Castle vs. Mater Dei?

DelphiHWT

I would like to say a few things and put this to rest. My name is Rich Henderson the father of Zach Henderson MD 125 I saw first hand the match and was deeply impressed with Castles performance, very good job and well done. Coach Harmon my hat is off to you and your staff you had the kids prepared. I also would like to thank all the particpants who walked onto the mat they deserve a lot of credit. I beleive in hard work and effort and you guys brought that. I have allways taught my son to be Humble in win or defeat and to respect your apponent. I do sincerly wish you guys the best at team state and want nothing but a state championship for Southern Indiana. We are done as far as team state goes, so now I have to get my son prepaired mentally for indiviual, and I want him to go as far as he can. I would like to see the Southern part of the state come together and support our wrestlers the best we can and help or guide them in thier venture so they can compete at the highest level possible. Thank you Mater Dei for a great season and best of luck to Castle at team State we are counting on you guys, dont let up and keep working hard, you are capable of winning it all, and would'nt that be awesome. Sincerly Zch Henderson's Dad RICH!

I would like to say a few things and put this to rest. My name is Rich Henderson the father of Zach Henderson MD 125 I saw first hand the match and was deeply impressed with Castles performance, very good job and well done. Coach Harmon my hat is off to you and your staff you had the kids prepared. I also would like to thank all the particpants who walked onto the mat they deserve a lot of credit. I beleive in hard work and effort and you guys brought that. I have allways taught my son to be Humble in win or defeat and to respect your apponent. I do sincerly wish you guys the best at team state and want nothing but a state championship for Southern Indiana. We are done as far as team state goes, so now I have to get my son prepaired mentally for indiviual, and I want him to go as far as he can. I would like to see the Southern part of the state come together and support our wrestlers the best we can and help or guide them in thier venture so they can compete at the highest level possible. Thank you Mater Dei for a great season and best of luck to Castle at team State we are counting on you guys, dont let up and keep working hard, you are capable of winning it all, and would'nt that be awesome. Sincerly Zch Henderson's Dad RICH!

Well said Mr. Henderson, very good comment, now southern boy go to work!!!

I was standing on that rail. You had some fans and ONE JV WRESTLER givin us the bird so we're even.

your a crybaby irishman

You know something else.... when you have beaten us in years past, we have always rooted for you at team state, but you hope we get stomped.......now where is the horrible display of support?

First of all as I said in a previous post Congratulations to the Castle Program I will be rooting for you guys at Team State!!

The Stick - I have a question for you since you were on the rail as you said above. Why was the Castle camera kid set up on the Mater Dei side filming  with an angle right behind our bench? I've tried to consider a logical reason why he would set up on the Mater Dei side and honestly I can't find one.

It is kind of funny that a few westside rednecks and a few eastside cake eaters are taking something that is very positive for wrestling in this part of the state and turning it into a childish playground argument.

Castle is as good as they are because they had to in order to beat EMD.  EMD had set the bar and all programs around the area had to work extremely hard to get there.  The Castle program got there.  Now it is time for the Castle program to return the favor.  EMD has something to shoot for.

We should all hope that this was not lightning in a bottle for Castle and a down year for EMD because that is not compelling competition.  You want both programs to be extremely good and going at it hard because anything less will not prepare you for the teams up north who, lets face it, have better team competition day to day right now.

i agree the were consistent with the calls...lots of stalling from Castle and lots of non-wrestling from MD...that is the worse I have ever seen mater dei wrestle...simply worthless. 

i would like to say one more thing.  the parents/fans from castle that were standing along the railing was a horrible display of support. 

and I know this is gonna sound mean as hell...but have fun gettin STOMPED at state

I wasnt paying attention to whoever was at the railing above the mats but I have heard things (from both sides).

I am sure that you would agree that it was in poor taste on both sides and that the emotions were probably running real high.

I would like and hope to believe that it was a select few but to be honest....I would think that most fans were watching where it counts and thats on the mat.

I can tell ya that no parents were involved...they were in the bleachers, watching their boys.

I would hope that even though Castle had never beaten you all, that they would at least act like they had been there before. From what I saw and heard, they did just that.

