Bloomington South Regionals

SANDMAN1962

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Barlow looked on his feet in the finals, I believe Richey could have his way with him.  Nevertheless, should make for an interesting final. 

In the case of of the standing reversal, any time a bottom wrestler goes from bottom to behind the top wrestler standing it is considered a reversal.  Good call Coach Marsh! (Count it!)

Barlow looked pretty good on his feet against Cook and Spencer then #1 and #2!!  Who has Richey wrestled this year?

I didn't see him in those matches.  He must have been timid in the Sectional Finals then.  I'm not discounting his wrestling ability, I'm just saying that on his feet he didn't impress me.  He does have one mean cradle though!

hes got to get by mccoy first

Im sure he realizes this but in my opinion if Armand will dominate McCoy, just way to smooth for him. And the finals rematch will be great. Im sure McCoy doesnt want you on his jock so tight either.

Lol all i was saying is that hes goin to have to make it past mccoy first then he will have to beat farmer who is very well coached then he can worry about milenbaugh(if he even makes it to the finals). It will be a good match, it sucks that one of them will not make it out. I guess we will just find out sat. how this all plays out.

hes got to get by mccoy first

Im sure he realizes this but in my opinion if Armand will dominate McCoy, just way to smooth for him. And the finals rematch will be great. Im sure McCoy doesnt want you on his jock so tight either.

Lol all i was saying is that hes goin to have to make it past mccoy first then he will have to beat farmer who is very well coached then he can worry about milenbaugh(if he even makes it to the finals). It will be a good match, it sucks that one of them will not make it out. I guess we will just find out sat. how this all plays out.

Wait a minute.....I think Farmer has to make it past Ogle first.

-Schroeder  SW

-Reiker  CE

-Boomsma  BS

-Gibson  MA

***Schroeder was my upset pick for sectional champ (seeded 3rd), I am staying with him***

-Colon   CN

-Miracle  BN/S?

-Reiker  CE

-Taylor  MA

***Momma what a finals***.....................Top two to State***

-Jensen  THS

-Mest  ED

-Holley  JC

-Albertson  CN

-Pingleton  NV

-Page  THN

-Adams  MA

-Case  THS

-Richey BC

-Barlow  BS

-Reitman  JC

-Smith  SW

***1st and 2nd could be reversed too hard to call..............both will go to State***

-Richey  BC

-Marthin  MA

-Salyers  ED

-Brawner  SW

-Armand  JC

-Milenbaugh  CN

-Wojdyla  BC

-Farmer  BS

***Round three, buckle up***

-Spicer  ED

-Montgomery  THS

-Wadell  CN

-Whalen  MA

-Fudurich  SU

-Howard  SB

-Holt  CN

-Bryant  CE

-Beiswanger  JC

-Sparks  ED

-Terrell  BS

-Brierly  CE

***DOGFIGHT***

-Watson  CN

-Biggs  JC

-Goldman  BN

-Chasteen  SB

-Kopitzke  JC

-Brownfield  CN

-Eads  BS

-Henderson  SB

***What a field of talent***

-Collett  JC

-Smith  SW

-Vandeventer  BN

-Valentin  BS

***Collett is wrestling like a man possessed***

-Gill  CN

-Arthur  BN

-Caum  JC

-Rust  SEY

***I think round three for these top two also, if correct they split matches but both were close***

Good Luck to all, this is going to be as good as the super bowl!!!  Last Saturday at the Jennings County sectional it was amazing.  The wrestlers left it "ALL" on the mat the coaching was outstanding.  Good Luck also to Columbus North at team regional.

-Schroeder  SW

-Reiker  CE

-Boomsma  BS

-Gibson  MA

***Schroeder was my upset pick for sectional champ (seeded 3rd), I am staying with him***

-Colon   CN

-Miracle  BN/S?

