Southern Indiana Wrestling and its fans

Grap41

I am passing along a message from a parent of wrestler on our team....

I happen to agree with it so I have no problem posting this...

my only problem was the whole cut and paste thing...I have no Blackberry and computers are a mystery to me....LOL  Thank God for the young generation who can teach us old folks how to move into the modern age...kicking and screaming!!!  LOL

BTW...I know this might rankle some feathers and be seen as an attack, but I assure you it is not meant to be that way....It happens on all sides....

Here is the post.............................

What a disapointment Southern Indiana!!

Is there a TEAM out there that their coaches or fans all conduct themselves with perfect conduct?

I think not. Human Nature is not perfect.

To be critizing each other on this web site, witch is being viewed  by all is uncalled for!

Fans BOOing other team wrestlers when their wrestler loses! (All the wrestlers or out there wrestling their hearts out, your wrestler or mine deserves respect.) Then that teams fans wonders why everybody cheers against them. What do they expect?

Let's set a new GOAL for Southern Indiana!

Where SPORTMANSHIP is an EXPECTATION!

Let the Players play

Let the Coaches coach

Let the Officials officiate

LET THE SPECTATORS BE POSITIVE

This banner hangs in our school gym's lets respect it in which it was earned.

What fun is good sportsmanship??? kidding

In all seriousness though, you are always going to have a few bad apples.  There is always going to be a rude coach, wrestler, parent, fan.  But, the overall majority of these people are respectful and show good sportsmanship, so its not really fair to act like we all need to shape up.

i agree...i just think that sometimes we just get ahead of ourselves and want to be heard...

i get carried away, maybe thats because i was spoil while at EMD...but i do take my hat off to the castle 14...great job mean, no go out there and bring SI the title...

Southern Indiana and it's fans???  I do not think that accussations of  "bad sportsmanship" or "rude fans" can be restricted to only the lower part of the state, nor do I think it can encompass the entire fan base.  You will always have a few "bad apples" no matter where you are, that's just a part of competitive sports, deal with it and move on. I am completely on board with your desire to see better sportsmanship or more supportive fans, but as a Southern Indiana wrestling fan, I take a major offense to you "calling out" the southern part of the state like they're some rednecks who just don't get it...when I have had personal experience with the "northern fans" being rude, obnoxious, and downright disrespectful.

You want to talk about booing...what about when 4x state champion Blake Maurer was booed on the podium each and every year?!?  I don't think that was the southern part of the state booing a kid who worked his butt off to accomplish that!  As for being supportive...each year you will see me screaming my head off for kids from several schools, not just my school...because I am all about Southern Indiana wrestling...in fact, come State, you will even see me cheering for non-Southern area kids, because I just love to watch them wrestle or they are about to accomplish something great and I want to see that happen for them (regardless of where they are from).

So, excuse me if I don't think that your post is either credible or appropriate.  By making this post, you have tried to blacken the eye of some of the greatest fans I have ever had the chance to be around. Now, if only I could get those Bellmont fans down here (I love their spunk), I think So. IN would have THE BEST FANS EVER!!!

Couldn't agree more, I have asked mod's to lock both posts concerning final matches at Bloomington. It's ridiculous and embarrasing.

Like I said last week

Let the kids be kids

Let the matches play out

Stop the whining

Addition: I had a kid get boo'ed saturday when he got head butted and was bleeding all over the mat. Obviously we were stalling and trying to recover b/c we got head butted.

my only problem was the whole cut and paste thing...I have no Blackberry and computers are a mystery to me....LOL  Thank God for the young generation who can teach us old folks how to move into the modern age...kicking and screaming!!!  LOL

BTW...I know this might rankle some feathers and be seen as an attack, but I assure you it is not meant to be that way....It happens on all sides....

Is there a TEAM out there that their coaches or fans all conduct themselves with perfect conduct?

To be critizing each other on this web site, witch is being viewed  by all is uncalled for!

Fans BOOing other team wrestlers when their wrestler loses! (All the wrestlers or out there wrestling their hearts out, your wrestler or mine deserves respect.) Then that teams fans wonders why everybody cheers against them. What do they expect?

Let the Players play

Let the Coaches coach

I'm on board with your desire for sportsmanship and personally I disagree with your perception that the southern part of the state doesn't have it. I think we do!! On the other side of that you are going to see booing anywhere you go in our state or any other state it's human nature get over it and move on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you just on here a couple of weeks ago violating the rules you now propose?? Or was then something different and now you realize you might need some of us rednecks in a couple of weeks when you hit Center Grove??

