Top middle school wrestling teams?

Top middle school wrestling? Who are some of the top schools in the country? With Perry having such a strong middle school I was just wondering how there line up fairs against other schools across the country. Perry has a very strong middle school line up. Ty Fleenor, Jacob Cotty, Brett Johnson, Tristen Tonte,Cody Lecount,Ben Stewart, Wes Bernard and many other top wrestlers in the state.

Top middle school wrestling? Who are some of the top schools in the country? With Perry having such a strong middle school I was just wondering how there line up fairs against other schools across the country. Perry has a very strong middle school line up. Ty Fleenor, Jacob Cotty, Brett Johnson, Tristen Tonte,Cody Lecount,Ben Stewart, Wes Bernard and many other top wrestlers in the state.

WOW!! Some outstanding kids feeding into the Perry program. Perry's going to be tough for some time to come.

In the north Lowell seems to have everyone by the scruff. Tucker and Hughs got those kids doing things the right way, great group of solid kids!!

Lowell Middle School is doing well so far this season at 4-0 but with 22 weight classes (we added 215lbs this season) there are a lot of weights to fill; we are lucky to have 60 wrestlers out this year so we are a complete team. The upper weights are filled by football linemen who I coaxed into coming out. Out of the 22 weight classes, we have nearly 1/2 of the team who were state champs or state placers at one time or another in the ISWA.  We were undefeated last season and we'll see if we can work hard enough to do it again?

One thing is for sure...Coach Willmann's future varsity teams will be very good...it'll be up to the kids on how far they want to go? A lot of these boys have been together since they were 4, 5 or 6 years old.

Our club is enormous now, so many little tykes throughout the ranks, Coach Willmann and others have done a fantastic job of promoting the sport in our area.

A few years ago my sons middle school team at St. Roch consisted of

Bova   PM

all three Kieffers

Levi Lucas - Man.

Richards- PM

A few other really good wrestlers.

I do not ever remember seeing a middle school team this loaded I believe there are 14 ISWA state champs on that team!!

Unfortunately, not.  :(

But they will in High School down the road, I am sure...

Shane why r u guys not coming? You and Hughes got a great team and you guys are on fire.I wish our season would start already so we don't have to travel out of state.

We are still wrestling out of state as well...middle school tournaments on Saturdays and IKWF in Illinois on Sundays...haha

The issue with the middle school team state is just an unfortunate situation and no one is at fault. We have 3 wrestlers who are exceptional but they were born in June and will miss the cut-off for Yorktown's tournament (July 1st). We decided not to participate without these 3 wrestlers who have been pivotal to our team and our undefeated season (so far). The 3 boys have never been held back and started school when they were supposed to start by Indiana Dept. of Education cut-off for the 8th grade class (back when they started school).

Coach McCormick had to settle on a cut-off date and has been more than forgiving about setting up the rules.  Rules will always affect some differently and not everyone will be happy when cut-off dates are set. Obviously, we would like to make the trip but we feel without our entire line-up, we will forgo the tourney. Good luck to those who participate, it should be a great experience!  :)

--Coach Tucker, Lowell Wrestling

Chesterton middle school are 8-0. Just beat Hobart who were also undefeated . The light weights are doing an excellent job and setting the tone of each dual.

MaJam152:

Your information is inaccurate; Hobart Middle School is/was not undefeated, we defeated them 93-30 in the 1st dual meet of our season.

The Lake-Porter Conference, which includes Chesterton, has some good teams but Col. John Wheeler (Crown Point) is by far the class of that league. Their only loss this season was to Lowell by 20. I saw Chesterton at the M'ville super duals and they have a solid team! Good luck on the rest of your season!

lpd,

Shame about the age cutoff, that would have been a great chance for some good matchups for your team.

Outside of the ISWA results, the middle school wrestlers go much unnoticed until they hit high school.  Who are some of the top wrestlers on your Lowell team?  And who are some of the bright young stars on the Col. John Wheeler school you mentioned, which I guess will feed into CP High School?

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.