Delta Sectional Predictions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes both teams are very well coached.

Yorktwon has been well coached for years.

Winchester was very well coached by Ron Anderson for years and years.  They have two young guys in there now that are doing an ok job.  But not as much experience as Yorktown or Ron.

But which team has their Heavyweight better coached right now.  Yorktown or Winchester?

That is a tough one snatch. Coach Mock was a good wrestler but so was Coach Dulaney.

I will have to go with Yorktown though. There coaches are more expirenced. Chalfant is still the better wrestler though

i think it will be an interesting weekend maybe some major upsets, but I think it wont be such a surprise.The reasoning behind this is that you can never say that someone is a guarantee!It is sectional time anything can happen.I think that bevins pulls off an upset and wins 103 and mosier finally gets a test but still wins and as for the big men whomever comes with their A game will walk away with the win because both adam and ross know one another and what is coming it is all about stepping out on the mat and making it happen.Good luck to all!

They did have a dual with Bellmont, but Bellmont just had to go to the state finals in football and was not able to wrestle that weekend.

Both teams are well coached and both young men work very hard.  They will meet the next 2 Saturdays for sure in the finals, and possible a third Saturday as well.

I am excited about watching the 112 weight class.  A quarter final match up beyween Shaw (WD) and Harry (Wap) will be a rare, early but good one.  Armantrout and Gonzales in the semis will be a fun one as well.

A possible rematch at 135 in the finals between C. Harry (Wap) and Rench (Y).  At county Rench was up 3-0 and got reversed and gave up back points in the final 10 seconds of the match.

Mosier and Whitaker will be interesting.  The loser will be on the same side as Baker next week.

It will be a fun day!

AJ, on your statement I highlighted, are you talking about the teams or the HWTs? I'm assuming you are talking about Chalfant vs. Janney, and if so, what is the possibility of 4 weekends in a row?

ff

Well I think there is a possibility of Chalfant and Janney seeing each other this weekend (100%), and maybe just maybe next weekend too (90%).  But I don't think they will see each other in the finals after that.

Chalfant has proven himself, the last two years and this year.  Janney is good, but I'm not sure that he has proven himself yet.  I'm not sure that he has seen anyone close to chalfant.  Chalfant will see his toughest matches at State. 

White, Clark, Arthur, and Fitzy.  Fitzy will give him the biggest threat.  But he will have to see at least two if not three of these guys and that is where we'll see what kind of man Chalfant is.

you have to keep in mind that the 2 young guys that are now coaching winchester grew up in winchesters wrestling system being coached by anderson and jones.  They may be young, but they have that team ready to go.  What i was refering to earlier about coaching was not who was a better coach for the entire team, because there i would have to go with dulaney and yorktown.  I was saying that individually chalfant is getting better instruction.  going toe to toe with fondrea and mock everyday is quite a workout. and i'm sure chal's older brother makes it into the room every once in awhile

How does everyone think 112 will pan out? Only 4 of these 5 will get to wrestle next week:

#1 seed - Devin Jackson 25-3

#2 seed - Stevie Gonzales 28-4

#3 seed - Jacob Armantrout 25-6

#4 seed - Stefen Harry 23-3

#5 seed  - Dustin Shaw 15-2

Combined record of 116 - 18!

you have to keep in mind that the 2 young guys that are now coaching winchester grew up in winchesters wrestling system being coached by anderson and jones.  They may be young, but they have that team ready to go.  What i was refering to earlier about coaching was not who was a better coach for the entire team, because there i would have to go with dulaney and yorktown.  I was saying that individually chalfant is getting better instruction.  going toe to toe with fondrea and mock everyday is quite a workout. and i'm sure chal's older brother makes it into the room every once in awhile

Careful what you say, it is illegal for Chalfants brother to wrestle with him if he is not certified through the school as a coach.

Andrew Goul

Clear that up for me.

What do you mean...sounded a little confusing.

I agree that Chalfant will win, but not by pin.  I think Janney is a little too much for Chalfant to pin.  Should be good. 

I also think that :

103--T. Bryant (MC) wins 8-4 over Beavans (YK)

112--D. Jackson (YK) wins 7-5 over Gonzlaes (Del)

119--D. Beavans (YK) wins 9-3 over Armantrout (MS)

125--A. Hiestand (YK) pins Shockney (MoC)

130--J. Simmons (WC) wins 7-6 over Smith (YK)

135--C. Harry (WAP) pins Rench (YK)

140--J. Martin (RS) wins 11-5 over Harper (YK)

145--J. Dulaney (YK) wins 9-3 over Heuchan (MuC)

152--B. Whitaker (MS) pins Mosier (YK)

160--T. Castner (YK) pins Osborne (Muc)

171--B. Burke (YK) pins Bosler (WC)

189--E. Dely (DEL) pins Rosson (WC)

215--J. King (MS) pins Fodrea (WC)

HWT--A. Chalfant (WC) wins 12-3 over Janney

Guest KoKo B-Ware

9am wrestling starts.

SHOULD BE AN AWESOME DAY.

LOOKS like 112, 145, 152, 215 and HWT will be great matches all day long.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.