Qoute from Grap41 on January 25th......

The dispute was over whether the wrestler really got hit in the eye.  This has been called twice this year in matches that I have watched and both times it was late in the third period between these two wrestlers and called when the one went running backwards holding his eye.  I think the timing of it happening two weeks in a row in the last seconds to get it to overtime is the reason it was so disputed.  Good move on his part.  I compare it to the punter that acts like he gets smashed into, so he can get a roughing the kicker call.  As long as there will be new officials, he can use it again next week

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.   Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

*************WOW************Are You Serious!!!!

Ritter should get an OSCAR for that performance!!!  There is no love lost between these two. Actually the animosity comes from the Reitz boy as last year he wanted to fight Petti in the parking lot after the match.

We looked at the video from some of the parents and have come up with a new measurement. It seems that from now on, anything that falls in the six inch range (the distance Petti's finger was from his eye) is now and forever more to be called a Ritter. So next week in the Super Bowl when a team is a 1/2 foot from the goal line. The announcers should proclaim that they are a "Ritter" away from a touch down.

Some of the Reitz assistants and some unnamed fans also showed a lack of whatever after the match. Totally Redneck in my opinion.....

At the Castle Regional, I can't say that I heard any real booing of a wrestler.  Several officials got booed.  A few coaches got booed.  There was a lot of cheering for various competitors.  I know anyone that beat a Castle wrestler was getting cheers from 3/4 of the gym.  Same as it was for MD last year.

Maybe something happened at one of the other regionals, but I didn't think poor sportsmanship was rampant at Castle.

Let the Players play

Let the Coaches coach

I'm on board with your desire for sportsmanship and personally I disagree with your perception that the southern part of the state doesn't have it. I think we do!! On the other side of that you are going to see booing anywhere you go in our state or any other state it's human nature get over it and move on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you just on here a couple of weeks ago violating the rules you now propose?? Or was then something different and now you realize you might need some of us rednecks in a couple of weeks when you hit Center Grove??

Qoute from Grap41 on January 25th......

The dispute was over whether the wrestler really got hit in the eye.  This has been called twice this year in matches that I have watched and both times it was late in the third period between these two wrestlers and called when the one went running backwards holding his eye.  I think the timing of it happening two weeks in a row in the last seconds to get it to overtime is the reason it was so disputed.  Good move on his part.  I compare it to the punter that acts like he gets smashed into, so he can get a roughing the kicker call.  As long as there will be new officials, he can use it again next week

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.   Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

*************WOW************Are You Serious!!!!

Ritter should get an OSCAR for that performance!!!  There is no love lost between these two. Actually the animosity comes from the Reitz boy as last year he wanted to fight Petti in the parking lot after the match.

We looked at the video from some of the parents and have come up with a new measurement. It seems that from now on, anything that falls in the six inch range (the distance Petti's finger was from his eye) is now and forever more to be called a Ritter. So next week in the Super Bowl when a team is a 1/2 foot from the goal line. The announcers should proclaim that they are a "Ritter" away from a touch down.

Some of the Reitz assistants and some unnamed fans also showed a lack of whatever after the match. Totally Redneck in my opinion.....

I bet if I went back and looked at all of your old posts, we would find discrepancies in them also...

I posted that for someone and I DO AGREE WITH IT.....

I root for ALL the kids that come out of this area....so does everyone I know...

Regarding the stir up between teams, can any other regional say what has happened in our regional has happened in theirs this year? Where a team who has dominated the state for the last 15 years got beat by a rival local team? A team that has always been in the shadows you could say finally knocked off the big dog. Things will be heated and people will be bitter. Competition will be as high as possible tho and its a blessing to us fans that we get to see such high emotional matches. So until another region is apart of something like this one is, they can keep their two cents. I dont pretend to know everything about astrology because I watched a special on the science channel. So why would anyone who isnt at our regionals pretend to know about whats going on because they read it on this board. You always hear about the extremes.

I am all for getting along...

So much so I offer this challenge to the Fans - NO Matter WHERE you find yourselves this weekend.

Take the first step...Initiate the fellowship...Take a moment to say hello to someone from that rival school and wish them a sincere "Good Luck" on that day.

Kindness is to be given first, and Cherished when received.

