twin lakes

D2d

Thank you DROOKE! Heck..i'll remember it for a lifetime and i graduated a year ago.

Heres a good story for ya..I was told when the wrestlers arrived back to the school they walked through the gym to get back to the wrestling room. While a basketball game was going on they received a standing ovation from the west central crowd..most of the fans didn't even know wrestling sectionals were going on that day i'm sure. Must have been the proudest moment for coach Nielson and Wall. Some of the kids that didn't qualify for individual wrestling were not aware of the fact that they had at least one more chance to wrestle this season. It may be a david and goliath match (delphi) but i know each and everyone of them will be working their tail off these next two days and give it 100% like they did yesterday. I'm so proud of you guys and you 15 guys are the only reason i wish i was still in high school. And to Ginger Gella..you have helped this team out tremendously this season.  You gave up a spot to let your workout parnter wrestle at 119 at sectionals even after you beat him in wrestle offs because you thought he'd help the team more.  Your a prime example of what teamwork is all about! DONT BE SATISFIED.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the West Central basketball game on saturday and when the wrestlers returned with that trophy the crowd cheered louder at that moment than they did the whole entire basketball which shows something, something pretty good. Congrats to the guys and good luck at Regionals.

[quote author=hogleg link=topic=2360.msg22805#msg22805 date=123352291

Congats! You are the first person I have ever given a 'Boo" to. Suck it up crybaby!

wow, i'm honored i'm the first ;D ;D

btw, CONGATS to you too....whatever congats means. ???

west central deserved the title fair and square. :'( i've got to hand it to them ;)

There, I fixed my typo for you and I see I have a couple less wahoo points to my name. I am sure you gave me a boo to make yourself feel better. At least you are now picking on a grown man instead of 14 kids from West Central who busted their but to win a sectional. Besides, if they are such a bad team, and finished ahead of your team, then how much does your team suck?

ngwilliams, I was there for the ovation, and it was amazing. As a wrestler from WC, you never really get to see much fan support, outside of family and very close, very dedicated friends (usually not even friends). You always hear of big power house schools, like Mater Dei, having a whole student section and cheerleaders at their wrestling meets, but it's something that a Trojan wrestler really doesn't know. It was amazing to see those boys get that standing ovation. They deserved every bit of it!

Coach's Nielson and Wall,

Great job on Saturday.  Just as I thought, your kids were ready to wrestle!  This is a great measure to your high standards you set for your program.  My sincerely congratulations.  It's always good to see someone from our era "1982-83" win.  Good Luck against Delphi.  They are a very solid team.  Coach Atwood has a very fine team whom will try and set the tone early.  Wrestle tough Coach!

Thanks NWHC145 Champ!  We have tried to not only coach wrestling, but teach these young men how to be great people in our society.  We have tried to empress upon them that they can always set high standards in and out of the classroom.  We both have had a couple of these young men come forward and personally thank us for the sacrifice of time away from our families and work to help them develop.  This is all the payment I need to do what we do at RCHS!  Every coach understands we don't get into this for the pay, but Saturday I was paid in full, without asking for anything!!!!

I would like to thank everyone for all of the nice comments.  We did our best on Saturday and Wednesday we will do our best to make a little noise against Delphi. 

I would like to say to the new coaches in the gym, Burven and Hardy.  There is always a little downturn in the wrestlers when a new Coach starts, but by the end of the year you guys both really had the kids heading in the right direction.  Our little Sectional will definitely be very interesting in the years to come.  Bomber coaches you guys giving my son one of your passes was very nice.

To the loyal fans, I was very proud to share this moment with you.  In many ways you made it possible for us to do what we did.

Mad I should thank you also. A washing machine won't work without an agitator.  Thanks for being our agitator.

Coach Kenny Nielsen

:)Congrats to WC we all knew u could do it

It was a strang Sect with so many good kids not there

It was also exciting to see a new team on top, maybe the Westside will rule for a few yrs with so many returners

Great tourney with the outcome not decided until the final match, when was the last time that happened? How many other Sects can say that? WOW that was a close one too bad the whole gym could not see a current score like on a score board and realize the awesomeness of the last match ::)

This is coming from a past Delphi wrestler who knows what it is like to be the little school that no one thinks has a chance! So Congrats WC!!! hopefully it is the first of many for you guys! and good luck tomorrow I hope you make a good showing against Delphi although I do hope for a dif outcome then the rest of you LOL!!!

Best of luck to the Trojan wrestlers as they face the Oracles from Delphi tomorrow night in the regional team competition.  Each and every one of the Trojans have worked hard this season and they ALL have made a difference.  Coach Kenny and Coach Jason have given up so much time to make this team what it has become.  Thank you isn't nearly enough to say to them.  They have spent time away from their families to make these boys better.

