Union County

hasbeen130

Union County is the smallest county in the state of Indiana and barely makes 2A status.  And I think if you ask either Michael or Cody (or any of the guys on the team) they would never dream of wrestling for a class state championship.

Sorry, but Ohio County holds that distinction.  It is the smallest in area and population and the school (Rising Sun) is only a 1A school in all sports it participates that are unfortunately classed.

Way to go Cody and Duck.

There was nothing better than to sit down in my seat and see Cody pinning his guy in the second period.  Then sitting and waiting and getting to see Duck win his title.  You two did a  great job and couldn't have looked better on the mat. 

Great job Coach Briggs and Matthews.  Seeing you two coach two wonderful kids and great wrestlers to TWO state titles was perfect.  Having 3 champs from the TEC was a perfect ending to the weekend. 

Keep up the good work coaches.  Cody and Duck keep up the hard work and dedication.

Cody and Duck I am so proud of you guys!  I watched you guys online up here ... I wish I would have seen it live!  They may come from a small school and county but I think people are under estimating the size of our hearts in Union County! 

I hope to see you both wrestling at the FargoDome Nationals this summer!  :)

Senior Alert-- I think you could give some credit to the coaches but I think a lot of it should go  to those boys' families.  I know how much support those two get from their families!  Cody and Michael have been wrestling since they could walk-- I know that their parents have driven them all over the state -- bought 1000s of dollars worth or singlets and shoes and head gear.  Their parents are the unsung heroes! 

The "Credit" for this accomplishment goes to 2 young men who work there tail off to be the best that they can be. To the parents of these 2 young men who have for YEARS! hauled them around to camps, tournaments and practices so they can be the best that they can be. They have fought through injuries, sickness, criticism and for this year anyway weather (South Dearborn Sectional), In them beats the heart of a Champion, win or lose these young menwill be successful.

Coach Mathews

Couldn't say it better Jeff.  A state champion has been Union County's 800 lb. Gorrilla (to use a term familiar to this site) for the last five to ten years.  I know all of those who have wrestled under coaches Briggs, Addison, and Mathews could not be prouder of Cody and Mike.  Congratulations to both of these fine young men, their families, and the community from which they come. 

Adam "Bizzy" Logue

I just want to say congrats to cody and duck they both work every hard everyday through the offseason to get to where there at. Im also every proud to have these two classy guys reppin all of the T.E.C along with adam. great job all three of you.

These two young men deserve 100% of all credit they have been given. If by chance they reads this know that no matter what there will always be jealous people in the world and all this doesn't matter. The only thing that does is that both of you are INDIANA STATE CHAMPS

Looking forward to next year Congrats

• 4 weeks later...

uc's the second smallest populat on (oh ::)o) th rd smallest area; oh :-\o. bla ;) ford

5 Smallest Counties (size)

Ohio County... 87 Sq miles

Floyd County... 148 sq miles

Union County... 162 sq miles

Blackford County... 165 sq miles

Scott County... 190 sq miles

5 smallest counties (population)

Ohio County... 5623 population

Union County... 7349 population

Warren County... 8419 population

Switzerland County... 9065 population

Benton County... 9421 population

5 largest counties (size)

Allen County... 657 sq miles

Jasper County... 560 sq miles

Kosciusko County... 538 sq miles

Gibson County.. 526 sq miles

Greene County... 522 sq miles

5 largest counties (population)

Marion County... 860,454 population

Lake County... 484,564 population

Allen County... 331,849 population

St Joe County... 301,558 population

Hamilton County... 255,740 population

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_Indiana

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.