-Reiker  CE

-Taylor  MA

-Jensen  THS

-Mest  ED

-Holley  JC

-Albertson  CN

-Pingleton  NV

-Page  THN

-Adams  MA

-Case  THS

-Richey BC

-Barlow  BS

-Reitman  JC

-Smith  SW

***1st and 2nd could be reversed too hard to call..............both will go to State***

-Richey  BC

-Marthin  MA

-Salyers  ED

-Brawner  SW

-Armand  JC

-Milenbaugh  CN

-Wojdyla  BC

-Farmer  BS

-Spicer  ED

-Montgomery  THS

-Wadell  CN

-Whalen  MA

-Fudurich  SU

-Howard  SB

-Holt  CN

-Bryant  CE

-Beiswanger  JC

-Sparks  ED

-Terrell  BS

-Brierly  CE

***DOGFIGHT***

-Watson  CN

-Biggs  JC

-Goldman  BN

-Chasteen  SB

-Kopitzke  JC

-Brownfield  CN

-Eads  BS

-Henderson  SB

-Collett  JC

-Smith  SW

-Vandeventer  BN

-Valentin  BS

-Gill  CN

-Arthur  BN

-Caum  JC

-Rust  SEY

***I think round three for these top two also, if correct they split matches but both were close***

Good Luck to all, this is going to be as good as the super bowl!!!  Last Saturday at the Jennings County sectional it was amazing.  The wrestlers left it "ALL" on the mat the coaching was outstanding.  Good Luck also to Columbus North at team regional.

Round 4 for Gill and Arthur.

Round 1: Gill 3 Arthur 0

Round 2: Arthur 2 Gill 1 in Double OT

Round 3: Gill by fall.  Gill was winning 5-0

how is a standing reversal questionable.  If anything the first time Arhmand won was off a Questionable throw.

hmm, lets see....what about that out of bounds line?? i think that could be one of the main reasons why it would be questionable? just a thought, also as of the questionable throw...what about milenbaugh stalling that time to where all armand could get is a throw? i mean, in my opinion if someone is running from you, it's hard to wrestle. Just like in that finals match at sectionals with the two of them. What about that avoiding wrestling rule thats new this year? i mean, i may be wrong but i believe that is supposed to be an automatic point without a caution. in my personal opinion, if a guy is literally running backwards from the opponent, that would be avoiding wrestling, but appearantly im wrong and it is just stalling, even though stalling is what had been happening that entire match from milenbaugh.

Agreed. Once he had the lead, Milenbaugh stalled the rest of the match to the point of running around the mat. 1 point should have been awarded.

how is a standing reversal questionable.  If anything the first time Arhmand won was off a Questionable throw.

hmm, lets see....what about that out of bounds line?? i think that could be one of the main reasons why it would be questionable? just a thought, also as of the questionable throw...what about milenbaugh stalling that time to where all armand could get is a throw? i mean, in my opinion if someone is running from you, it's hard to wrestle. Just like in that finals match at sectionals with the two of them. What about that avoiding wrestling rule thats new this year? i mean, i may be wrong but i believe that is supposed to be an automatic point without a caution. in my personal opinion, if a guy is literally running backwards from the opponent, that would be avoiding wrestling, but appearantly im wrong and it is just stalling, even though stalling is what had been happening that entire match from milenbaugh.

Agreed. Once he had the lead, Milenbaugh stalled the rest of the match to the point of running around the mat. 1 point should have been awarded.

Well, im thinking that maybe the refs dont really know this rule too much, because i think that if your running from your opponent then you are clearly avoiding wrestling, but i know im wrong....just look at how the match was called haha

Everyone knows the referee that was refing that match never calls stalling.  The most he will ever do is give a warning with about 10 seconds left which he did in that match.

What about that avoiding wrestling rule thats new this year? i mean, i may be wrong  but i believe that is supposed to be an automatic point without a caution. in my personal opinion, if a guy is literally running backwards from the opponent, that would be avoiding wrestling, but appearantly im wrong and it is just stalling, even though stalling is what had been happening that entire match from milenbaugh.Quote from: wrasler on Today at 11:48:50 AM

You Are WRONG, avoiding wrestling (TV)is not new this year we have had this rule for many years. Unless wrestler A or wrestler B is leaving the wrestling area or A or B is forcing his opponent out of the wrestling area we do NOT have avoiding wrestling. Stalling would be the correct call  

i dont see miracle beating colon.. i dont even think miracle should be ranked seeing as how he has been beat by fisher twice. almost tech falled the first time

Shawn has worked very hard to improve in every aspect of his wrestling.  He has lost to three wrestlers this year.  Colon three times, Fisher twice, and Devin Jackson once.  He has lost big to Colon and Fisher.  In all fairness though he was very sick all week, struggled to make weight, and had to dig deep just to wrestle them both on that same day.  I believe the following week he lost to Fisher 6-4 and Colon 4-3.  