Most MD parents and fans that I know were bummed they lost but actually came over to offer their support to us...That should say it all ...you win with dignity and lose with the same....Dude...you got some issues....kind of like trying to pick fights like Tags dad from Jeff...You both should hook up

Not sure what the getting "STOMPED" at state meant. I am sure you are just having some withdrawl issues. I can tell you though that once Semi State, State and Team State arrives...everyone down here should root for all the boys from the south. I know we do.....

It is kind of funny that a few westside rednecks and a few eastside cake eaters are taking something that is very positive for wrestling in this part of the state and turning it into a childish playground argument.

Castle is as good as they are because they had to in order to beat EMD.  EMD had set the bar and all programs around the area had to work extremely hard to get there.  The Castle program got there.  Now it is time for the Castle program to return the favor.  EMD has something to shoot for.

We should all hope that this was not lightning in a bottle for Castle and a down year for EMD because that is not compelling competition.  You want both programs to be extremely good and going at it hard because anything less will not prepare you for the teams up north who, lets face it, have better team competition day to day right now.

Hey....cake is good...especially yellow cake with chocolate icing.....not much for weight loss but yum yum...LOL

I had no interest on who won the match, except for the five bucks I lost based on point spread.  :'(  I just went to the meet to see some great wrestling.

Some of my thoughts:

-The match was the most intense one I have ever been to.  I thought that both teams really came out with a fire in their belly to win.  Castle was just the better team that night and maybe wanted it a little bit more.

-The refs did a decent job, except when it came to stalling calls.  The stalling calls favored MD heavily.  I wish I would have kept a tally on stallings just to see if it was as lopsided as it seemed to me.  At one point a Castle wrestler took two straight shots and then was hit with a stalling call.  They were really inconsistant with them the whole night.  That was especially apparent when it came to round 2 and the same ref who kept hitting Castle for stalling wouldn't hit Jeffersonville when he didn't attempt a takedown for two periods.

-The castle people standing next to the rail weren't that bad during the MD/Castle match.  They were fired up and on the officials for every single call, which I don't mind in a close match against your rival.  As long as there isn't profanity being thrown out, and I didn't hear any.  They did get bad when it came to the Castle/Jeffersonville match.  The mat was moved to the center so the people had to yell louder to be heard half way across the gym.  Toward the end it was obvious that Castle was going to win, and the people standing by the rail were still being just as loud and on the official on every little call.  I guess you can do what you want, but I would have refrained by that point.  But this was only 2 or 3 people, so its not that big of a deal.  Castle brought a lot of people and most of them were fine.

-MD should not feel ashamed for their performance this year, they should be proud of what they accomplished.  They wrestled well all year, and got beat by a really good team.  It happens in all sports.  There have been plenty of times that a good football team has beaten an opponent during the regular season, then lost in the playoffs.  Just because you didn't win state, doesn't mean your season was a failure.  If most teams in the state accomplished what you did this year, they would consider it the best season their program has ever had.

-If I were a Castle fan I would be pumped right now.  After seeing their loss to MD earlier in the season, I didn't think they had a prayer against them in regional, I was wrong.  Castle came out like a team on a mission.  Their guys fought for every point and refused to give up an easy takedown. Keep that intensity up and you have a great chance at bringing home a state title.  I think this is a positive thing for all of southern Indiana wrestling.  Other programs around southern Indiana have spent years being overshadowed by MD domination.  It will be good to get another team state exposure. So go get em Castle, bring a state title home!!!

i agree the were consistent with the calls...lots of stalling from Castle and lots of non-wrestling from MD...that is the worse I have ever seen mater dei wrestle...simply worthless. 

i would like to say one more thing.  the parents/fans from castle that were standing along the railing was a horrible display of support. 

and I know this is gonna sound mean as hell...but have fun gettin STOMPED at state

I wasnt paying attention to whoever was at the railing above the mats but I have heard things (from both sides).

I am sure that you would agree that it was in poor taste on both sides and that the emotions were probably running real high.

I would like and hope to believe that it was a select few but to be honest....I would think that most fans were watching where it counts and thats on the mat.

I can tell ya that no parents were involved...they were in the bleachers, watching their boys.

I would hope that even though Castle had never beaten you all, that they would at least act like they had been there before. From what I saw and heard, they did just that.

