Perry Meridian Regional

gogoplata89

Some interesting matchups could take place. One i noticed right away is at 189 Ian Early sophomore (Greenfield-Central) v.s. Andre Richards sophomore (Perry Meridian) its going to be a very good match. From the looks of it, Early didnt look himself at Shelbyville while Richards looked good at Decatur. Very interesting and didnt see it coming. But I believe that this will be the best first round match. And how bout 125? How crazy is that going to be with another Wright v.s. Keifer match up possibly.

Tell me what you think will be some good matches.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting matchups could take place. One i noticed right away is at 189 Ian Early sophomore (Greenfield-Central) v.s. Andre Richards sophomore (Perry Meridian) its going to be a very good match.

I don't think it will be as good as you think.  Richards from PM is pretty tough and has a killer head lock.  If Early can stop this head lock he might have a shot.  I take Richards in this one.

If Richards comes out with the intensity and fast pace style he had in sectionals, he could be a force to watch out for. Credit to Caliboy whom i know is keeping his sons intensity where it needs to be to have a chance to make a big run and pull off some upsets. Keep his mind set where it is caliboy and continue with the confidence of a dominant sectional champion. Look forward to seeing his opening round in regional and hopefully a rematch with jones of warren central again with a better outcome this time. good luck to him

103 mossBD dec ferrellGC BovaPM dec smidthBG

112 mckinleyPM maj handleyPK davisRON dec whittenBD

119 kiefferRON fall anspaughSHEL duncanBG dec tranNP

125 wrightWC maj williamsShel kiefferRON maj simmons PM

130 kiefferRON dec mccarthyMV eastSO dec klinsmithPM

135 blackPK dec williamsWC harrisPM dec ulreyNP

140 kestermanTC dec johnsonPM jamesPK dec cormanNP

145 spencerPK dec riedlingNP healdGC dec harzPM

152 tontePM fall horanNP hawthorneCA dec norrisPK

160 hockenberryDC dec oliverPK jenningsNP maj aridizzoneRON

171 phelpsNP dec judkinsSP bartleyRON dec pullensGW

189 jonesWC dec richardsPM poynterNP dec nethertonFC

215 cooperPM dec balbackMV sandersPK dec tuckerRON

285 harrisNW dec whiteWC aldersonPK dec massengaleRON

If Richards comes out with the intensity and fast pace style he had in sectionals, he could be a force to watch out for. Credit to Caliboy whom i know is keeping his sons intensity where it needs to be to have a chance to make a big run and pull off some upsets. Keep his mind set where it is caliboy and continue with the confidence of a dominant sectional champion. Look forward to seeing his opening round in regional and hopefully a rematch with jones of warren central again with a better outcome this time. good luck to him

Thanks Rebels8 Andre I believe is peaking at the right time physically and mentally, He is really looking forward to this match. He knows to take one match at a time, It should be a good finals if he comes to wrestle like he did this weekend. We got a couple of tough matches on wed. to get him tuned up. Thanks for all your support can't wait for Regionals.

103- Moss, Farrell, Schimth, Bova

112-McKinley, Handley, Davis, Wagner

119-Kieffer, Duncan, Anspaugh, Clem

125-Wright, Simmons, Keiffer, Williams

130-Kieffer, McCarthy, East, Miller

135-Black, Harris, Williams, Ulrey

140-Johnson, Kesterman, James, Corman

145-Spencer, Harz, Reidling, Heald

152-Tonte, Hawethorn, Horan, Norris

160-Jennings, Oliver, Hockenbury, Ardizonne

171-Judkins, Phelps, English, Gruell

189-Johnson-Jones, Richards, Poynter, Netherton

215-Balbach, Decker, Sanders, Tucker

285-Harris, White, Alderson, Massangale

your predictions  look good rebel 8 but i cant see hockenberry being in the finals at 160. it should be oliver vs jennings in a close match, everything else looks solid tho

ya i dont know if he can get to the finals but its a gamble if he wrestles with some high intensity but it should be oliver vs jennings, i would like to see  oliver vs hockenbury rematch of sectional final

