WHO IS AT MD CLASSIC

This is off memory and may not be all of them or all correct...

Avon

Fern Creek KY

Floyd Central

Franklin Community

Mater Dei

Memorial

MT. Carmel, IL

New Albany

North Posey

Providence

Sullivan

Tell City

TRINITY KY

UNION COUNTY, KY

Vincennes Lincoln

Caldwell County KY

Floyd Central (maybe) 

there are a lot of great teams and individuals at this tournament. our team doesnt go but i wish they would after seeing the level of competition.

i suppose mater dei is still the favorite to win this year. i would think that franklin community could be a close contender along with avon.

top 5 picks

mater dei

franklin community

avon

memorial

floyd central

i think mater dei will place enough to win but it will be close. they always seem to pick up bonus points in these types of tournaments.

i've not seen a lot out of them this year so its hard to say. i know they have about 3 tough individuals but as a team i think they are weaker this year based on the limited results i have seen. I don't know who they would beat out of the top five i listed though.

i've not seen a lot out of them this year so its hard to say. i know they have about 3 tough individuals but as a team i think they are weaker this year based on the limited results i have seen. I don't know who they would beat out of the top five i listed though.

Trinity played for a state football championship in KY on Dec. 5th. I would guess that any results you have seen up to last weekend were just for the guys they have that do not play football. How many weightclasses can your team fill without the football players?

A quick look at the KY rankings shows that Trinity has several ranked wrestlers including four that are ranked first.

112  1st John Fahy 10

119  1st Myron Bradbury 12

125 11th  Brandon Birk 11

130 6th Brent Hitchings 10

135 8th Ausdin Pender 11

152 1st Grant Ohlmann 12

160 8th Erin McCauley 12

171 1st Brad Hitchings 12

189 9th Cooper Bohn 12

215 21st Brendan Darrow

humm. i thought some of those guys graduated last year. in that case, you are probably right about them finishing in the top five. i'll list my top six then:)

mater dei

franklin community

trinity

avon

memorial

floyd central

any teams out there besides these six that could contend? i am not that familiar with the ky teams and i know that vincennes lincoln and providence are down from last year. it looks like most of the other teams have a few tough individuals but not a strong line up from top to bottom.

champion picks

103 ervin if they let 8th grader wrestle union county

112 fahy      trinity

119 bradbury trinity

140 ervin union county

152 sims md

171 hitchens trinity

Kentucky could have five champs.  

I will finish later

champion picks

103 ervin if they let 8th grader wrestle union county

112 fahy      trinity

119 bradbury trinity

140 ervin union county

152 sims md

171 hitchens trinity

Kentucky could have five champs.  

I will finish later

i thought 8th graders couldnt wrestle in indiana meets but he apparently has

i thought 8th graders couldnt wrestle in indiana meets but he apparently has

Why did you think that?

IHSAA rules do not prohibit middle school kids from a Kentucky school from wrestling against a Indiana High School wrestler. This is copied and pasted from the IHSAA by-laws:

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

thanks for the clarification chambers.

i think it is good for the individual if they can wrestle to their level of competition. imagine how much better this kid is getting by wrestling against high schoolers than if he was resigned to compete against middle school students.

i guess my question would be, why does indiana prohibit middle schoolers from wrestling with their high school teams. safety?

thanks for the clarification chambers.

i think it is good for the individual if they can wrestle to their level of competition. imagine how much better this kid is getting by wrestling against high schoolers than if he was resigned to compete against middle school students.

i guess my question would be, why does indiana prohibit middle schoolers from wrestling with their high school teams. safety?

Antares1 ... i understand what you are saying about weather the schools liability will cover the eigth grader, but  I would actually worry about this kid hurting the kids that he is wrestling.  Who will be at 103 that will give this kid some competition? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.