Shawn is a fighter and will give everything he has.  He has a very methodical style that can beat a lot of wrestlers.  His conditioning is excellent and comes in handy in the third period.

Francisco Colon is a great kid also who is strong as an ox and has an incredible double leg.  Shawn and Francisco respect each other and love the battles they have.

Derek Fisher is another great kid who I think is tremendously underated.  He has a wiry strength and an amazing scrambling ability.  Derek is very good in every position.  If he is on he can beat anyone.  

I think that all three of these wrestlers have a great shot at going to state.  I am personally rooting for all three of them as I know them personally and have had the opportunity to coach Derek in the off season and coach against Francisco since Shawn's freshman year.  Good luck guys, you all deserve the trip to state.

What about that avoiding wrestling rule thats new this year? i mean, i may be wrong  but i believe that is supposed to be an automatic point without a caution. in my personal opinion, if a guy is literally running backwards from the opponent, that would be avoiding wrestling, but appearantly im wrong and it is just stalling, even though stalling is what had been happening that entire match from milenbaugh.Quote from: wrasler on Today at 11:48:50 AM

You Are WRONG, avoiding wrestling (TV)is not new this year we have had this rule for many years. Unless wrestler A or wrestler B is leaving the wrestling area or A or B is forcing his opponent out of the wrestling area we do NOT have avoiding wrestling. Stalling would be the correct call  

Did you watch the match?  He was definitely backing up straight to the line every time armand locked up with him.  When they first locked up they were around the center then Milenbaugh went straight out of bounds and then got tossed.  From the looks of it Armand is just too strong for Milenbaugh maybe thats why he was backin up.

If it would have went into over time Armand would have certainlycame out on top He is much more conditioned

I am so excited about this weekend. The 215lb is what I will be focusing on. I give it all to Mark Collett. I may be a little bias since his mom is my best friend.

-Schroeder  SW

-Reiker  CE

-Boomsma  BS

-Gibson  MA

-Colon   CN

-Miracle  BN/S?

-Reiker  CE

-Taylor  MA

-Jensen  THS

-Mest  ED

-Holley  JC

-Albertson  CN

-Pingleton  NV

-Page  THN

-Adams  MA

-Case  THS

-Richey BC

-Barlow  BS

-Reitman  JC

-Smith  SW

-Richey  BC

-Marthin  MA

-Salyers  ED

-Brawner  SW

-Armand  JC

-Milenbaugh  CN

-Wojdyla  BC

-Farmer  BS

-Spicer  ED

-Montgomery  THS

-Wadell  CN

-Whalen  MA

-Fudurich  SU

-Howard  SB

-Holt  CN

-Bryant  CE

-Beiswanger  JC

-Sparks  ED

-Terrell  BS

-Brierly  CE

***DOGFIGHT***

-Watson  CN

-Biggs  JC

-Goldman  BN

-Chasteen  SB

-Kopitzke  JC

-Brownfield  CN

-Eads  BS

-Henderson  SB

-Collett  JC

-Smith  SW

-Vandeventer  BN

-Valentin  BS

-Gill  CN

-Arthur  BN

-Caum  JC

-Rust  SEY

Round 4 for Gill and Arthur.

Round 1: Gill 3 Arthur 0

Round 2: Arthur 2 Gill 1 in Double OT

Round 3: Gill by fall.  Gill was winning 5-0

I have watched this kid grow up for the last 6 years and I have not seen him more dedicated than now. These next two years will be so interesting for him, so watch out because he will take a few down this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.