103 mossBD dec ferrellGC BovaPM dec smidthBG

112 mckinleyPM maj handleyPK davisRON dec whittenBD

119 kiefferRON fall anspaughSHEL duncanBG dec tranNP

125 wrightWC maj williamsShel kiefferRON maj simmons PM

130 kiefferRON dec mccarthyMV eastSO dec klinsmithPM

135 blackPK dec williamsWC harrisPM dec ulreyNP

140 kestermanTC dec johnsonPM jamesPK dec cormanNP

145 spencerPK dec riedlingNP healdGC dec harzPM

152 tontePM fall horanNP hawthorneCA dec norrisPK

160 hockenberryDC dec oliverPK jenningsNP maj aridizzoneRON

171 phelpsNP dec judkinsSP bartleyRON dec pullensGW

189 jonesWC dec richardsPM poynterNP dec nethertonFC

215 cooperPM dec balbackMV sandersPK dec tuckerRON

285 harrisNW dec whiteWC aldersonPK dec massengaleRON

Jennings loses to hockenbury???????

On the results page the person who posted some results implied that a wrestler "threw" a match by injury defaulting when up 8-0 to get a better match up at this regional.  I would be suprised if that was true, but looking at some of the weight classes in this regional I could see why someone would want to get the best possible draw they could.

I think im gonna call for the upset of Richards. I just think Early is too strong and too quick and it will be a great match. If this happens 189 will look like this. 1. Johnson Jones 2. Early 3. Poynter 4. Netherton. I also think at 103 Ferrell will beat bova and at 145 Reidling will run away with it.  And for the heck of it i dont think kesterman can do it again at 140.

On the results page the person who posted some results implied that a wrestler "threw" a match by injury defaulting when up 8-0 to get a better match up at this regional.  I would be suprised if that was true, but looking at some of the weight classes in this regional I could see why someone would want to get the best possible draw they could.

im saying at 119 at decatur central sectional clem of PM was dominating his match going into the 3rd period (8-0) and then injury defaulted and was just fine after the match. was not upset or anything so im assuming it was so he didnt have to wrestle duncan of  beech grove. clem dominated the kid in a dual at Ben Davis and pinned him and i just think it was to avoid duncan of BG which may or may not be a good move b/c he will face a good wrestler from NP

Was there some strategy in Seve Duncan's 4th place finish? Seemed kind of strange....

ya i think it was strange also and i think the clem injury default was strange i think strategy on both parts but i think it worked out best for duncan not clem

ya i think it was strange also and i think the clem injury default was strange i think strategy on both parts but i think it worked out best for duncan not clem

I thought maybe he forfeited against keifer and tran because of an injury he got earlier in january

No jennings didn't pin oliver he beat him by 1 pt I think 4-3 kolb pinned oliver

Actually, it was Jennings 6-3 over Oliver, eventually, after the longest episodes of tying (catch my breath) shoes that I believe I've ever seen permitted on a mat.  Oliver should be in better shape by now though.

I thought maybe he forfeited against keifer and tran because of an injury he got earlier in january

that could be duncans reason but regardless clem had a tough match either way but i guess they think they have a better chan versus tran than duncan

Actually, it was Jennings 6-3 over Oliver, eventually, after the longest episodes of tying (catch my breath) shoes that I believe I've ever seen permitted on a mat.  Oliver should be in better shape by now though.

. Oliver is in alot better shape then he was at the beginning of the year when we first wrestled new pal because of the workouts he puts in after practice.And yeah he lost to jennings 6-3 with a late takedown by jennings from a desperation shot by oliver. also hockenberry doesnt have the offense to beat oliver and only wrestles him by the edge of the mat. the first time they went at it oliver beat him 10-2. hockenberry needs to get past jennings first which i dont think will happpen but you never know in the post season, anything can happpen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.