Most MD parents and fans that I know were bummed they lost but actually came over to offer their support to us...That should say it all ...you win with dignity and lose with the same....Dude...you got some issues....kind of like trying to pick fights like Tags dad from Jeff...You both should hook up

Not sure what the getting "STOMPED" at state meant. I am sure you are just having some withdrawl issues. I can tell you though that once Semi State, State and Team State arrives...everyone down here should root for all the boys from the south. I know we do.....

I am Tags dad and I wasnt trying to pick fights. I had enuff of that when I did MMA in Calif. I know who the Irishman is talking about. They were loud and complaining about every call. It was very annoying. All the Jeff fans were getting upset. I simply was trying to let them know how loud and abnoxious they were.  I t was all in good fun after that. they laughed at me and me at them. Then it toned down.  the bottom line is Castle is a greata wrestling team and they deserve to win. They are the best team I have seen this year. I wish them the very best at State and simcerely hope they win.

Irishman, coming from another MD fan, You are an IDIOT! Please don't get on here and make the rest of our fanbase look as stupid as you. I'm not saying the bird wasn't fliped by some fans on the MD side, I didn't see it but I was watching the match not the crowd at that time. My only complaint about the fans on the rail was a boo or two when Sims went down for injury but I have seen MD boo for the same thing. In my opinion Sims was hurt as it showed a little more later in the match and had we all seen that a little earlier I don't think he would have been booed. Castle wrestlers, coaches, parents and fans..... GOOD LUCK! WIN STATE!

Irishman, coming from another MD fan, You are an IDIOT! Please don't get on here and make the rest of our fanbase look as stupid as you. I'm not saying the bird wasn't fliped by some fans on the MD side, I didn't see it but I was watching the match not the crowd at that time. My only complaint about the fans on the rail was a boo or two when Sims went down for injury but I have seen MD boo for the same thing. In my opinion Sims was hurt as it showed a little more later in the match and had we all seen that a little earlier I don't think he would have been booed. Castle wrestlers, coaches, parents and fans..... GOOD LUCK! WIN STATE!

Amen Brother

I hadn't looked at the boards since yesterday, early afternoon, but when I got on this afternoon, I was saddened and very surprised by some of the comments I've been reading.  MD has a long-standing history of both winning and losing with dignity, it is tradition, ingrained from the first time you step on those mats.  Parents and family members should not get on here and try to a) bring shame to a wonderful program with a long history of supporting ALL wrestlers from Southern Indiana or B) try to take anything away from Castle...this is a BIG WIN for them and they deserve credit for going out and getting the job done. 

I think it's safe to say that most of the MD fans will be rooting for Castle come Feb. 28...I know I will! As an MD fan, I have been waiting for years for some of the other So. IN teams to step it up and become competitive with us...now that it's finally happened you won't find me complaining.  It's time for So. IN to get the credit it deserves for serving up quality wrestlers!

So come on Castle...bring the title home...we're behind you!

This weeks events are all in the books and it's time to focus on more pressing business...

Thanks to Mater Dei and Jeffersonville for two REALLY tough duals!!!

Now let's drop this crap and get on with the wrestling!!!!!

Both Schools...I REPEAT BOTH SCHOOLS had some idiots in the stands, young and old.  I think most teams have these.  All in all I think Castle deserves to celebrate for a great win and I think most MD fans want Castle to win it all. 

Good luck to Castle and MD this weekend as well as all of the SIAC teams.

Maximus......? the camera boy was NOT behind the MD bench..,....what are u talking bout?

The "camera Boy" was the younger bro to the welches and he was between me and the Castle fans.BEHIND THE CASTLE BENCH

You and Angryirishman need to take a break together........BECAUSE I witnessed a MD fan Filming The Jeff/ Castle 112 match. So do u see what happens when u try to call people out?

Whats the Jeff match got to do with the question I ask you? And you are a LIAR he was standing next to me fella filming right behind the bench. Don't get on here and make stuff up this is where the big boys play. Don't put me together with the angryirishman I've done nothing but congratulate Castle and tell them I will be rooting for them at State. I simply asked an honest question since you supposedly were on the rail as you said which I also think you lied about.

If you really witnessed a MD fan filiming the Jeff/Castle (which would be stupid since we were out of it at that point) match I would write your congressman or give the IHSAA a phone call. One last thing it wasn't the younger brother of the Welches (he is in the 8th grade) I know who he is this kid was high school kid the same one that filmed all day today. See what happens when you call me out, I bring it brother....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.