Regarding the stir up between teams, can any other regional say what has happened in our regional has happened in theirs this year? Where a team who has dominated the state for the last 15 years got beat by a rival local team? A team that has always been in the shadows you could say finally knocked off the big dog. Things will be heated and people will be bitter. Competition will be as high as possible tho and its a blessing to us fans that we get to see such high emotional matches. So until another region is apart of something like this one is, they can keep their two cents. I dont pretend to know everything about astrology because I watched a special on the science channel. So why would anyone who isnt at our regionals pretend to know about whats going on because they read it on this board. You always hear about the extremes.

BB - Great point wrestling is a rip your guts emotional roller coaster ride that's what makes it great. This isn't golf or sychronized swimming, plus all fans are inside a building very close to each other which adds to the intensity. I'm all for the sportsmanship side of things and respecting your opponent, etc., but this is first and foremost a contact sport and you can't have it both ways.

So much so I offer this challenge to the Fans - NO Matter WHERE you find yourselves this weekend.

Take the first step...Initiate the fellowship...Take a moment to say hello to someone from that rival school and wish them a sincere "Good Luck" on that day.

Hey could agree more BB. I have to say though I'm pretty excited about Sat. like every year, but (I'm only joking with you, this past Sat is over I'm actually still laughing about how sad some of the fans were) can we stay inside when we do this or do we have to follow the Castle guy to the parking lot? I'm sorry man that was low but I found this weekend very entertaining from the other side of the gym (some good matches with some poor sports going at it). All jokes side BB GOOD LUCK to you guys this weekend, your 215 is def. impressive.

Hey could agree more BB. I have to say though I'm pretty excited about Sat. like every year, but (I'm only joking with you, this past Sat is over I'm actually still laughing about how sad some of the fans were) can we stay inside when we do this or do we have to follow the Castle guy to the parking lot? I'm sorry man that was low but I found this weekend very entertaining from the other side of the gym (some good matches with some poor sports going at it). All jokes side BB GOOD LUCK to you guys this weekend, your 215 is def. impressive.

This Saturday is going to ROCK!!!!  All that talent in one place battling it out...How can that NOT be a GREAT thing????

Just be glad you DON'T have to follow a Castle guy out into the parking lot...You would miss the rest of the day and most of the next!  LOL

We have a great group of kids who have paid their dues to this point, but have HUGE challenges coming. 

Good Luck to ALL of THE REGION'S Wrestlers...

Bluebolt, I like chocolate chip cookies if your taking orders. ;D ;D

Let the Players play

Let the Coaches coach

I am not sure, but I think some may have either misread this post, or possibly just don't want to like the poster or the post itself...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the message of the original post one that stresses Sportsmanship and a Positive Environment?  How someone can take issue with that I am not sure.  

Taking Orders?  No...And I am keeping ALL the cookies for myself!!!

But I will wish the MD faithful the Best of Luck on Saturday  :-)

Bluebolt, I like chocolate chip cookies if your taking orders. ;D ;D

I thought you were having a Hallmark moment there and some warm cookies would help everyone get along..............LOL ................;D

I am to the point it will either be "Get Along" or "Get Out of THE REGION"    ;D

I DO have some of those Peanut Butter Cookies I would gladly give some of the posters here though!  LOL

Were those the same peanut butter cookies that I saw being sold to only westside wrestling fans last week at Castle?  ;D  I can't believe they ran out of Ski when I went to the concessions. Seriously though, It would be nice to see everyone in the southern part cheering for each other when wrestling people out side of the " region "  ;)

Were those the same peanut butter cookies that I saw being sold to only westside wrestling fans last week at Castle?  ;D  I can't believe they ran out of Ski when I went to the concessions. Seriously though, It would be nice to see everyone in the southern part cheering for each other when wrestling people out side of the " region "  ;)

Ski????  Good Lord man That's "Human Processed" Mt. Dew - you know...Already "Run through the pipes"!!!!

No these Peanut Butter Cookies are made with only the finest Georgia Peanut Butter I got a GREAT deal on!  Bought it by the Semi full!!!!

;)

I thought you were having a Hallmark moment there and some warm cookies would help everyone get along..............LOL ................;D

I am to the point it will either be "Get Along" or "Get Out of THE REGION"     ;D

I DO have some of those Peanut Butter Cookies I would gladly give some of the posters here though!   LOL

You better bring those cookies and ski on Saturday - Because a coke and a candy bar is going to cost $9.00 at Roberts Stadium

I cheer for all evansville kids, i have booed before but a ref making a bad call in a tuff match never a kid.  i will be cheering for nut,kuhn,johns,simms,well all evansville young men,get a good nites sleep you are going to need it.  good luck all evansville kids, newburgh is not evansville ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.