why NO wrestle backs at semi state?????

matfan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Only people who should complain about wrestle backs at semi state, are the people who go to the merrillville semi-state because they have to deal with another round of elbow rubbing and standing. Let's move that semi-state and have wrestle back!!

Ok, I may have missed it in here somewhere. Are some saying that class wrestling would be the solution to not having wrestlebacks?

Won't the people who place 3rd through whatever in Class A or 4A (again whatever) still want wrestlebacks?

Like I said, maybe I missed something here.

Most states that are worst than us have full wrestle-backs.  Obviously wrestle-backs don't increase the quality of wrestling.

That would be like saying the reason Illinois and Ohio are better than us is because they have class wrestling.

Y2 -- I love the site and I love all the hard work you have done for Indiana wrestling. I do think you may have to lay of the sarcasm a bit, however, as there seem to be many that aren't getting it, and it's adding to their confusion.

Rex,

Who decides on what the association proposes and what approach they take?

The IHSWCA is allowed to make proposals every two years.

Generally, the process is that things are brought up at the Fall Clinic, or by a Coach contacting one of the Offiicers.  These things are then discussed at the Regional Reps. Meeting in December, and the people at the meeting come up with wording on the proposals so that a survey can be completed.  Up until a few years ago the survey was mailed and coaches returned them to the Officiers.  Recently, the survey has been completed at the Sectional seeding meeting.  I am not sure what happened this year as we did not have surveys at our meeting.  JD may be mailing them....I do not know this for sure.

Most of the time anything that is brought up is surveyed unless it is mainly off the wall.  You know...like some crazy wanting "class" wrestling (LOL)

An interesting point is that although the IHSAA says that surveying is important I really do not think it matters to them unless it tells them what they want to hear.  For example, the year they went to bigger Sectionals the IHSWCA surveyed at the Sectional seeding meeting and had almost every school participating.  The results said that 98% of our coaches were in favor of having wrestlebacks at the Sectional.  The IHSAA Board voted for the bigger Sectional without wrestlebacks.  That is when we had to get a Principal to propose it during the summer and then cover them up with phone calls, email and etc. to get wrestlebacks.

Y2

Did you ever think about merging your resources with Ihswca. This sounds like a viable way to wake up the IHSAA. Someone just needs to care about what is best and right for the the kids and thier hard work. I am beginning to put this together in my mind. Politics is a real pain in the .....Butt. This is not a matter of " Life is not Fair" . That is what some say when they do not want it to be fairer or are not willing to put forth the effort. Hard Work another brick in the foundation of success.

One of my coaches asked me a question and I could never find a good answer for it.  Why should wrestling have wrestlebacks when other sports, including other individual sports, don't have "wrestlebacks" themselves?  For the non-wrestling minds, it's a legitimate question.

1. keep 4 out of regionals

2. wrestle backs after the 1st SS round

Makes sense, no?

Why should the IHSAA give us wrestlebacks considering all other sports don't have them?  I want them honestly, but this is a question they're going to ask everytime.

One of my coaches asked me a question and I could never find a good answer for it.  Why should wrestling have wrestlebacks when other sports, including other individual sports, don't have "wrestlebacks" themselves?  For the non-wrestling minds, it's a legitimate question.

It is a legit question, especially for those not intimately involved with the sport. And, honestly, I don't know how to answer the question either. I don't think wrestling in quite like any other sport, so I'm not sure other sports are a good comparison, even individual sports. The only other 1 on 1, individual high school sport I can think of is tennis, and I am unaware as to how that state tourney goes. Is it possible for the 2nd or third best tennis player in the State to not get very far cause they happen to be in the same area as the best?? I dunno. Any insight???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.