Brent Metcalf WOW loser

RedTights7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy does a flip with time left on the clock and thats not  unsportsmanlike?  Hell he is lucky he didn't get shoved off the stage!!!  Metcalf def didn't handle it well but wow no call on the flip is crazy.

Guy does a flip with time left on the clock and thats not  unsportsmanlike?  Hell he is lucky he didn't get shoved off the stage!!!  Metcalf def didn't handle it well but wow no call on the flip is crazy.

Agreed

I didn't see Metcalf do anything wrong.  Metcalf was attacking. and Caldwell decided to do a backflip with time remaning.  If Caldwell hadn't done that premature celebration, Metcalf wouldn't of ran into him like he did.

I didn't see Metcalf do anything wrong.  Metcalf was attacking. and Caldwell decided to do a backflip with time remaning.  If Caldwell hadn't done that premature celebration, Metcalf wouldn't of ran into him like he did.

C'mon.  You saw the video.  He did not run into him, he shoved him.  The celebration was premature, but they ruled Metcalf shoved him after the match was over.

You don't hold up fingers and sprint away from a guy and do a backflip with time left on the clock.  That was extremely poor sportsmanship.  They both should have been hit for misconducts.  I'm kind of glad metcalf shoved him, because I wanted to.  But, that doesn't mean it was right.

All Caldwell intened to do was hurt Metcalf's feelings. Metcalf intended to injure Caldwell.

Proper call may have been Unsportsmanlike Conduct on Caldwell and flagreant Misconduct on Metcalf.

Interesting side note...the referee who worked the match is the son of the Head Official of the NCAA. He is an outstaning referee and I don't mean anything by that at all.

I think it's funny that virtually all the 1st page threads on themat.com are dedicated to Metcalf.  Got to be some kind of record.

you mean the site is still working for you???

I was on earlier and went back after the metcalf/caldwell match.  It blew up with posts in a matter of seconds, and I have not been able to get back on it since.

you mean the site is still working for you???

I was on earlier and went back after the metcalf/caldwell match. It blew up with posts in a matter of seconds, and I have not been able to get back on it since.

Well it's working very very very slowly. But from what I've seen is like 25 threads of Metcalf.

Well Mr. Clark make sure you talk to your Ref friends and tell them to learn how to call stalling Consistently ;D.  They banged Iowa alll daggone weekend with stalling, and dictated several of the matches... last 45 seconds Caldwell ran from Metcalf and not 1 stall call.  And how about hte Howe match they let that kid take how many ever little breaks he needed.  If they would have called that  match like they have called most of Iowa matches Howe would have won by DQ do to stalling.

I feel bad for him he out wrestled outhustled the other wrestler.

Well Mr. Clark make sure you talk to your Ref friends and tell them to learn how to call stalling Consistently ;D.  They banged Iowa alll daggone weekend with stalling, and dictated several of the matches... last 45 seconds Caldwell ran from Metcalf and not 1 stall call.  And how about hte Howe match they let that kid take how many ever little breaks he needed.  If they would have called that  match like they have called most of Iowa matches Howe would have won by DQ do to stalling.

I have agreed with you twice in one day. That's a new world record. I will alert the media.

C'mon.  You saw the video.  He did not run into him, he shoved him.  The celebration was premature, but they ruled Metcalf shoved him after the match was over.

Just went back and watched it again.  You're right, the shove happened a good second or so after the whisle.  However I don't think the shove was THAT bad.  But since Caldwell was in the process of a backflip and the way he landed.  Metcalf's shove made it appear worse than what it was.  I'm in no way trying to defend Metcalf because that was still a pretty classless move though.

This is the single reason why I would like to see an inner circle (safe zone) and an outer circle (warning zone).  Considr the outer circle like the warning track in baseball.  Anytime a wrestler backs up into this "warning" zone.  The wrestler has 5 seconds or so to circle back into the "safe" zone.  It would make stalling alot easier to call and takes the subjectivity out of it.

I have agreed with you twice in one day. That's a new world record. I will alert the media.

I think hell may have just froze over of grecoref is agreeing with tspray on multiple items!  ;D

If they would have called that  match like they have called most of Iowa matches Howe would have won by DQ do to stalling.

They warned King numerous times about getting back to the circle.  You could actually hear the ref warning and warning him, but he never called it.

By the way, I thought it was cool listening to his coach during the match. 

I'm a huge Iowa fan (even wearing my yellow Herky sweatshirt today) and I was jumping up and down and clapping for the last 20 seconds of the match because I'm a bigger fan of great wrestling.

Great match Caldwell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.