Hoosier Hills Conference

Antares1

Jeff is the front runner for this year. There is alot of young talent out there right now on some teams that still have some growing up to do.  New Albany has a good young group in and so does Floyd. Jeff just has the experience right now over everyone else in the conference.

1. JEFF

2. Jennings County

3. Columbus East

4. Battle of the babies Floyd or N.A.

5. doesn't really matter!!!!! Sorry others

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff is the front runner for this year. There is alot of young talent out there right now on some teams that still have some growing up to do.  New Albany has a good young group in and so does Floyd. Jeff just has the experience right now over everyone else in the conference.

1. JEFF

2. Jennings County

3. Columbus East

4. Battle of the babies Floyd or N.A.

5. doesn't really matter!!!!! Sorry others

i didn't think that floyd had lost that much talent to be finishing middle of the pack but we ll see. i know a lot of teams would like to have there shot at them.

are you kiddin me Floyd lost pretty much there whole team last year, they are returning 2 kids that have been decent in years.

It doesn't matter if all they have is 14 freshmen, they have a legacy of getting more with less.  They build in the Mat Room.  No one will touch Jeff(we did say the same thing last year too) but never count out a Floyd team

I dont think everyone should jump on Jeffs bandwagon. I  know Jeff will be solid. They lost some very good kids last year. They have tried to fill some holes with some inexperienced kids. I know for sure there 160 dislocated elbow at Capitol City and is out for the year. I think the 140 kid quit the team and he was at Capitol city.   The 145 quit the team before Capital City.  Jeff is very solid though at 103,112,119, 130,135,152,171,189 and 215.  From what  I remember from last year I thought Jennings county had a lot of good kids returning.  Anyway we will see tomorrow.

If this is true about team Jeff, then I will change my pick to Jennings County. They are always solid for the most part, They should be pretty good. I also have faith Coach Struck in that a could feel those slots with a body!

If that is true Jboy then floyd may have a shot at JEFF, Floyds JV team was very good last year, i believe they did beat jeff by alot. But it will come down to how those kids have matured 1 year later, and transitioned into being a varsity wrestler. I would say JC is more likely to when now, based on they headlock the hell out of people, and are likely to catch a FC or jeff kid that is just a body thrown in the lineup. It will be interesting!

that is too bad that jeff has had that many people not come back. this is just the kind of thing that makes floyd pull out the win each year. everyone thought jeff was going to win last year and floyd spanked them. i wouldnt be surprised to see it one bit again this year but i am still picking jeff by a match. it all matters how the early matches go because fc gets in your head bigtime when they start winning.

i looked back at the records last year and fc had the strongest jv team. i dont believe they have wrestled yet this year but you can bet those guys are more than ready to step in the lineup like beaner said. i gave up picking against htem along time ago.

jc and ce always seem to be just a step behind fc and jeff when it comes saturday.

Hold on Anteres1 I dont think you know why Floyd won in the duals last year.  JC 3rd in state was on susp. CH was on susp and BW also. If those guys wrestle Jeff wins. The proof is HHC individual tourney Jeff won by a landslide and Jeff also won the sectional.  Jeff wont lose in 103,112,119,171 and 215. Jeff might win also in 135, 152 and 189. I dont know if Jeffs 189 can beat JCs Kopitzke.  Jeff should win but they have lost some decent wrestlers in the last week or so.  Every year you can expect some attrition but 4 guys could be difficult to overcome.  I think they lost there  Heavy weight also.  His name wasnt on the board tonight and  i know he will not be wrestling in the duals. He placed 5th at Capital City.  

i didnt realize jeff had so many guys out last year. still we got to wrestle with what we got. jeff would no doubt win a tournament in the hhc but duals are harder because of match ups and momentum. i cant remember the last time jeff beat fc in a dual and if there are a bunch of guys out again dont be surprised if you see the same result. i think this year is the best shot if jeff can put out a strong line up but i dont want to get over excited until i see it.

Hold on Anteres1 I dont think you know why Floyd won in the duals last year.  Jon Clark 3rd in state was on susp. Coty Hendricks was on susp and Brett walker also. If those guys wrestle Jeff wins.