To "mad" - you certainly have a way of making people mad.  Kudos to you if that's what your purpose is.  It will be really sweet if your predicted score turns out to be right.

Good Luck Trojans!  Wrestle Hard!!  You CAN do it!!! ;D

The results are finally posted at the IHSAA site.  However, the individual win/loss records are all wrong.  Unlike all the other results, these show only the win/loss record for the EVENT, not for the season.

If coaches want to improve the sport then please propose to the IHSAA that there be a REQUIRED consistent standard form for reporting results for sectionals, regionals, semi-states.

There are computer generated forms, there are faxed versions that are virtually unreadable --such a hodgepodge.  Could we all get into the twenty-first century?

i had no idea a forum wasn't a place to say what you feel....it's really nothing against west central. it really isn't..they won and i suppose earned their victory.  but didn't they lose to delphi like 71-6 this season????how can the winamac's, logansport's, pioneer's, twin lakes, or bomber faithful not feel sour?? i just don't get it.  wrestling seems to be taking a downward spin....football has taken over the state and basketball is on the backburner....this is the time for you wrestling coaches to beat the hallways and get your kids involved in wrestling.  if west central can put 14 guys on the mat there is absolutely no reason why winamac or logan should be forfeiting weight classes, or the others forfeiting MULTIPLE weight classes!!! >:(  i sincerely hope west central's success sparks the other teams to do something about it and really make this sectional something to come and see. 

it seems you're all looking for a hug. :'(

coach nielsen, if it takes me to motivate your guys then you're in trouble tomorrow night.  can my agitation really make up 65 points..............damn, i'm good ;D

Well Mr. Hungarian Pioneer didn't intend on forfeiting two weight classes this year, but we had three kids move away in our lower weightsd.  Two were top 3 in the sectional last season and we simply couldn't replace them. We had low numbers to start the season  I think we had 23 and finished with 16.  Now you take the three that moved away plus the 3 other juniors walking the hal that decided against wrestling this season our numbers would have approached 30 to start with.. Kids like Leal and Wilson are not spectacular but they were very solid and would have placed top 2-3 again that really hurts a school like us because we had nothing behind them.  If the basketball program would get with it and support the other programs in the school and not drag out 4'6 90  pound freshman  til they are juniors and seniors then decide to cut them then Pioneer wrestling might have more of those small kids around.

I am venting and not directing my anger toward anyone just at the fact that we should have been a better team this season than we were.  But it didn't work out we were very young my leaders didn't wrestle or moved.  Now I will say this wach out for Pioneer the next two or three seasons maybe more...We have a couple 8th grade studs that are comming that will help the other young guys we have now..

Yeah Twin Lakes forfeited 130 and 171 on purpose at sectionals too. Didn't have a couple tore up knees that happened or anything. Ha. I'm proud of West Central no matter how bad they got beat by Delphi. Good Luck to them tom. night!

P.s. Twin Lakes would have had a full team if it wasn't for tore ACL and MCL's.  :-X

Yeah Twin Lakes forfeited 130 and 171 on purpose at sectionals too. Didn't have a couple tore up knees that happened or anything. Ha. I'm proud of West Central no matter how bad they got beat by Delphi. Good Luck to them tom. night!

P.s. Twin Lakes would have had a full team if it wasn't for tore ACL and MCL's.  :-X

True.  Rensselaer also had one of their kids intentionally break his collar bone  so they would not have a full line up either.

Mad Hungarian, nobody likes you because you say everything in a derogatory manner. Even when you "congratulate" WC, you do it with a forked tongue. It just seems to me that you are sore because WC finally turned out a decent team this year (made up mostly of underclassmen  ;D  ) and Winamac turned out a mediocre one. Winamac still has the token state qualifier and you should be putting more effort into uplifting his accomplishments than putting down West Central's.

all of you guys crack me up.....i knew you all take yourselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

It took me like 3 posts to put most of you over the edge.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel...they're easy ;D

at least the "mercilous ming" coach from that other evil empire pulaski county school could keep his cool...........or did he ;)

all fun aside...good luck trojans!  don't let the oracles bust your bubble!!

You didn't get my goat.  You know me and I work hard and im sorry I don't find humor in some of the things you said. I have always liked you and im sure you were saying some things on here in good fun just trying to get a rise out of us... I know you enjoy watching steve and I go at it.  your probably right i am being way to sensitive.  It has been a trying last two seasons so spare judgement :)

Where would we be without the madman ;D I like him too Tim other wise all this would be is a big congrats to WC :P

WInmac was just mediocore, WC was studly Pioneer was just a bunch of puppies

WC was loaded they will beat you Tim for many years to come Coach has built a quality program

Winamc is done there is a new boss in town

Lets beat Delphi tonight and take the Reg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.