and got stuck a half mile down the road from my house. Took me until 830 to get back. I just don't see how Jay County has the right to keep the Regional on if there are schools that simply can't get their. All of the school board members are involved and are trying to get the meet postponed.

Schools in Randolph County Attending Jay County Regional:

Monroe Central

Winchester

Randolph Southern

Union City

I don't understand what is so difficult about this, Randolph and Delaware Counties are under a Level 3.  Richmond has already postponed their regional due to this.  Kids from these counties will be cheated of an opportunity to advance...sucks to work all year and not get to wrestle because of a idiot athletic director. :( :( :(

This is insane, these schools under the snow emergency should have made the call hours ago to postpone these things.  What happens when the regional begins and there are kids not there due to the weather?  Do they have to take a forfeit and see their season, maybe their senior year, go down the tubes through no fault of their own?

Now, it's pretty much too late to cancel them.  My guess is they're going to have to delay the start until further this afternoon so the wrestlers can trickle in.

Channel 8 news out of Indianapolis had a report on this morning.  First, they played a recorded cell phone conversation they had with a motorist last night who was stranded on a section of Highway 37 near Elwood -- he said there was a mile-long line of cars, all stranded by drifted road.  Even the snow plows were stuck.  Then (and this was 8am) they reported that they had received word that the motorist was STILL there in his car this morning, and they were going to talk to him shortly.  My guess is that if there are wrestlers from that area trying to make their way anywhere very far, they are really screwed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.