Do you like wrestling or basketball better?

I realize the original poster is trolling, but I''ll answer anyway....

I clearly like wrestling more, wrestled as a young kid through high school, and have since been a huge fan, but I also love basketball, I've always loved to play it and watch it at every level, high school through the NBA.

Can someone explain why alot of wrestling fans dislike basketball so much?

I don't get it, it's a great sport!!!! And I truly believe the greatest athletes in the world are in the NBA.

There is nothing more embarrasing than when I see some clown wearing one of those T shirts that diss basketball. If you don't enjoy watching the sport than just don't watch it! Where does the animosity come from? Do some people feel that basketball gets too much respect at the expense of wrestling?

? Do some people feel that basketball gets too much respect at the expense of wrestling?

I would say that you are geting very close here. It is not like that at all schools, but at one point in time many wrestling teams had to wait until the BB team was done using the floor before they could practice. I thnk it is something from the past that just kind of lingers on.

I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons. In the school I graduated from it was mainly because of the basketball players. They loved to tell us that we were "gay" and we like to hump guys, etc. They had no respect for the wrestling program, which was far better than the basketball program. So naturally we talked smack back to them. And our coach always told us if wrestling was too hard to go play for the basketball team haha. And I can understand where coaches hate it because it takes away some of their most promising youngsters. Instead of choosing to wrestle and be good or great, they choose to be a mediocre basketball player. I, myself, have no problem with basketball. I enjoy playing it. I'd rather watch wrestling any day of the week though.

I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons. In the school I graduated from it was mainly because of the basketball players. They loved to tell us that we were "gay" and we like to hump guys, etc. They had no respect for the wrestling program, which was far better than the basketball program. So naturally we talked smack back to them. And our coach always told us if wrestling was too hard to go play for the basketball team haha. And I can understand where coaches hate it because it takes away some of their most promising youngsters. Instead of choosing to wrestle and be good or great, they choose to be a mediocre basketball player. I, myself, have no problem with basketball. I enjoy playing it. I'd rather watch wrestling any day of the week though.

The guys who played Bball when I was in school must have been from a different mold.  Many of the basketball players (varsity) came to the home wrestling meets to support us and we used to go to all the home games and many away to support them.  My class was pretty close like that.  That does not happen anymore from what I can tell.  But, I have also noticed that school spirit just does not exist like it used to either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.