Jboy It doesnt matter, our kids were out because they did dumb things, just because we won sectionals doesnt mean we would have won in a dual. Duals and indiv. tournaments are like apples and oranges.

and yes in 2007 Jeff beat fc by like 1 or 2 points, still a win though!

So help me understand if we get 8 champions out of 14 weight classes 3 or 4 seconds in HHC individuals that is meaningless in a dual meet.  If we finish 10 or 11 guys ahead of Floyd in the individual tourney somehow all these guys are suddenly going to lose to them in a dual meet.  That logic to me is crazy.

So help me understand if we get 8 champions out of 14 weight classes 3 or 4 seconds in HHC individuals that is meaningless in a dual meet.  If we finish 10 or 11 guys ahead of Floyd in the individual tourney somehow all these guys are suddenly going to lose to them in a dual meet.  That logic to me is crazy.

Its quite simple, the road to the ship' in the individual conference tournament is decided merely on seeds and draws, the better draw you have the more points you are likely to score for your team, (ex: getting forfeits instead of byes, this makes you score 6 pts. to your team and 0 for the bye the other kid gets.) in an individual tournament you may not get the matchup between to teams to compare them to a dual. Ex.  Floyd and Jeff, there are some weight classes where these two teams did not wrestle. and in the case of a dual meet there is NO seeds or draws! so u wrestle heads up, u do have momentum and coaching does play apart in that too. another ex:( if you have two kids on the the same team on the mat wrestling at the same time you may not have the Best suitable coach coaching that particular wrestler. ( in other words, some coaches are better than others!) Any more illogical comments questions ill be happy to sort them out for you! :)

Hay we are going to find out tonight! Head on up or over to Floyd Central tonight and watch the show! Will Jeff and F.C. be the first or second match?

Amen to that! I can't wait! Should be some great competition, and I'm looking for a couple of the NA freshman to surprise some people!  :o I'll be there, sitting next to those REALLY loud moms from New Albany! ;)

At East things get under way around 6 so im guessing the same at Floyd. Does any one wanna answer me on why Seymour is always at the bottom of the conference?

Not sure the correct word is always, but recently we have not had a solid run in the HHC.  I could list you several issue based on wrestlers who are not currently with the program but we will move forward with those that want to be part of the team.  We have had a very young and/or inexperienced group of wrestlers the last few years.  Something we are still battling with this year, and even though they are eager to work it will take time to improve to the level needed to contend with some of the tough HHC competition.  We have also had coaching issues changes at both the high school and especially the middle school in recent years and that has caused some inconsistancy in the program.    Something again everyone has just started to recently adjust too.   The lineup we will have at the HHC duals is not what we will have at the end of the year but our team is capable of at least being competative at the event if the team can stay healthy, focused, and wrestle smart.

It wasn't that many year ago Seymour was near the top of the conference/sectional and some of the teams near the top now were near the bottom.  Most sports teams tend to have cycles of being up and down team wise.  Its just something you go through as groups of athletes filter through the system.  The lenght of those ups and downs depends on how quickly the coaches can make the adjustment necessary.  We just happen to be on the down part of that cycle and the coaching staff and team are working hard to get moveing back upward.

JBOY

Thanks that is as clear as mud. The Bottom line is the guys that finished first  in the HHC and got the # 1 seed os because they already wrestled and the #1beat everyone else. Seeding is done on who beat who. Not on an opinion in the conference.

Jboy im sorry i cant help your stupidity,

Seeding is only done on the way the HHC duals play out, which is rediculous because seeding kids based on the results of there first matches for the conference tournament in the end doesnt give them true seeds. (no matter how hard someone tries to convinceyou that they are not done this way, dont believe them, its the way its been set up since they started the duals, its been all about seeding kids for the latter tournament) Some get better some get worse.  just because the kid gets 1st place doesnt mean he has beat everyone else! thats ignorant, styles play a factor some kids styles match up better with some other ones. Thats partially why you see 4 over 1 upsets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.