semi state seedings

rebels8

Seedings are randomly drawn for each weight class and not released until the conclusion of wrestling at regionals.  Generic breakdown for each weight (A, B, C, & D represent the 4 regionals)

1stA

4thB

2ndC

3rdD

1stB

4thA

2ndD

3rdC

1stC

4thD

2ndA

3rdB

1stD

4thC

2ndB

3rdA

Seedings are randomly drawn for each weight class and not released until the conclusion of wrestling at regionals.  Generic breakdown for each weight (A, B, C, & D represent the 4 regionals)

1stA

4thB

2ndC

3rdD

1stB

4thA

2ndD

3rdC

1stC

4thD

2ndA

3rdB

1stD

4thC

2ndB

3rdA

so is it something like putting all the 1st together drawing and then the 4th together and drawing to determine matches and so on for 2nd and 3rd matches so 1st place regional winners get to face a 4th place regional finisher and 2nd and 3rd finishers face each other too???

1st and 4th place from the same regional will be on the same half of the bracket

2nd and 3rd from that same regional will be on the other half

There will always be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finisher in each quarter bracket

the winner of those first 2 rounds qualifies for state

In my generic example, A always represents the same regional, and so forth with B, C, and D.

I was just trying to show how the brackets are separated by regionals and places.

Yes, it's the same for state. The IHSAA issues a template to all semi-states to use for placing wrestlers. I think coahes get a copy of it at the completion of the regional. State is a little different since there is only one tournament, not 4. IHSAA will post state brackets by noon on Sunday following the semi-state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.